Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We were told just last week that the reason Alfa Romeo delayed the Giulia’s release was because it failed to pass front, side, and rear crash tests and that was why they had to drastically re-engineer the Giulia. Well now Alfa Romeo is denying these claims.

Road &Track was able to reach out to an alfa Romeo spokesperson and they denied the validity of this claim provided by an industry supplier. They said the claims were “not accurate or representative at all."

A similar answer was given to Motor Authority when they reached out to Alfa Romeo. Jiyan Cadiz of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles communications gave them a more definitive answer regarding the rumor.
"The safety concerns expressed in the story are false. The all-new 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia is designed and engineered to meet or exceed all federal safety regulations. The Alfa Romeo Giulia will begin production for the North American market in the late second-quarter of this year."
There would have still been some doubts if he was to call the claim inaccurate instead of outright denying it but with him basically saying 'no' the crash test failure could very well be false. At this point in time we do not know who is actually right. All we have to go on is information from both sides, the supplier and Fiat Chrysler’s representatives.

While the Giulia is still on track for production in late 2nd quarter 2016, we still don’t know what the original cause of that 6 month delay was. The initial Giulia QV release was supposed to have taken place at the end of last year in Europe.

Why the delay? Do you believe the unnamed supplier or Alfa Romeo?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not sure at this point. I assume Alfa Romeo would deny the claim even if it was true but then again the supplier remains unnamed.
At this point, it should be fine as long as the Giulia passes the NCAP test with flying colors.

Maybe the industry supplier will provide a bit more info as to why the car failed the crash test if it's really true.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Time will tell. It is going to have to pass crash tests eventually, and if it doesn't I think it will be hard to keep that under wraps forever. I just know that I don't want to drive an unsafe vehicle.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Time will tell. It is going to have to pass crash tests eventually, and if it doesn't I think it will be hard to keep that under wraps forever. I just know that I don't want to drive an unsafe vehicle.
If safety is that big of a concern and you don't feel safe in the Giulia, don't get it. Or wait till better news comes out.

No point in buying it if one of the most important boxes to you can't be checked off.

Plus there are other good options in this market.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's exactly what I intend to do. I assume the crash test ratings will come out soonish, especially with this rumor around they will want to dispel any notion of it being unsafe as quickly as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts