Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This member @AlfaRomeoCares purports to represent Alfa Romeo customer service yet when you send them a message about an issue you are having, they never respond... What kind of joke is this?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,250 Posts
There have been numerous reports of their mediocrity on this forum. While they may have helped some people, when they chime in on threads it has a hollow sound.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
They helped me the only one time I asked them for help. They responded, followed up and delivered. I have read other posts pointing out help received. There are also posts pointing out frustration and lack of help. I think they may not be perfect as we expect.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Out of warranty, I needed their help recently with a tow. Four hours later, they called me to tell me it'd be R800 (mickey mouse monopoly money!) to tow me 6 miles. When I objected, I was advised that it was negotiable...

Being an AA member, I then got a pick up and tow from my home absolutely free, to the dealership (I'll discuss why on a different thread - my first reliability issue in almost 4 years).

Alfa Cares in SA doesn't... maybe it was because I'm out of warranty, but I doubt it. The AA on the other hand couldn't get to me quick enough. Superb service from them...

P.S. AA is the same as AAA minus an A... :unsure: ;)

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
My 1 experience with them 4 years ago was excellent. Never needed them since.
My son just had an issue with his MY19 car, I asked him how the service experience was with the dealer, he said they were very professional and helpful. He still needed to call Alfa-Care to arrange a long term loaner and they helped him with that. He is waiting for a call-back on Tuesday for something. I will let you know how that goes.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I had two instances where they helped me. I was very satisfied with their response.

·
Registered
66 Posts
They seemed to try to help on various threads I have seen. Just curious what you mean by "never responds"? I wouldn't expect an instant response from any user, especially on a weekend.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Out of warranty, I needed their help recently with a tow. Four hours later, they called me to tell me it'd be R800 (mickey mouse monopoly money!) to tow me 6 miles. When I objected, I was advised that it was negotiable...

Being an AA member, I then got a pick up and tow from my home absolutely free, to the dealership (I'll discuss why on a different thread - my first reliability issue in almost 4 years).

Alfa Cares in SA doesn't... maybe it was because I'm out of warranty, but I doubt it. The AA on the other hand couldn't get to me quick enough. Superb service from them...

P.S. AA is the same as AAA minus an A... :unsure: ;)
You can get 8 steak dinners for R800.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Alfa Romeo cares the phone number and service is ok but I think the op is referring to the user on this forum

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’ve been very satisfied with their help. Nancy at Alfa Cares has taken care of me a couple times. Always calls to follow up after any contact I have with the dealer.

sorry to hear you’ve had a bad experience

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
288 Posts
I’ve asked a question a time or two on here and had a reply from @AlfaRomeoCares, and to be honest it seems to be a somewhat generic response. Calling AlfaRomeoCare is a completely different experience, very customer oriented. I’ve had the pleasure to speak with three different girls and the experience has been the same high quality customer service we should expect (and receive).

·
Registered
280 Posts
This member @AlfaRomeoCares purports to represent Alfa Romeo customer service yet when you send them a message about an issue you are having, they never respond... What kind of joke is this?
It is a way for FCA to redirect public forum complaints to a private discussion. Nothing more than a PR move. The responders (note it's plural - it's a team of people working for FCA, not a single person) have really no powers beyond being a "middleman" to get the complainers in touch with the appropriate support area.

I recall they are part of FCA USA and unable to help with issues in other countries.
Exactly. Note that OP is in Canada not in USA. Despite the common misconception, AR Canada has a separate customer service/support structure.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
This is a private forum, in no way affiliated with FCA. The fact that they are monitoring here and responding is a nice plus but I would in no way expect it to be a reliable way of communicating with with them. You need to contact their official phone number / online chat

·
Registered
22 Posts
They helped me a lot so far. My wife scratched the rims 3 different times and we had nail in the tire twice all in one year. Alfa Care took care of all those without any hassle on my end.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
They helped me a lot so far. My wife scratched the rims 3 different times and we had nail in the tire twice all in one year. Alfa Care took care of all those without any hassle on my end.
Did you call or email them?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts