Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

New engines will be joining the family by the end of the year. These are in addition to the starting range of engines for the Giulia sedan and the engines for the range-topping QV model.

On the first press day of the 2016 Geneva Motor Show Alfa Romeo held a press conference revealing the starting range of engines for the Giulia sedan, but the company missed to mention in the official press release new units will be joining the family by the end of the year.

Starting from April 15, the Italian manufacturer will be accepting orders for the model, which initially will be available with one 2.0 petrol (200 horsepower) and two 2.2 diesel (150 hp and 180 hp) engines. Minimizing the gap between the mainstream Giulia and the range-topping QV model, Alfa will start offering a 280-hp version of the gasoline motor and a 210-hp variant of the diesel.
http://www.motor1.com/news/61447/alfa-romeo-confirms-more-giulia-engines-coming-by-end-of-year

·
Registered
420 Posts
All those power figures sound good and all but how it delivers that power is what will matter to me. Being a vehicle i'll mainly drive in the city and some highway i will want it to have some fun get up and go.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Heard there's going to be more powerful engines for the non QV models near the end of this year so i'm waiting for that. They already released the hp numbers for those but I would like to hear more about them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looking forward to that and how power is distributed since that's what really matters, lower end power that helps with get up and go from a stand still and get up and go from various speeds.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there going to be a stop start function? With city traffic, that is a good feature to cut down on idling. I know it doesn't save a ton of fuel, but I think that every bit counts.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I haven't looked into it but there should be, if it's not going to happen this time around there's no way they can miss out on including it sometime during the production time frame.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bigland said at LA it would have class leading performance and efficiency so I don't see how they don't have it. Especially on that 99g/km diesel.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Their sales depend on it, FCA at this point knows better too from the downdraw they've had. It's almost expected for them to meet or exceed it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I haven't and don't know anyone that has but I bet there are a ton of people not on the forums that have.

Too bad we don't have someone from a dealership here, they could probably report on the deposits that have come in so far.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's fine with me. They can be the first ones to get the Giulia and test drive them too. I like to wait one year after a release for all the kinks to be worked out first. Guess the European books are open for the the QV and the base model Giulias. Maybe even the higher hp variants?

·
Registered
242 Posts
From what they announced at Geneva, EMEA order books don't open until April 15, so still about 3 weeks out. EMEA also won't get the 210hp diesel or 280hp gas engine until later.

I'm hoping they're doing press drives soon so we can get some reports of how they drive & handle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts