Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Been monitoring this forum for a while now and there is some great bits of information for newbie Alfa owners like myself. I just wanted to get everyone view on realistic ordering times. I ordered a Alfa QV back in June 2017. End of June I got an email from the dealer saying the car would be finished production early July and then put on a ship to the UK.

I contacted the dealer this week to ask how the car is progressings, they advised the car is in status 16. Which means it is still at the factory. I was a bit suprised by this, so today I contact Alfa directly who advised that the has a build date of week 35 which is end of August. :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:

This means it would be another 4 - 6 weeks from that date that i would get the car. Considering the car was ordered first week of June, this puts the build time to 16 - 18 weeks!! I was told from the dealership that factory orders for the QV take 8 - 12 weeks.

Can anyone corrobrate the above, based on their experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
order time...?

I ordered my Quad on March 6th, was informed it had a VIN and was built on June 6th, and was told to expect delivery late July. So, 3 months to get it built, and approximately 2 months to get it to California.

Your milage may vary. Hope this helps!

tim

·
Registered
118 Posts
yhoo7--- classic responses... my car was ordered may 13 ( MY 2018 QV). i have a VIN and have been told at port waiting for shipment overseas.
I was told by dealer it would be a sept delivery , which is AR is correct is possible assuming they get it off the continent before holiday. but it truly is amazing how much poor communications the italians can accomplish !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i spoke to the dealership this morning and they provided me with 2 conflicting bits of information

1) that the car is an status 20.
2) that the build week is W35.

Now i dont know if that means that car has been built or is due to be built!!!!??!?!

They said they will contact me next week after they have gotten a better update from Alfa. But it is pretty unnerving!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
So i spoke to the dealership this morning and they provided me with 2 conflicting bits of information

1) that the car is an status 20.
2) that the build week is W35.

Now i dont know if that means that car has been built or is due to be built!!!!??!?!

They said they will contact me next week after they have gotten a better update from Alfa. But it is pretty unnerving!
sounds familiair, I have the same thing. Car is built, but build week 30 according to system.... :rolleyes:
(giulia veloce)

·
Registered
118 Posts
yh007x- wow only 2 conflicting pieces of info. LOL someone is looking out for you.... go buy a lottery ticket:). I have trouble understating why even my dealer can't answer some simple yes/no questions about my car, which is supposedly built and waiting for shipment. M

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Guys

Been monitoring this forum for a while now and there is some great bits of information for newbie Alfa owners like myself. I just wanted to get everyone view on realistic ordering times. I ordered a Alfa QV back in June 2017. End of June I got an email from the dealer saying the car would be finished production early July and then put on a ship to the UK.
From the information I have personally received and read, I'm assuming you are getting a 2018 QV.

Here in the USA, I was told that the 2018 QVs ordered in May/June 2017 wouldn't be arriving until Dec 2017/Jan 2018.

I cannot speak about the UK ordering timelines... and for those in the USA that have ordered a 2018 QV already, only time will tell us how long the wait really is.

Good luck. It's an excellent car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
407- I just got confirmation that my QV ordered may 13 2017 is coming soon! it probably takes 4-6 weeks on port arrival to unload, prep, and transport car before delivery to customer, so I expecting to see her in sept/oct.

First- We have confirmed that your vehicle has been built and is awaiting shipment to port. It does take approximately 4 to 5 months to deliver the vehicle from the date of order to your dealership.

Now- from our online AR friends: Your vehicle has been built and is in the process of being loaded onto a vessel to be shipped to the United States. A tentative ETA for arrival into the U.S. is 7/27 then your Giulia will be prepped and shipped to your dealership. Currently we do not have an ETA for when your vehicle should arrive at your dealership however feel free to reach back out in a week or so and I'd be happy to check again for you!
I've confirmed, from your vehicle's sales codes, that it will be equipped with Apple CarPlay. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered my car from Ganley Alfa in Bedford, Ohio on March 18, 2017....the car arrived on May 11, 2017. Paul Mezzacapo is the person to see for no stories ordering and delivery. I have 1,000 mile on the car now...NOT one issue. Not 1. Fabulous car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts