Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW has M parts and BMW Performance parts. Does Alfa have anything from the factory? I'm wondering because factory parts tend to be lease friendly. I'd love to get an upgraded exhaust, but I don't want to have to return the car back to normal at lease end or worry about warranty issues. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Exhaust systems from behind the "Cats" are no problem....Hope Alfa doesn't copy BMW the way they throw "M" badges on everything that moves....I'm waiting for the "Isetta M"....

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
BMW has M parts and BMW Performance parts. Does Alfa have anything from the factory? I'm wondering because factory parts tend to be lease friendly. I'd love to get an upgraded exhaust, but I don't want to have to return the car back to normal at lease end or worry about warranty issues. Thoughts?
Policy varies by dealer, but we've had some conversations regarding leasing and the general consensus was that if you keep the OEM exhaust you can turn the car in at the end of the lease without reinstalling it. The dealer would then have the choice to leave as-is or reinstall the factory system.

·
Registered
616 Posts
there was autodelta back in the day. it was the source of all of my hot rod 1750 and 2 liter goodies. hmmm....an original autodelta decal might need to find its way to a not to obvious location on my car!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm afraid to ask my dealer for fear of just getting the robotic corporate response. Which is just annoying.

I know what legal language is on the lease. I'm looking for the human response. Like, "Ya we know, but honestly as long as it looks nice and doesn't make the car sound like a teenager's Honda Civic, we're ok with it." Or, "If you allow us to do the install, you won't have a problem at the end of the lease." Or "No, the leasing company is very strict on this, we've checked and they take a hard stance." Even that would be more acceptable than, "The lease agreement states that you have to return the car in a condition within such and such parameters. I'd encourage you to review the agreement."

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Just me thinking out loud, but if I was leasing, I don't think I'd make any significant aftermarket capital investments....I'd save that for a car that I own.....Not judging...just sayin...

Reactions: Jason McInnis

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Just me thinking out loud, but if I was leasing, I don't think I'd make any significant aftermarket capital investments....I'd save that for a car that I own.....Not judging...just sayin...
Yeah but.. we can't wait.. 2 WHOLE YEARS... :grin2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand your position but legitimately the money into a exhaust system is always going to be lost money. Whether you own the car or not. You’ll almost never be able to get that back.

Also, that makes sense for people that keep cars for a very long time. Even if I owned the Alfa, I probably wouldn’t keep it for a long time. I think the longest I’ve owned any car was 4 years. So in my case your position would mean that I should just never buy an upgrade ever. And I typically don’t. But I feel the Alfa should sound better and I’d enjoy the car that much more for the 3 years I’ll have it. So better to buy it now within the first 6 months of ownership and get as much enjoyment as I can. See where I’m coming from?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Go ahead and buy an aftermarket rear spoiler and exhaust. If you mount the spoiler with no drilling, you can probably remove it later with ribbon dental floss and dish detergent, soapy water. You may have a few residual scratches but it will clean up well with a product like Goo Gone or Goof Off, and a plastic scraper like an old credit card. The sport fascia would be nice too.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I understand your position but legitimately the money into a exhaust system is always going to be lost money. Whether you own the car or not. You’ll almost never be able to get that back.

Also, that makes sense for people that keep cars for a very long time. Even if I owned the Alfa, I probably wouldn’t keep it for a long time. I think the longest I’ve owned any car was 4 years. So in my case your position would mean that I should just never buy an upgrade ever. And I typically don’t. But I feel the Alfa should sound better and I’d enjoy the car that much more for the 3 years I’ll have it. So better to buy it now within the first 6 months of ownership and get as much enjoyment as I can. See where I’m coming from?
Completely....and I get it.....but not so sure that all exhaust systems are lost money...Most upgraded systems are stainless (no rust concerns) and if exotic enough (ie TUBI) can elevate the value of your car....I'm much like you when it comes to ownership...don't want to own any new car out of warranty (too much technology)...but I'm not sure where I stand with my Quad....I've never been the first owner of any of the Alfas that I've owned and so far, I love this car so much, I think I will just pony up for the "extended warranty" when I'm near the end and keep her....but time will tell....

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
I agree that the duration for which you intend to keep the car affects how much and what kind of modifications are reasonable to consider. I intend to keep my vehicles until they die, so what I think is a reasonable expense is completely different than what someone who sells the vehicle barely after it is broken in considers to be reasonable.

One of the issues with short term ownership is that it takes a while before a wide range of after market parts will become available.
I'm still looking for stuff like:
Light weight brake rotors.
Pneumatic suspension.
Titanium exhaust.
xCU "tune" with traction control disable

1 - 12 of 12 Posts