Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I am moving from Ireland to the US in a couple of months and will be buying a Giulia on arrival. I have owned a lot of Alfas. My latest one was a 156 with a 3.0 v6 busso transplant with a lot of engine and chasis mods. The thing was a weapon.

I am looking to but a Vulcano black Giulia TI with the dark 19" sport wheels and a red interior. Hopefully I can locate the spec I want when I arrive. The lease offers aren't really great but I can't see myself in an S3.
:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome!...well that's a great welcome to the US! Wish I had done that ;)

What area are you moving to?

Doesn't compare to the S3.. made sure I tested that one myself

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

I am moving to Philadelphia. I will be based between there and NY for work. Mostly Philly though.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
cool, two great places! I have an office in NYC but love my 'little Britain' up in CT... got twisty roads here!

Keep us posted to your order

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome! That color combo is killer. The red sports seats are really sharp and just enough against the black and gray. If you see a Giulia brochure, Vulcano Black is the color of the cover. Turn it over to the back and you will see the Alfa Logo on a vulcano black field. Magnificent metallic and pearl highlights ;)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

Shouldn't be to hard to find what you're looking for.

Reactions: ahhere

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Welcome

Perfect timing with Alfa returning stateside....if they weren't back I'd have to sell you my 1991 164 S 0:)

Attachments

Reactions: ahhere

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope the job and the car hunt both go well. As you will have gathered the dealer can make a big difference to your experience. I had good luck with Doylestown Alfa Romeo you might want to give them a try because it sounds like they should be close to you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and to the US

I bought a very similar optioned Giulia. The Vulcano black with the red interior is a real neck breaker. Plus the black sparkles like crazy in the sunlight.

I think I have had over 20 people ask to sit inside the car, and it never fails to get a compliment about the red leather.

Good choice!

Attachments

Reactions: Bull

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Hi All. I am moving from Ireland to the US in a couple of months and will be buying a Giulia on arrival. I have owned a lot of Alfas. My latest one was a 156 with a 3.0 v6 busso transplant with a lot of engine and chasis mods. The thing was a weapon.

I am looking to but a Vulcano black Giulia TI with the dark 19" sport wheels and a red interior. Hopefully I can locate the spec I want when I arrive. The lease offers aren't really great but I can't see myself in an S3.
:smile2:
The Vulcano Black with red interior combo is very special for sure. As stated previously in this post, the paint glitters in the sunlight. One of the best metallic paints I have seen.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum, hope the job and the car hunt both go well. As you will have gathered the dealer can make a big difference to your experience. I had good luck with Doylestown Alfa Romeo you might want to give them a try because it sounds like they should be close to you.
Yeah that would be quite near to me. I will give them a call to see what they can do for me. May I ask if you leased from them or bought? I am in two minds.

Welcome to the forum, and to the US

I bought a very similar optioned Giulia. The Vulcano black with the red interior is a real neck breaker. Plus the black sparkles like crazy in the sunlight.

I think I have had over 20 people ask to sit inside the car, and it never fails to get a compliment about the red leather.

Good choice!
That's really nice!

The Vulcano Black with red interior combo is very special for sure. As stated previously in this post, the paint glitters in the sunlight. One of the best metallic paints I have seen.
This picture actually made up my mind. I was all for vesuvio grey, then I saw this. :smile2:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I leased but simply because there was an incentive program to lease at that point. I intend to buy my Giulia at the end of the lease, my original intention was to buy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I leased but simply because there was an incentive program to lease at that point. I intend to buy my Giulia at the end of the lease, my original intention was to buy.
My plan is to lease anyway. The lease price I was initially quoted on the phone was extortionate. An initial quotation of 6 - 700 pm was quoted by one dealer that I called. I couldn't justify that. I won't be over in the states until August so am hoping there are some better deals around that time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Alan. I can't PM you because my post count is too low. I would be really interested in hearing what figures you had for your lease with Doylestown. not sure if you can PM me or not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Alan. I can't reply but it appears that your situation is a bit different to mine. The initial figure they quoted me was far to high so I am waiting for a sales rep to get back to me with a renewed figure. I am also in contact with a couple of other dealers, hopefully one of those can come up with a better price. Fingers crossed. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts