·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
383 Posts
Why? Alfa isn't even in that segment of the market. The proper Audi competitor for Giulia is the RS4/5.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I am not actually clear about the so called competition against BMW, Mercedes and Audi. I think that Alfa Romeo will simply be a 35,000 cars/yr brand in North America while BMW (279K - 338K cars), Mercedes (325K - 357K cars) and Audi (186K - 224K cars) in North America are that that other, never reachable by Alfa Romeo, levels. So, I am not sure that "competition" is one of the Alfa Romeo's management targets but more importantly, sell the right cars and the right amount of cars to keep the brand exclusive and healthy. That may be also why we don't see the millions of dollars spent in marketing by Alfa Romeo, like those other 3 brands do.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why? Alfa isn't even in that segment of the market. The proper Audi competitor for Giulia is the RS4/5.
I think it reinforces the need for Alfa to fill the gap between Ti and QV.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,830 Posts
Ti Super. 390chp would suffice. IMO

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Ti Super. 390chp would suffice. IMO
should be good enough. 375+. But what happens when it’s not fast enough? If a M330 or s4 is still faster. That’s the downside. We are mostly in agreement that the tuned 2.0 are around 330chp. Add another 60chp and that’s about 45-48whp so it would be around 315-320 whp. Is that enough to hang wit an rs3 or M2? Definitely more than what they offer. If anyone is really listening they should do it in house. Alfa can tune the cars under warranty. Come out with larger turbo upgrade etc. the revenue stream and enthusiasm would skyrocket. Rentech . Dinan. Etc. Alfa tuning division- Sergio.
Home run

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,830 Posts
should be good enough. 375+. But what happens when it’s not fast enough? If a M330 or s4 is still faster. That’s the downside. We are mostly in agreement that the tuned 2.0 are around 330chp. Add another 60chp and that’s about 45-48whp so it would be around 315-320 whp. Is that enough to hang wit an rs3 or M2? Definitely more than what they offer. If anyone is really listening they should do it in house. Alfa can tune the cars under warranty. Come out with larger turbo upgrade etc. the revenue stream and enthusiasm would skyrocket. Rentech . Dinan. Etc. Alfa tuning division- Sergio.
Home run
But our cars handle way better and are sexier, so we win.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
400 HP is all FWD based Quattro with engine fully in front of front axle needs to break world record in understeer…..5 cylinder is sweet engine (from TTRS probably) but the rest is just meh….they will sell tons of them if Alfa responds or not lol…I drove Audis for 20 years and right now see nothing to make me come back…I was always more of a solution, not a feature&benefit kind a guy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Home run
I'm assuming you meant M340 and not a M330 Base Giulia is already faster by a fair amount then the 330i, now the m340 that thing is quite fast.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I'm assuming you meant M340 and not a M330 Base Giulia is already faster by a fair amount then the 330i, now the m340 that thing is quite fast.
you are correct. Fat fingers and laziness. Funny story when I went to get car tinted a guy was also getting his M240? Tinted in bay next to me and he was bragging about how fast it was etc. the shop guy asked him if it was faster than my QV and he replied “probably it’s hot an M2 engine” . I said I don’t think it works like that but I will bet your tint price on that car and all your cars you couldn’t beat me one time out of 3 runs. He replied “it does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds”. I said god bless.

·
Registered
186 Posts
you are correct. Fat fingers and laziness. Funny story when I went to get car tinted a guy was also getting his M240? Tinted in bay next to me and he was bragging about how fast it was etc. the shop guy asked him if it was faster than my QV and he replied “probably it’s hot an M2 engine” . I said I don’t think it works like that but I will bet your tint price on that car and all your cars you couldn’t beat me one time out of 3 runs. He replied “it does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds”. I said god bless.
Yea once they get into the mid 4s it's time to thrown in the towel. No way the Quad can touch that.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
51 Posts
Yea once they get into the mid 4s it's time to thrown in the towel. No way the Quad can touch that.
???

Quads are supposed to be in the 3.8-3.9 range. The M240 is in the low 4's. Everyone knows the Quad does not launch well. BMW's usually do, though that is not an M car. So assuming both cars are stock, I would say it would be close from a dig. Rolling race, the Quad should win no problem.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think it reinforces the need for Alfa to fill the gap between Ti and QV.
As much as the enthusiast in me wants that to happen, for long-term survival of the brand, the money is better spent targeting a mass market segment instead of a niche of a niche.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts