Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would say Force India is most improved considering points and so forth. Renault is a bit surprising as well.

If you're going by points, Sauber AR is right around Toro Rosso and only well clear of the corpse of Williams Racing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, probably most improved but still a ways to go to be 'best of the rest'. The future is bright though with the additional resources being put in the team. I also really hope LeClerc stays for another year of seasoning before the inevitable move to Ferrari.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are getting better, but if the have a drivers change, will that continue?
Leclerc has shown the true pace of the Sauber. That potential of pace will not change. They need to dump Ericson ASAP, as he has shown how poor he is compared to Leclerc. Marcus has been happy for a few years motoring around at the tail end of the pack and continues to do so.

Reactions: MINIME

·
Registered
241 Posts
Leclerc has shown the true pace of the Sauber. That potential of pace will not change. They need to dump Ericson ASAP, as he has shown how poor he is compared to Leclerc. Marcus has been happy for a few years motoring around at the tail end of the pack and continues to do so.
It would be interesting to find out what Leclerc is doing that Ericsson is not: braking later, taking a better line, getting on the power sooner, just driving smoother over all? With all the telemetry Sauber ought to know.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be interesting to find out what Leclerc is doing that Ericsson is not: braking later, taking a better line, getting on the power sooner, just driving smoother over all? With all the telemetry Sauber ought to know.
I am sure that he has been shown the data between the two drivers. He, just doesn't have the skill level that Leclerc does. We now know the full potential of the car and he is unable to unlock it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
True potential....LeClerc is fast and mature for his age but I wonder what would an old cat like Alonso do with Alfa considering what he is doing with that orange pig of a McLaren

Haas has theoretically same drivetrain as Sauber and is despite massive fcuk ups by GRO still faster

Me thinks it would be better for Charles’ career to stay one more year at Alfa or maybe jump to Haas and further prove himself

I know HAM did it well in best car, McLaren, from the start of his F1 career and LeClerc in many ways seems more composed and mature already....but it is a gamble to be measured against an old fast cat like Vettel so early...

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Haas team has a deal where they get more than just the drive train from Ferrari. They get other Ferrari proven parts like suspension pieces and others. If, Sauber is going to be the official Alfa Romeo team they need to get a sweet heart deal like Haas does from Ferrari. With Saubers proven history of engineering and those parts they well could be the best of the rest.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The potential of the car will not change. Leclerc has been able to show the true pace that the Sauber is capable of and that is inherent in it's design. They really need to dump Erickson, especially now that Leclerc has shown what the car is capable of.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The Haas team has a deal where they get more than just the drive train from Ferrari. They get other Ferrari proven parts like suspension pieces and others. If, Sauber is going to be the official Alfa Romeo team they need to get a sweet heart deal like Haas does from Ferrari. With Saubers proven history of engineering and those parts they well could be the best of the rest.
Yeah I heard about some suspension pieces....they are a bone of contention for some other teams because rules state each team has to build complete chassis....If haas them legaly Sauber should get them too...after all, Ferraris wear Quadrifoglio, some reciprocity would be nice/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

I also agree that alfa is not going to get much faster until new chassis is put together, maybe next year and maybe not even then

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Polo and T shirts can be had at saubers website.....they dont look like much though:(

https://shop.sauberf1team.com/en/2018-season/team-poloshirt/
They won't be available until the end of the month. Waiting to buy a team polo shirt . :smile2: I have a collection of 1:18th scale formula one model cars. Waiting for someone to build the Alfa Sauber to add to my collection. I like the red and white team shirt. https://shop.sauberf1team.com/en/2018-season/replika-poloshirt/

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love this Sauber team. I hope we spend some money next year to keep Leclerq. Heck the Agneli's can spend $100MM to bring Ronaldo to Juventus can't we spend a little bit to keep Leclerq driving for Sauber. I was astonished when i saw what that kid makes. It's basically nothing compared to other drivers.

Ericsson as others have said is content to sit in the back of pack. He barely makes it out of Q1. If the cars are the same than its the driver. He has to go. We can bring up Calderon and let her sit at the back of the pack and get some experience if that were the case.

As far as Haas goes please leave Romain Gros "Crash" alone. He is my only form of entertainment in formula one this season. The guy is a racing menace out there and it's funny to watch him blame everyone else for his poor driving. My favorite so far was Azerbijan when he crashed under the safety car and blamed Leclerq who was nowhere near him.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Everybody is slamming Grosjean and for good cause. But, Maxcrash Verwreaking is right there with him this year and they hail him as the best thing to ever come along. I was at Indy for Vettels first F1 race when he subbed for the injured Kubica and he finished like 8th, I believe. I have been a fan ever since then. But, I am as equally happy to see Leclerc to finish in the points as I am with a Vettel win.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts