Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my jacket from Alfa USA shopping site. I thought you “guys” might want to get your wives a little something Alfa. I got the weather tec black jacket (sort of good for golfing too) and it looks very nice. It is actually a Cutter & Buck jacket with the AR logo. I will say I think it runs a bit small since a small fits but I typically wear and XS. If I was layering I would still be okay but i would recommend sizing up. I also got both hats but those came from the dealership and they were about 7 dollars cheaper and no shipping so I would get your dealers to order. It is a very tasteful AR jacket though.

Treat your wives or significant others to a little somehting AR. My husband said I got him the hat instead of being able to drive the QV. Hey, they are nice hats. Stop complaining.>:)

If anyone else has gotten any of the shirts or jackets let me know. I am not sure what size to get the guys version for my husband. (That way he has a hat and jacket just no QV)

I like the script front with the little quadrifoglio on the back. The other one with the AR logo on the front has an expandable elastic band in addition to the strap so it has probably a better manufacture

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Jacket looks very nice!
Has anyone come across the 2018 Scuderia Ferrari team shirts/jackets that have the Quadrifoglio symbol on the arm side? I see the drivers and teammates wearing these during the F1 races but i have not seen anything that you can actually buy online. I think it would be pretty cool to wear one of these shifts especially since the QV is powered by a Ferrari engine and mostly designed by them also, aerodynamics wise!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
This....
The Alfa merchandise that I REALLY want though:
https://official-goods.com/alfaromeo/ar203

Regarding the Biscione....IKEA sells something very similar but LARGE and
Toys R Us (obviously now defunct) sold a small red colored version....

But the best "toy" Biscione I ever saw was at a National Convention....there was a gentleman who would drive his 1900 Berlina (not model year, model designation) to every convention, no matter how far (I think he was a Michigan native but I could be mistaken) and he was a "craft hobbiest" with significant talent...So he had on his rear parcel shelf an articulating wooden biscione with a "swollen abdomen"....in addition to the biscione articulating it also opened in the midsection that was swollen....and what was in that swollen abdomen..?? Well, what else would you expect but a BMW 2002 !!! It was EPIC !

·
Registered
52 Posts
FYI I saw a F1 Alfa Romeo polo shirt on a website called Speedgear. It’s a nice looking shirt and I believe its $99.00. I was searching for Alfa Romeo apparel and it popped up! Might want to check it out!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I def. need to pick up the jacket soon. When I picked up the car the other week, I was able to pick up the clover leaf hat on the way out of the dealership. I like it since only an enthusiast would recognize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Here’s a pic of the shirt as well as two different team hats they have.
I have the cap, bought it in Italy in July. They had just started releasing the F1 Alfa gear then.
Wanted the shirt but they didn’t have my size:crying: too much burrata and cacio e Pepe pasta:grin2:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
the nice people at ARUSA gave me a gift certificate for merchandise because of the wait for delivery, which I thought was nice.
they even called to follow up, but I explained it would be silly to walk around in an AR shirt, because if anybody asked how I was liking it ....
but I was thinking I could get a bunch of these

https://www.shopalfaromeousa.com/product.asp?dept_id=482&pf_id=12DT7

and depending on how long my new car is in the shop, I might want to pick up one of these as it could compliment the glasses quite well

·
Registered
272 Posts
really like to find a model F1 car to put in my office that isn't like $200. I was surprised at how expensive those things are but i guess they are collectible. I saw the Giulia one but it comes in red and ble and my car is black.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here’s a pic of the shirt as well as two different team hats they have.

I bought the team shirt. It's pretty cool the Alfa Romeo is embroidered but the sponsor logos are mainly iron on. I sent it back form a larger size. They run small. Hopefully it gets here in time to wear at the US GP in October.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I def. need to pick up the jacket soon. When I picked up the car the other week, I was able to pick up the clover leaf hat on the way out of the dealership. I like it since only an enthusiast would recognize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jacket is very tasteful.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the nice people at ARUSA gave me a gift certificate for merchandise because of the wait for delivery, which I thought was nice.
they even called to follow up, but I explained it would be silly to walk around in an AR shirt, because if anybody asked how I was liking it ....
but I was thinking I could get a bunch of these

https://www.shopalfaromeousa.com/product.asp?dept_id=482&pf_id=12DT7

and depending on how long my new car is in the shop, I might want to pick up one of these as it could compliment the glasses quite well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65F6lRdUU_c

I was thinking maybe you could get the jacket for your wife not what else you could get. I have a closet full of jackets but this light jacket is very well done and is not tacky. She might like it. The only thing I would have like was it in Rosso Comp RED

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
they had a nice ladies quilted down vest that I almost bought her last Christmas, but when I went to order it they were out of her size.
lucky me, we were shopping shortly after and she was looking for a warm vest, and told the sales lady, "Anything but black." the only color the vest I was planning on came in.

at this point, I dunno, maybe if they had one with sequined warning lights, because that's her last (hopefully not lasting) impression of it.

hey while I was typing my SQ owners manual was delivered!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
they had a nice ladies quilted down vest that I almost bought her last Christmas, but when I went to order it they were out of her size.
lucky me, we were shopping shortly after and she was looking for a warm vest, and told the sales lady, "Anything but black." the only color the vest I was planning on came in.

at this point, I dunno, maybe if they had one with sequined warning lights, because that's her last (hopefully not lasting) impression of it.

hey while I was typing my SQ owners manual was delivered!

Hey the black wind breaker is nice. Nice for cool air and not gawdy. Hence sorry that is why I don't like the F1 stuff. I can wear this and it is just a nice badge. The vest is nice to. Get more use out of the wind breaker here. It is a stiffer material so it stands up nicely. Hopefully no more lights. Although that would be pretty cool. Have a jacket with all kinds of warnings and then the back says - YEP ITS AN ALFA

You gotta be kidding me. The Bozo's didn't have a manual in the glovebox? well why should that surprise me since we received Stelvio Matts and a 2018 Manual (2017 QV) and no tire kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts