Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got call from Alfa Birmingham alabama, alfa south atlanta, and maserati atlanta that ALFA notified them all at 10PM last night that
they are being trucked out of port. I believe NAFTA and Alfa inspected them and they are on the move...

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
2nd boat is what you are suggesting?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got call from Alfa Birmingham alabama, alfa south atlanta, and maserati atlanta that ALFA notified them all at 10PM last night that
they are being trucked out of port. I believe NAFTA and Alfa inspected them and they are on the move...
Very interesting, i have a deposit down on one from the Atlanta dealership and have not heard from them yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NO idea what boat... Just want the darn thing to arrive.
So you were told they are being released Wednesday?
Why isn't alfa going crazy marketing this car yet on tv or elsewhere?

Toto

·
Vendor
619 Posts
I think Alfa is going to debut the cars with a superbowl Ad, so i have heard.

·
Registered
418 Posts
NO idea what boat... Just want the darn thing to arrive.
So you were told they are being released Wednesday?
Why isn't alfa going crazy marketing this car yet on tv or elsewhere?

Toto
Advertising hits either Feb 8th or 10th. After which point it'll be full tilt. Btw lease information came out at some point yesterday or last night. I can't remember, but I think you mentioned wanting to lease at some point.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Advertising hits either Feb 8th or 10th. After which point it'll be full tilt. Btw lease information came out at some point yesterday or last night. I can't remember, but I think you mentioned wanting to lease at some point.
Will there be a lease option for the Quadrifoglio?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Danearfom

Thanks for all the updates...
I saw the leasing page. Not too excited about it.... $4299 down, and 10K a year.... Think they need a better offer to get americans (non alfa fans) interested in their cars... They are gorgeous on the exterior, now hopefully they will be reliable and if so i feel they can really take off!
Wonder what the ad during super bowl will be.... I"m gonna attach an Add i saw on ESPN the other day...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I have no idea when they left Baltimore, or when they will leave. But, the Quad made it to California a few weeks ago. The base and Ti arrived today. Specifically, Santa Monica, CA. I doubt if there's any rhyme or reason as to the order the dealers get their cars. The dealers don't have a timeline yet. The cars are just showing up unannounced, just like the early 4Cs did.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Danearfom

Thanks for all the updates...
I saw the leasing page. Not too excited about it.... $4299 down, and 10K a year.... Think they need a better offer to get americans (non alfa fans) interested in their cars... They are gorgeous on the exterior, now hopefully they will be reliable and if so i feel they can really take off!
Wonder what the ad during super bowl will be.... I"m gonna attach an Add i saw on ESPN the other day...
I was less than enthused, but they could've been worse. There are some alternate options via US Bank and Ally that I will look into as that info becomes available. Keep in mind that is a national program so taxes aren't shown as they vary from state to state, to get to that payment it's $4,299 plus TT&L down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just like with most shipments from a single port (on each coast), they should just radiate out gradually. Dealers close to port get them first, dealers farther out get them later. Just based on cars we've had come from Baltimore in the past in a single batch, my guess is around 2-3 weeks for them to all be delivered, but it could be longer depending on how many. Future shipments go to multiple ports so that they'll be delivered faster. We have some number of Giulia and Giulia Tis coming next month that are arriving into a port in Florida instead of Baltimore. At the rate they're building and shipping them, I think once this last little wait is over, they'll be pretty readily available. I'm sure most dealers like us have a pretty good number of incoming cars spoken for, but they're doing a good job of getting them built and onto boats.

As Dane said, dealers have some other options to look at and may have more by the time the cars actually make it all out there. There is a lot going on behind the scenes to make this all work well, so it's encouraging!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts