Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any sense of Alfa might be willing to offer some accessory -- say a wheel set -- at mfr cost for a case where virtually brand new car is in shop for several days (even if problem eventually gets addressed satisfactorily)? I wouldn't ask the dealer to take a hit. The dealer isn't at fault. Speaking for myself, such a gesture would turn me into an active "ambassador" for the brand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of a mfr providing extended warranty protection when an early major issue occurs. That's actually a good way to ease fears of "is this going to be the first of many problems." I am not part of the auto industry, but I would think a little something extra for the customer would really contribute to positive word of mouth. Alfa needs any word of mouth... positive is always better. In my case I would love to save a few hundred on another set of wheels (to do true summer and winter sets). Giving up the profit is all I ask (I would like to pay cost given I didn't expect to be dealing with service before my second tank of gas). To whom should I write a letter?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm not sure how saving a couple $$ on wheels is going to ease your fears. Sounds like you're already being well taken of by the dealership in getting your car sorta. I imagine your issue is also one of handful of issues with known fixes that have already been discussed at length on this forum.

I'd rather see Alfa spend their money on further beefing up quality assurance, expanding their dealership network, and new vehicle development / R&D, rather than giving out hand outs.

Just go buy an aftermarket set of wheels if you want to save some money.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,181 Posts
I have heard of a mfr providing extended warranty protection when an early major issue occurs. That's actually a good way to ease fears of "is this going to be the first of many problems." I am not part of the auto industry, but I would think a little something extra for the customer would really contribute to positive word of mouth. Alfa needs any word of mouth... positive is always better. In my case I would love to save a few hundred on another set of wheels (to do true summer and winter sets). Giving up the profit is all I ask (I would like to pay cost given I didn't expect to be dealing with service before my second tank of gas). To whom should I write a letter?
Toyota offered me an extended warranty to cover the leaking head gasket fault that their 1990s vintage V6 became famous for, but only 1 month after I paid someone else to fix it. The dealer wanted about as much as a new engine would cost to fix a head gasket. Maybe CYA to cover the potential that the block was ruined by the leak. No more Toyotas for me...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You make fair points, but I wouldn't call selling the wheels at cost a handout. Having new cars in service is not the norm. If this forum is any indication, the incidence is not insignificant. I also don't believe that people come here looking for a way to vent about their problems. It's not a forum of whiners. We love these cars and are willing to exercise a lot of patience.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess the only way to find out bellajulia is if you ask the dealer yourself. My situation isn't the same as I didn't ask the dealership if I could buy the rim, but when I first purchased my Giulia one of the rims had a scratch on it like someone had hit a curb. I alerted the dealership about it and they did get me a new one after 2 months of waiting. When I went to have it replaced I asked if I could have the damaged rim for a spare and they told me no because they had to return the damaged rim in order to be reimbursed for getting the new one. I had no problems with this because I knew that it would be a hit to them financial just like you would want to buy it at manufacture cost and not want a free or discounted set of rims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts