Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Great news today for Quadrifoglio owners, the new Remus exhaust is officially released.

Check out the video for a sound preview:

Alfa9 Supply is the USA Remus dealer and we will soon be releasing pricing and timing on the first sets to be available for the US market.

Here is the short rundown:
  • 11 hp gain, 4 ft/lb torque gain
  • 5mm larger tubing
  • Full stainless construction
  • Both axle-back & cat-back options
  • OEM vacuum controlled valves work with all modes
  • Optional Remus smart phone app controlled valves
  • Wide variety of exhaust tip styles in stainless and carbon

For anyone who is new to Remus, it's worth noting that they have the most advanced sound room in Europe, and they optimize their systems to be drone free. This is a really important feature for the Alfa Romeo Giulia sedans and ensures the best sound without a booming base effect or drone.

And, for the 2017 season Remus is building the exhausts for Mercedes DTM cars, allowing them to always be on the forefront in extracting power gains.

Remus produces OEM exhaust for BMW, Mercedes AMG, Porsche, Volkswagen, McLaren. Having that OEM experience and access to CAD files is crucial to Remus delivering a precision fitting bolt on system for the Alfa Romeo Giulia using the factory mounting points.

Alfa9 Supply is truly excited about bringing such a top level exhaust manufacturer to the Alfa Romeo community, we look forward to your questions and will update on this thread as we set final details and start stocking systems for the USA launch.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't wait to see pricing. Love the sound.
Thanks Mike!

We know the Euro pricing, and it ranges from 1723 Euros for the axle back with OEM vacuum controller — up to 2611 Euros for the full cat-back with the Remus computer controller.

So that will give you a ball park on pricing.

Remus USA and Alfa9 are currently discussing the best way to handle shipping and make it as economical as possible.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love it. Hope they come out w/ something for the non-QV.
Yes, forgot to mention this — the 2.0 turbo systems are in the works and we've already sent some feedback to Remus on what Giulia owners will be looking and listening for based on early customer feedback.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good to hear around $3k ballpark all in. Obviously the OEM vacuum controller opens and closes the valves the same as stock, but how does the Remus computer controller work? Is it completely manual control of the valves, or does it have options like leaving it in stock OEM valve setup? I'm sure it doesn't interfere with the computer system at all - ex. check engine light?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
This is good news Matt. I'm looking forward to the variety of aftermarket parts that will trickle in. Soon there will be a rather large selection.

I think for me and my Giulia Ti, I'd be most interested in a selectable exhaust volume. The DNA selector would work perfect.
Dynamic = LOUD
Natural = Quiet
Average = Quiet

I want some rumble and my wife wants quiet. The current stock quite is perfect for N & A modes, but I want some rumble when I'm in the canyons using Dynamic.

Reactions: mtb.ck

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Obviously the OEM vacuum controller opens and closes the valves the same as stock, but how does the Remus computer controller work? Is it completely manual control of the valves, or does it have options like leaving it in stock OEM valve setup? I'm sure it doesn't interfere with the computer system at all - ex. check engine light?
It's bi-modal.

1st setting is fully manual, where you select when and how much the valve will open.
2nd setting is fully automated, but you will pre-select where the valve opens based on engine engine speed, and then it works on it's own, holding your settings.

You can look at the generic app descriptions and screenshots here:

Android
iPhone

Yes, these have been in testing for months now to assure no check engine lights.

This is good news Matt. I'm looking forward to the variety of aftermarket parts that will trickle in. Soon there will be a rather large selection.

I think for me and my Giulia Ti, I'd be most interested in a selectable exhaust volume. The DNA selector would work perfect.
Dynamic = LOUD
Natural = Quiet
Average = Quiet

I want some rumble and my wife wants quiet. The current stock quite is perfect for N & A modes, but I want some rumble when I'm in the canyons using Dynamic.
Yes indeed, more options are coming to market now!

Thanks for the input on the selector for the Giulia Ti. See above for how it works on the Quad. I'm hoping Remus will confirm the tunable system for that car soon, I will update everyone here.

The standard exhaust note of the 2.0 T is definitely nice to have, but far too quiet for some tastes and for spirited driving.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Matt, sell the Bluetooth module separately? Compatible with the stock exhaust?

Thanks for supporting the community!

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Matt, sell the Bluetooth module separately? Compatible with the stock exhaust?

Thanks for supporting the community!

Hi, the bluetooth Sound Controller app is a free download and is designed to work only with the Remus electric exhaust valves.
The Sound Controller supersedes the Alfa OEM vacuum system when installed with the valved mufflers.

To retain the DNA selected system, the vacuum style Remus option should be selected, works as OEM but with Remus sound and increased flow.

If you are wanting to fab something up custom, you can buy the controller and pieces to plug into the OBD. Here's a link showing the pieces: http://www.remususa.com/remus-sound-controller-without-ec-homologation-10761.html To go with this you would also get one of the Remus Universal mufflers with included exhaust valve.
But with all the work done by Remus to optimize flow rates and sound, I'd say that's the long way around:smile2:

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE: the USA pricing is set.

AXLE-BACK, OEM Controlled Valves: $2067
AXLE-BACK, Remus Sound Controller Valves: $2586

CAT-BACK, OEM Controlled Valves: $2614
CAT-BACK, Remus Sound Controller Valves: $3133

These prices include the standard dual tip stainless tips. The CF tips are optional.

And here is the website link:
http://www.alfa9supply.com/new-giulia/lhdm4so3r24hhbwpzbqu3r0wonwzfk

I'll make another notice here when we have the Austrian production schedule in hand.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Nice!

Any word on the 2.0 version? (Ti & Base)

Reactions: Bull

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice!

Any word on the 2.0 version? (Ti & Base)
I can't disclose the pre-pricing numbers on the 2.0T version, and with R&D being in-progress they will shift a little,

BUT.... I do know the 2.0 turbo systems are going to be competitively priced and at a lower price point than the Quadrifoglio systems.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what's the weight savings if any compared to OEM please?
Good question, and I put this in to Remus Europe to let me know when they have the numbers. As of now the final weight is not available because they will go to a thinner wall tubing for the final production units. (In progress)

We do know that the Remus Quad system is engineered from the start to be lighter than OEM, all stainless and thinner wall tubing.

I will update here when we have the weights.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Big thanks to Giulia Forum member "Call me Al" for being our first customer on this system and installing the cat back OEM valves on his Quadrifoglio! He also got the optional Remus carbon fiber / Ti exhaust tips to complement the rear of the Giulia.

Here's the first video with sound just after install. Stay tuned as we'll be uploading more with the car under load and in different modes to expand the sound library for this exhaust. This video is a short clip in Race Mode only.

Needless to say we are very excited to get this going. This video confirms that the Remus Quad system delivers a crisp mechanical sound, that's both deep and louder than stock, without being booming or too muffled.

https://vimeo.com/233601225

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Technical note: The design of the Remus Giulia Quadrifoglio system has an "H" pattern center section that replaces the factory resonator in that location.
This is a common design in performance exhausts, it's there to balance pulses left and right, and it also helps to increase volume and slightly deepen the sound.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts