Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Colour?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
... you have all this extra production infrastructure of fuel that you don't need... ...
I don't think the oil companies are going to keep extra gasoline producing infrastructure around if there isn't the strong demand or a future for it. If anything, those refineries represent a huge liability and would be shut down pretty quick if they aren't making money. It's not a question of if gas prices go up, but how much.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
That's why I'm glad my giulia doesn't have that much tech. E.g., I don't need a digital cluster to fail on me, I love my analogue gauges
Oh it has a ton of tech under the hood. Think about the whole ABS/ brake by wire system controlled by a million sensors. It's annoying, kinda laggy and intrusive but I have to admit it saved me from rear ending someone a couple times I got distracted.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,263 Posts
Oh it has a ton of tech under the hood. Think about the whole ABS/ brake by wire system controlled by a million sensors. It's annoying, kinda laggy and intrusive but I have to admit it saved me from rear ending someone a couple times I got distracted.
You're right, I should clarify, LESS tech than others

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
EV are not even close to becoming mainstream. We can’t even fix bridges and roads let alone put out trillions in infrastructure to make EVs mainstream. Where do you charge the car when you live in the city without deeded parking? Imagine every major city trying to make an electrical charging network to support even 25% of all vehicles being electric. Just not happening anytime soon. Now in middle America where everyone has a driveway it’s possible. They can’t even have city wide WiFi let alone cahrbung stations replacing every parking meter.

Quick question that I honestly don’t know the answer to, when the EV car dies and is out of power can it be charged on site or does it have to be towed? Is there a mobile charging device? That would a game changer. Can the car be moved without power. Put in neutral? Can you imagine when a car loses power In rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Giulia Ti Sport Q4
231 Posts
EV are not even close to becoming mainstream. We can’t even fix bridges and roads let alone put out trillions in infrastructure to make EVs mainstream. Where do you charge the car when you live in the city without deeded parking? Imagine every major city trying to make an electrical charging network to support even 25% of all vehicles being electric. Just not happening anytime soon. Now in middle America where everyone has a driveway it’s possible. They can’t even have city wide WiFi let alone cahrbung stations replacing every parking meter.

Quick question that I honestly don’t know the answer to, when the EV car dies and is out of power can it be charged on site or does it have to be towed? Is there a mobile charging device? That would a game changer. Can the car be moved without power. Put in neutral? Can you imagine when a car loses power In rush hour traffic.
I would imagine a giant generator on a diesel flatbed would do it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Maybe an EV can be jump started?

(I’m joking 🙃)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would imagine a giant generator on a diesel flatbed would do it.
Just in case you were not kidding.... it really will not unless you had some kind of power stabilizing battery bank to fill up before you fed the power into the car. Generators are terrible for electronics as their voltage is not steady at all and can swing wildly.

Most likely just tow the thing out of the way lol

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Giulia Ti Sport Q4
231 Posts
Just in case you were not kidding.... it really will not unless you had some kind of power stabilizing battery bank to fill up before you fed the power into the car. Generators are terrible for electronics as their voltage is not steady at all and can swing wildly.

Most likely just tow the thing out of the way lol
I was being ironic, a diesel truck burning fuel to bring a diesel generator to burn fuel to charge a “green” EV is a hilarious image in my mind.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
692 Posts
I found this, for what it's worth. It looks like the GTAs (65s - 75s) are being sold between $200K and $300K. In any case, you're buying one exclusive, collectible car and if history repeats, you aren't going to lose any money in 30 years from now. I'm unclear of the effects of the electric cars in the ICE cars market in 30 years from now, something that today, isn't affecting the 65s - 75s GTAs. Congratulations on your purchase, you're one of five hundred in the whole planet. Nice

View attachment 109813
Yeah, but those values are also tied to the history of the GTA, specifically their racing history. The new GTA needs to do the same to expect them to have similar price trajectory IMO.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts