Colour?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Nathan from Australia.

I've received confirmation of a placement for a Giulia GTAm end of 2021.

What do we all think of future value? It's costing more than DOUBLE the cost of a fully spec'd brand new QV here in Australia. Obviously it's an amazing and special car, hence why I've ordered one.

I'm buying it to keep, but, it's always good to know where my money's going haha and if it's a total wash away of money.

Do we all think it'll appreciate or depreciate?

My thinking for why it'll go up in value:

1. One of 500 (scarcity and numbered)
  2. We're living in an age of transition from crazy petrol bonkers sports cars to electric "sports cars"
  3. The history of the GTA and GTAm badges
  4. Just look at it!

On the other hand - it's the same cost here as a 1 year old Lamborghini Hurrican, AMG GTR and Porsche 911 S o_O

But of course, none of those are remotely close to being as special as a QV.

Also, I've tried finding some data on previous or current sales prices for 1969/71 GTAms - but can't find any!

Any comments are appreciated:)

ALSO - What colour would ya'll go for???

• Red
  • Green
  • White

Much love !

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Cars in general are a terrible investment so it most likely isn’t going to be worth millions anytime soon. I would suspect maybe 25 years from now when Alfa is all electric it may be worth more than you paid. But imagine saving something for 25 years to make less on it than if you invested that initial 250k in a real account. Idk. I think Alfa missed the boat on this by about 3 years. Of course if it runs a 7:10 around the ring then maybe it’s buzz is back. Under powered compared to everything in its price range. Not to mention they wait to release it around the same time as the MC20. Just seems like it was never really planned and just thrown together to stay relevant. Four doors but two seats lol. Beautiful car though.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,263 Posts
White with red calipers and red interior stitch. I wish Alfa offered green calipers with white lettering.

I love qv, but I think I'd have a huracan if I could over a gtam.

I like the idea of the gta because actually a 5 seater; but the gtam to me seems a waste with the rear seat delete.

That said, I'd gladly have one 😁

If the gta would have been a zcp, it would have been the same price as the new g80, but it would smoke it, and then once again alfa is far in the lead

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
828 Posts
Congrats!

I vote red....assuming you want it be as fast as possible ;).

Out of curiosity, if you dont mind me asking, whats the base price in Oz?

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cars in general are a terrible investment so it most likely isn’t going to be worth millions anytime soon. I would suspect maybe 25 years from now when Alfa is all electric it may be worth more than you paid. But imagine saving something for 25 years to make less on it than if you invested that initial 250k in a real account. Idk. I think Alfa missed the boat on this by about 3 years. Of course if it runs a 7:10 around the ring then maybe it’s buzz is back. Under powered compared to everything in its price range. Not to mention they wait to release it around the same time as the MC20. Just seems like it was never really planned and just thrown together to stay relevant. Four doors but two seats lol. Beautiful car though.

Yep makes sense. I'm not looking at it as an investment, more so as a car I plan to keep forever as I feel it's just so special. I would even go as far as saying it's more special than the 8C.

It is a bit strange how they haven't let any journalists drive it before offering it for sale...as well as not releasing Ring times.

Congrats!

I vote red....assuming you want it be as fast as possible ;).

Out of curiosity, if you dont mind me asking, whats the base price in Oz?

Cheers
Thanke so much! Aussie base price is $306K AUD on road...steep! But it's been confirmed there are only 18 GTA/m cars coming to Australia. 15 of the 18 are GTAms and 3 are GTAs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
White with red calipers and red interior stitch. I wish Alfa offered green calipers with white lettering.

I love qv, but I think I'd have a huracan if I could over a gtam.

I like the idea of the gta because actually a 5 seater; but the gtam to me seems a waste with the rear seat delete.

That said, I'd gladly have one 😁

If the gta would have been a zcp, it would have been the same price as the new g80, but it would smoke it, and then once again alfa is far in the lead

White with red sounds delicious !

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
828 Posts
Just to make your decision a lot simpler;).... if i remember correctly, you could customize the livery as well?

The possibilities seem endless...

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted!

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to make your decision a lot simpler;).... if i remember correctly, you could customize the livery as well?

The possibilities seem endless...

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted!

Cheers
Ohhhh so many decisions!

I'm thinking:

- Red

- Yellow Calipers

- White Alfa Snake on the roof (if that's available!)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Ohhhh so many decisions!

I'm thinking:

- Red

- Yellow Calipers

- White Alfa Snake on the roof (if that's available!)
What interior color?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
No options with interior... all the same with minor options like seatbelt colour
I thought you can choose the stitching and seat belt color

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow so jealous that you actually have an opportunity to buy one there! Here in Canada all the hot car such as the GTAm and even the GR Yaris gets missed, even in the US, damn the strict standards!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
  1. One of 500 (scarcity and numbered)
  2. We're living in an age of transition from crazy petrol bonkers sports cars to electric "sports cars"
  3. The history of the GTA and GTAm badges
  4. Just look at it!

On the other hand - it's the same cost here as a 1 year old Lamborghini Hurrican, AMG GTR and Porsche 911 S o_O
1) IMO 500 is not exactly 'scarce'. 5 - yes, 50 - kind of. 500 - ?
2) If things 'go as planned' in extincting the internal combustion engine - the fuel the car requires may be difficult to find or at least very expensive. And 25+ years from now all it will take to turn a once beautiful 2021 car into a beautiful 2046 door stop is one of those black boxes giving up the ghost. I can't even get parts for a 10 year old appliance, who is going to be making all the various electronics for these things once the platform has been out of production 20/30/40 years? I'm not even going to mention trying to get anything 'specific' to just those 500 cars.
3) As you know, the value of something is based on how much someone else wants to pay for it - and generally speaking - the wider the audience/appeal the more the odds are the item will appreciate in value. 25 years from now, or even tomorrow, a heck of a lot more people will know what a Lamborghini, AMG, or Porsche is vs. an Alfa Romeo. This gets back to point #1. If there were 5 or 50 examples, better odds that there are that many Alfisti salivating for one of these. 500?
4) Yup.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, if you have the funds then go for it. You only live once, just don't bank on this car funding your retirement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2) If things 'go as planned' in extincting the internal combustion engine - the fuel the car requires may be difficult to find or at least very expensive. And 25+ years from now all it will take to turn a once beautiful 2021 car into a beautiful 2046 door stop is one of those black boxes giving up the ghost. I can't even get parts for a 10 year old appliance, who is going to be making all the various electronics for these things once the platform has been out of production 20/30/40 years? I'm not even going to mention trying to get anything 'specific' to just those 500 cars.
3) As you know, the value of something is based on how much someone else wants to pay for it - and generally speaking - the wider the audience/appeal the more the odds are the item will appreciate in value. 25 years from now, or even tomorrow, a heck of a lot more people will know what a Lamborghini, AMG, or Porsche is vs. an Alfa Romeo. This gets back to point #1. If there were 5 or 50 examples, better odds that there are that many Alfisti salivating for one of these. 500?
4) Yup.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, if you have the funds then go for it. You only live once, just don't bank on this car funding your retirement.
Thanks for your reply, love the honesty!

I'm not looking at it as an investment at all. I don't intend on ever selling it. I just want to get a guage as a point of interest and to not feel so bad pissing away 300K 🤣

What I will say though is this:

- I think 500 is very limited globally. The 8C is considered rare and there are 1000 of them.

- I'm not worried re parts etc, 99.99% of the world runs on petrol/diesel now so the afterparts market will be around for a long while.

- most importantly, I would argue that Alfa Romeo has a much richer history than any other marque and I think Alfa enthusiasts are amongst (if not the) most passionate car nuts on earth. What other brand commands so many die hard loyal followers?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I found this, for what it's worth. It looks like the GTAs (65s - 75s) are being sold between $200K and $300K. In any case, you're buying one exclusive, collectible car and if history repeats, you aren't going to lose any money in 30 years from now. I'm unclear of the effects of the electric cars in the ICE cars market in 30 years from now, something that today, isn't affecting the 65s - 75s GTAs. Congratulations on your purchase, you're one of five hundred in the whole planet. Nice

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
4) Yup.

I don't think fuel will be expensive. Many cars will shift to electric and now you have all this extra production infrastructure of fuel that you don't need... it might be cheaper than today.
On the other hand, electronic parts dying is a concern, but I think there will be independent shops supporting it. The electronics are not specific to the Giulia but very common across the luxury car market.
Regarding the price, yes most cars are a terrible investment, but some can appreciate nicely, especially the rare ones. 500 is definitely rare, plus the death of combustion engine and all.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I don't think fuel will be expensive. Many cars will shift to electric and now you have all this extra production infrastructure of fuel that you don't need... it might be cheaper than today.
On the other hand, electronic parts dying is a concern, but I think there will be independent shops supporting it. The electronics are not specific to the Giulia but very common across the luxury car market.
Regarding the price, yes most cars are a terrible investment, but some can appreciate nicely, especially the rare ones. 500 is definitely rare, plus the death of combustion engine and all.
That's why I'm glad my giulia doesn't have that much tech. E.g., I don't need a digital cluster to fail on me, I love my analogue gauges

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don’t think cars going to electric will make gas cheaper. I feel Biden will tax the gas users until we get with the program and go green. I believe gas prices will continue to rise Hope not of course but just my non professional opinion

·
Registered
561 Posts
I don’t think cars going to electric will make gas cheaper. I feel Biden will tax the gas users until we get with the program and go green. I believe gas prices will continue to rise Hope not of course but just my non professional opinion
to be fair, Biden won’t be around when the inevitable shift to EV occurs. If this is the liberal policy, ev will be so expensive. To add additional tax to ICEs would be an additional tax on the lower middle class. Can’t have that! Our infrastructure for ICE is already there. And despite target dates put out into the world by manufacturers, I sincerely doubt they’ll hit their target dates. In fact, I’d expect them to be off by a magnitude of a generation. It’s coming, but it’s not going to be a shift to more ev than ice any time soon.

100% my opinion. No talking points from my rant are based on actual facts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts