Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the heels of our mention of the Remus Giulia Quadrifoglio system release over at Alfa9 Supply we have had lots of questions about the upcoming Giulia 2.0T system.

And, REMUS has asked that we get some feedback while they are still in development.
It's a nice opportunity to have a say in what comes to market, and the USA is going to be the leader here,
as sales for USA Ti's and Base models are strong.

The general outline from Remus is:
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0T Veloce sport exhaust system:
-Rear sport exhaust system
-Resonated front cat-back section
-Non-resonated front section

So, with that in mind, what's most important to you?

As-in:

Loud sound vs. quiet. How loud?

How important is the ability to add a sound controller option? (The sound controller option increases cost by $520)

Performance vs. Sound. Is a power increase the main goal, or more important to get a sporty / tuned sound?

Looking forward to your responses!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
for me the DNA or at least D and N where D would be loud as heck, fully open and N/A would be "I have a headache today tread carefully" would be essential. I'd pay more for that

The exhaust sounds great, i'll definitely consider it for a future purchase - would like to hear it on a Ti/Q

·
Registered
226 Posts
for me the DNA or at least D and N where D would be loud as heck, fully open and N/A would be "I have a headache today tread carefully) would be essential. I'd pay more for that

The exhaust sounds great, i'll definitely consider it for a future purchase - would like to hear it on a Ti/Q
+1 on sound loud as heck (a must have)... Performance a nice to have.. Sound controller - don't need it and would rather save the $520..

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
Louder when in D, please, but please don't make the Giulia a "fart car".

·
Registered
332 Posts
Priority 1: no drone
Priority 2: sexy sounds in 'N' and 'D' modes. Surely Italian loud without being farty or ricer.
Priority 3: 'A' mode is calm and soothing, unadulterated as always keeping your sedan still family/children friendly.
Priority 4: ability to control the sound might be of great value to the user @500 or less added cost imo. This should not an escape from drone however.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,727 Posts
Looking for power and fuel economy. More sound in the cabin (windows up) is a minus to me, especially at constant highway speed. If valving is needed to get there, then so be it.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Veloce is the European counterpart to the American Ti, not an exact match, but close enough. Veloce is Italian for velocity which has something to do with measuring air speed. I'm sure someone will correct me on that :)

My sentiment on the Giulia 2.0 gasoline exhaust. Now that we've had our Ti a few weeks (450 miles) and used her in a variety of ways....

- DNA selects exhaust sound level.
- D is loud, no muffler, no resonator. Just a straight pipe. It should sound a lot like the Abarth and 4C.
- N & A are whisper quite, just about how OEM is now. Absolutely not louder than current stock.

My basic goal is to upgrade the exhaust, intake & ECU in hopes of 350 hp. Time will tell how realistic/unrealistic that is. Perhaps a high flow CAT will be needed.

I live in a state (California) where cars get sniffed every two years and I'm not willing to change my hardware every two years. Whatever I do, it will have to pass smog as is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As many have mentioned already..

Loud and aggressive in D mode.
Quiet in N and/or A.
The larger the difference in exhaust note, the better.

Appearance wise I'd prefer it to stand out as an aftermarket mod. Doesn't seem like much room to work with because of the bumper? I like the Remus exhaust for the QV.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As above. In D much louder, N loud but not as much as in D, A not louder than the stock. I like the comment that it should sound like 4C. Increasing the performance would be nice as well. Sound controller not needed.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
As above. In D much louder, N loud but not as much as in D, A not louder than the stock. I like the comment that it should sound like 4C. Increasing the performance would be nice as well. Sound controller not needed.
Sounding like the 4C or Abarth will be easy. Just remove the muffler and resonator. All three cars are small displacement, four cylinder, turbo charged with catalytic converter.

The 4C vents the waste-gate and/or blow off valve so we can hear it, the Abarth and Giulia do not. Hearing the turbo farts will require more than just a cat-back. For me, the turbo farts would also have to be controlled with the DNA switch. But, I could live without them in the Giulia.

4C and tunnel equal :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Sounding like the 4C or Abarth will be easy. Just remove the muffler and resonator. All three cars are small displacement, four cylinder, turbo charged with catalytic converter.

The 4C vents the waste-gate and/or blow off valve so we can hear it, the Abarth and Giulia do not. Hearing the turbo farts will require more than just a cat-back. For me, the turbo farts would also have to be controlled with the DNA switch. But, I could live without them in the Giulia.
What exhaust do you have on the 4C? IMO, sport-tuned would be hard to live with on the Giulia 24/7. Paying $3,000 for the Akrapovic system (or an equivalent), however, would be equally unattractive.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
What exhaust do you have on the 4C? IMO, sport-tuned would be hard to live with on the Giulia 24/7. Paying $3,000 for the Akrapovic system (or an equivalent), however, would be equally unattractive.
I have the racing exhaust (sport tuned) on my 4C. Like the Abarth, there is no muffler and no resonator, just a straight pipe. I owned an Abarth prior to getting the 4C. It's not as loud as one might expect. The turbo and the CAT both absorb a lot of sound. As well insulated as the Giulia is, I suspect it will still be somewhat quite in the cabin. The exhaust note will be louder outside the car.

I drive my 4C daily. I have 27,000 miles on her. We've taken several long trips in it. The longest was 4,000 miles in three weeks to Seattle and back (Los Angeles). Everybody has their own version of what is good or bad (like /dislike) and we like the 4C and all of her personality.

Giulia has a much different personality. We like her, and her personality, very much.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Agree with all the above comments - want a the playfully aggressive note of the Abarth 500 - I hear that a straight pipe will do that nicely - but I'd PAY for the ability to keep things quiet as I leave for work at 6 am or am on a long commute. Not sure that you can be quite so integrated with this install as to have the DNA selector implement things, but a simple on/off switch would suit me fine! Regarding performance - I am not sure that I would expect much - more for the sound which does a lot for perceived performance in my book. If you can NOT screw up emission or economy that would be good. If you COULD make her more powerful go for it...

Thanks for all taking this on...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Agree with all the above comments - want a the playfully aggressive note of the Abarth 500 - I hear that a straight pipe will do that nicely - but I'd PAY for the ability to keep things quiet as I leave for work at 6 am or am on a long commute. Not sure that you can be quite so integrated with this install as to have the DNA selector implement things, but a simple on/off switch would suit me fine! Regarding performance - I am not sure that I would expect much - more for the sound which does a lot for perceived performance in my book. If you can NOT screw up emission or economy that would be good. If you COULD make her more powerful go for it...

Thanks for all taking this on...
I think performance is a very viable option.
Cant remember which brand it was that I saw for the Giulia but they got a 13hp bump.

·
Registered
157 Posts
On the heels of our mention of the Remus Giulia Quadrifoglio system release over at Alfa9 Supply we have had lots of questions about the upcoming Giulia 2.0T system.

And, REMUS has asked that we get some feedback while they are still in development.
It's a nice opportunity to have a say in what comes to market, and the USA is going to be the leader here,
as sales for USA Ti's and Base models are strong.

The general outline from Remus is:
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0T Veloce sport exhaust system:
-Rear sport exhaust system
-Resonated front cat-back section
-Non-resonated front section

So, with that in mind, what's most important to you?

As-in:

Loud sound vs. quiet. How loud?

How important is the ability to add a sound controller option? (The sound controller option increases cost by $520)

Performance vs. Sound. Is a power increase the main goal, or more important to get a sporty / tuned sound?

Looking forward to your responses!
1. Loud in D mode but not fart cannony
2. California emissions ready (don't want to swap out parts for smog checks or destroy the planet for a better exhaust note).

1 - 20 of 85 Posts