Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thank you all for keeping politics out of this. Like in a American football game when the retaliating party gets a penalty but not the instigator, I get 'called out' for a political reply to a political statement on this forum, but the person that started it gets a pass. Go figure

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
On a positive note the worlds environment should improve from the massive shutdowns. Less pollution from cars and electricity even for a month or so has to have some benefits.
Hence the conspiracy theory (that's not political, is it?) about the virus being weaponized and deployed by radical environmentalists.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hence the conspiracy theory (that's not political, is it?) about the virus being weaponized and deployed by radical environmentalists.
I haven’t heard of it. I don’t watch TV except sports and gold rush lol. But I would think most environmentalists would not have the balls to try and kill this many people.
But less trains, planes, stadiums, restaurants, bars etc has to be helping earth somehow. Except trees cut down for toilet paper...

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I haven’t heard of it. I don’t watch TV except sports and gold rush lol. But I would think most environmentalists would not have the balls to try and kill this many people.
But less trains, planes, stadiums, restaurants, bars etc has to be helping earth somehow. Except trees cut down for toilet paper...
Toilet paper made from recycled paper is readily available.
I hear the waters in Venice are clear now.
I saw video of fish, fish!, swimming in one of the canals.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I hear the waters in Venice are clear now.
That’s true but the water is not any cleaner. It’s just that sediment has settled down to the bottom without boat traffic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
here we are a week later....anyone here dead yet?
About 1,000 people in the US have succumbed to Covid 19 infection. Many thousands dead in Italy where our cars come from. Don't be flippant about this

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how when people run out of intelligent things to say they resort to insults ... it says way more about them then it does anything else.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It amazes me that some members have the attitude: "if it is not happening to ME, it is not happening"
Let's bring up deaths by drunk drivers, how about Cancer? Malaria? Influenza? Old age?
I am young, I am invincible, who cares?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Calling somebody special is an insult?

It never ceases to amaze me how when people run out of intelligent things to say they resort to insults ... it says way more about them then it does anything else.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It amazes me that some members have the attitude: "if it is not happening to ME, it is not happening"
Let's bring up deaths by drunk drivers, how about Cancer? Malaria? Influenza? Old age?
I am young, I am invincible, who cares?
I never once said it wasn't happening so if you're going to engage me in conversation at least get the facts right.... I did say it's being overblown and I still say that. I used the drunk driving number to put some perspective to it... those numbers are accurate you can check them yourself...yet no one blinks an eye....but for this virus we just about shut down the whole country ..why is that?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I never once said it wasn't happening so if you're going to engage me in conversation at least get the facts right.... I did say it's being overblown and I still say that. I used the drunk driving number to put some perspective to it... those numbers are accurate you can check them yourself...yet no one blinks an eye....but for this virus we just about shut down the whole country ..why is that?
You come across a bit self righteous. Why don’t you watch the news. It’s really obvious how big this problem is. Perhaps you’re just trolling. The US is now recording the highest number of cases in the world and it’s early days. You’re opinion is this is overblown. Nah, you sir are trolling and fishing for an argument as nodody can truly believe that.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You come across a bit self righteous. Why don’t you watch the news. It’s really obvious how big this problem is. Perhaps you’re just trolling. The US is now recording the highest number of cases in the world and it’s early days. You’re opinion is this is overblown. Nah, you sir are trolling and fishing for an argument as nodody can truly believe that.
Not trolling at all... and the number of cases is meaningless ..the number of deaths is the only number that matters.... and that number is still quite low.
And FWIW I believe that China is way under-reporting their numbers.... I wouldn't believe a single thing they said.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can’t deny what scientists tell us over how this spreads. There are too many not taking this serious enough (not judging you on that) and it isn’t just a case of looking at the death count. Anyway, it’s late here I’m off to bed and hope the US citizens do their bit.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
In a country that was founded by men who would rather die on their feet than live on their knees it’s hard for most to give up the liberty that makes this country what it is. At some point you either get busy living or get busy dying. You can’t criticize someone for not being paranoid about a virus. Same for people who don’t walk around scared to get carjacked, raped, struck by lightning etc. each individual is free to think anyway they want and it’s not up to any one individual to keep another healthy. Especially when most don’t keep themselves healthy. Maybe that’s I’ll change now. Maybe people will value fitness and health more than Starbucks and Panera. Healthcare wouldn’t be so overwhelmed if people took care of themselves instead of relying on others to take care of them.
9/10 men don’t wash hands after using the bathroom. Odds are 9/10 on this this forum know what they do after they piss. Just walk right out then shake hands, grab doors. Nasty. Ok it’s an Alfa forum Not a “mustang” so maybe 7/10 don’t wash.

141 - 160 of 224 Posts