Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
My son (a college senior) returned home today, after evacuating his university. Classes for the rest of the semester will be taught online (something not all professors have experience doing). No word yet on whether graduation will be held. Adding a Giulia element, in about a half-dozen visits there, my car attracted next-to-no attention.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm out. I thought we were all here to talk Giulias, apparently we're more interested in second guessing our medical community.
Yeah the same medical community that had everybody give up butter for margarine.... only to find out that margarine was worse for you than butter.....yeah feel free to follow them off a cliff.... some of us can think for ourselves

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Fiat Chrysler said it was suspending production at most of its European plants until March 27.

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
@JeFizz, @EricVonHa, @FNM, what are you guys doing?. Are you guys in quarantine somewhere with no access to internet and to the Forum which you are supposed to be Super Moderators?. There is here even one guy that he thinks he is God.
Yes, I was on vacation. Based on the subject of this topic... have at it! I have seen nothing too out of control here.

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
Ah. OK. Then let's wait the "nothing too out of control" becomes "something totally out of control".
I'm not here to police every dumb ass conversation, I'm only here to lay the smack down when shit gets a bit too spicy. :D

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Ah. OK. Then let's wait the "nothing too out of control" becomes "something totally out of control".
Its not a moderator's job to moderate content that some members may not like. Thats called censorship..Its their job to moderate abusive or spam related content....my advice to anyone who has issue with that would be to not participate in the conversation if not mature enough to handle opposing views.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'm not here to police every dumb ass conversation, I'm only here to lay the smack down when shit gets a bit too spicy. :D
Right, you can’t shut this down — the CDC would lose a very valuable source of critical information 🙄

·
Registered
251 Posts
The draconian responses to Covid-19 may have worked in China and S.Korea so far and hopefully will work in the US, bringing back some normality to daily life sooner than otherwise. But whenever drastic measures are deployed rapidly in anything, unintended consequences will occur to the long term detriment of society. In this case the destruction of sectors of the economy, like small businesses and independent contractors, decimation of savings for seniors and sick people, lack of food for poor schoolchildren who rely on school lunches for nutrition and discrimination against people who appear to be sick are a real possibility. This could be far worse in the long term than a few thousand deaths and an unpleasant illness for most infected people. Something to think about.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
This could be far worse in the long term than a few thousand deaths and an unpleasant illness for most infected people. Something to think about.
sounds great in theory until it’s your parent, spouse or child.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I thought he might be expressing his willingness to sacrifice himself for the rest of us. :unsure:

·
Registered
251 Posts
In iItalian, que sera sera.
For those who make the argument about it being their own family, that's the kind of selfish self interest that mitigates against any other prudent action. How about if your own relatives were left penniless and evicted because they had to use their savings to try and survive the forced staying at home without an income. It cuts both ways, for all you judgmental experts. The point is, someone is going to suffer. Figuring out the best way to go with the least adverse consequences, is the hard part

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
In iItalian, que sera sera.
For those who make the argument about it being their own family, that's the kind of selfish self interest that mitigates against any other prudent action. How about if your own relatives were left penniless and evicted because they had to use their savings to try and survive the forced staying at home without an income. It cuts both ways, for all you judgmental experts. The point is, someone is going to suffer. Figuring out the best way to go with the least adverse consequences, is the hard part
Idiot.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
unfortunately that has become the cold hard truth in Italy right now. it is combat triage, where the Doctors have to make an assessment on whether or not the ventilators & other limited equipment should be used on some people who really have a slim chance of survival to begin with. There is an Italian Doctor in Torino who was interviewed in between shifts, I think it was Sky News.

101 - 120 of 226 Posts