Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I'm not the first to ask; and I'll certainly not be the last...When will European Delivery of US spec Alfas be available?? Bought my last new car that way (MB) and it was a blast! Visited ALFA museum, Ferrari, Benz and toured Europe. Want to do it in a Giulia!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just wanted to bump this thread.

A friend of mine bought his M3 through European Delivery & loved it!

Hoping maybe I'd be able to at least consider the option with a QV when my time comes...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If you choose to do it with Volvo, they will include it in the price of the car which is a really nice treat I have found at my local dealer. I too would be interested, but obviously I already have the car ... Maybe another, someday

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
after stopping at the dealer yesterday about the stelvio quad, my wife was asking why I don't just go to Italy and get one.
I wouldn't advise it... Italian sales tax is 22%, then you add currency conversion and import fees... it's going to be expensive.

For example the Giulia Veloce (our Ti Q4) starts at 51k euros VAT included. That is a whopping 62k dollars.. while the Q4 here starts at 43k + tax

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Glad to see that the TC worked well and saved him.......>:)

As far as european delivery, I would much rather do an Alfa driving school (in a QV) at Balocco (AR and FCA test track)...... now that would be an unforgettable experience!:smile2:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
we could wish that euro delivery included a balocco excursion - but I'd be settle for prompter US deliveries.
re the Stevio Q, by the time it shows up they likely won't even be able to claim "fastest SUV", as one or more of those VW brands is surely planning an assault.
I'd be OK with bentley cashing in on Ettore Bugatti's description of them being the fastest trucks in the world.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
we could wish that euro delivery included a balocco excursion - but I'd be settle for prompter US deliveries.
re the Stevio Q, by the time it shows up they likely won't even be able to claim "fastest SUV", as one or more of those VW brands is surely planning an assault.
I'd be OK with bentley cashing in on Ettore Bugatti's description of them being the fastest trucks in the world.
You can always settle with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk......>:)
707 HP 0-60 3.5 sec plus you can shut the TC off!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
That thing is a beast, but is over $100k with any options at all.
Just built one for the heck of it $91K MSRP.
My '17 SRT I ordered at 1% below invoice and it took one month from ordering it to delivery.......

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"a beast'
I think it might remind me of the grand wagoneer I had for a while, just a bit on the heavy side.
stelvio Q and trackhawk can both turn TC off, but send "excess" power to the front. I've seen enough of the stelvio to figure it's pretty proper, and testers have said so. nothing I've read on the trackhawk really says much about how that functions; my guess is it's more front biased.

clearly better for towing than a stelvio, it can take a racecar, and I bet the hitch is actually available

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,776 Posts
"a beast'

clearly better for towing than a stelvio, it can take a racecar, and I bet the hitch is actually available
My favorite was the center exhaust, which of course presented towing challenges.

Reactions: lost1750GTV and Max

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
........ I've read on the trackhawk really says much about how that functions; my guess is it's more front biased.

The couple of times I tracked my (2012) Jeep SRT it was a blast.....

I am sure the trackhawk would be the same except more power due to the extra 232HP and thus faster on the straights......

And yes, it is my dedicated tow vehicle for my enclosed Trailex and racecar......:grin2:
https://vimeo.com/40382435

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
never underestimate HP...LOL
this is at NJMP...my friend is in the E60 M5....and a buddy he brought along is behind him in a Merc R63 Van..(wife's ride)
guy was at the time an accomplished PCA Club Racer in unlimited class...
everyone snickered when he showed up that day...by the end of the first session everyone was asking for ride-alongs>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
"one month from ordering"

and there were probably more options choices, so a more complex assembly process/buildsheet.

...but there is all that water to cross......:surprise:

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
"a blast"

I really like it when the rumble strips are center screen!

it does seem very biased to understeer though, like that big jeep I had.
Any AWD car will understeer more that a RWD one, including the Giulia and Stelvio.....:smile2:

BTW, the tire screeching is more 4 wheel drift that understeer.......;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.