Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for those of use that took a leap of faith and purchased Your Alfa Romeo Giulia in 2017 and 2018 up until June 30 were the test cases. Alfa Romeo announced surprising new to offer a 5 year Warranty Matching Hyundai and Toyota and beating the 3 on the others. This is not retroactive and includes roadside assistance.

Leasing won't make a difference. But if you purchased you missed a year and roadside. This is NOT a dealership Warranty.

THANKS ALFA AND DIDN'T EVEN GET A DUMB HAT WITH MY QV.

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/alfa-romeo-launches-five-year-warranty/

·
Registered
691 Posts
Wow....well good news for the brand....they are playing for keeps. Yeah kind of sucks for us. You'd think maybe they'd at least off 50% an extended warranty for us schmoes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Where this hurts me is that I knew the years didn't matter but the mileage did. Currently warranty runs out at 40k miles. They're saying that new warranty is good for 75k miles. Not to mention the nail in the coffin for early adopters is that article says they've added 3 years free scheduled service...

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Wow!!!! The 75k mileage is awesome and the free 3 year scheduled maintenance is he cherry on top! This is great for any new purchasers and it definitely stings for the early adopters. That’s a big difference considering the Giulia has BIG maintenance expense at the three year mark with spark plugs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think they should give us all the same 75k miles, or at least some discount on the extended warranty.

Reactions: nbview

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That 2 and 3 year maintenance is going to be a big deal. My call is already in with my opinion.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they should give us all the same 75k miles, or at least some discount on the extended warranty.
When I called Alfa Romeo Cares didn't know what I was talking about so I read the article to him since he claimed it was a dealership thing. I said NO IT IS ON MOTORTREND!!! They were not pre-notified so they had no response and just said I don't blame you for being mad. I am not mad I want year 2 and year 3. If it wasn't for us that didn't bail on them they would not have a year 2 or year 3 to worry about.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow!!!! The 75k mileage is awesome and the free 3 year scheduled maintenance is he cherry on top! This is great for any new purchasers and it definitely stings for the early adopters. That’s a big difference considering the Giulia has BIG maintenance expense at the three year mark with spark plugs.
Yes well by the time you are ready to come back to Alfa after your Infinity Q60 RS lease expires it won't exist anymore

·
Registered
328 Posts
If they've upped their QC so they feel confident giving this extra warranty and not loosing too much money on newer builds, they won't offer the same to the earlier builds that at the end of the day will just cost them money to service. It would be nice if they offered up the free 3 year scheduled maintenance though to earlier customers.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If they've upped their QC so they feel confident giving this extra warranty and not loosing too much money on newer builds, they won't offer the same to the earlier builds that at the end of the day will just cost them money to service. It would be nice if they offered up the free 3 year scheduled maintenance though to earlier customers.
It was the production of our cars (testers if you will) that the Cassino Plant was Best in Class for FCA. Yes they should cover the first 3 years of Maintenance and put their faith in us like we did them

MacGeek....When were you going to tell us?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sure would be nice for current owners to get some kind of compensation...I'd even take the free 3 year maintenance, and forget the extra year of warranty and roadside. Alfa produced some 140k Giulias/Stelvios/Giulietta's in 2017/2018 by my rough estimate (combining the US/European sales of each model). So, I doubt they're going to eat that cost of anything additional if they don't have to.

BUT, hopefully Alfa Romeo realizes that we are the Ambassador's of the brand. Word of mouth sells as many vehicles as the fancy superbowl ads. They should be doing everything to make us happy, not pissing us off :)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was pointed out that it was a UK magazine but it did not call out the countries impacted it said all Giulias and Stelvios which are made at the Cassino plant (bad for 4C) because FCA is awarding for great quality making our cars (oh and a few mistakes)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I tend to think that we early adopters are also financing the new warranties that we don't benefit from because we will paying for the service, while the 3rd year cars will be covered but less likely to fail. It kinda sucks but I guess it goes with being on the cutting edge. Software development is kinda like this, or used to be in the PC gaming world. Awesome new game would come out, with rocking graphics, but it was buggy and would crash your system. Patch would be released, new drivers for different vid cards and then finally it would be running. But only after staying up till 2AM for a week trying to sort it out. You never get those nights and hours of sleep back. But I love my Alfa and am learning how it all works, cam variator and cylinder deactivation included. :D

Reactions: MINIME

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Wait until the fine print is available to be sure spark plugs aren't identified as a wear item (or some such).

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Yes well by the time you are ready to come back to Alfa after your Infinity Q60 RS lease expires it won't exist anymore
I don’t think it will be a wise move for them to tweak their warranty program again once the 5 year 75k mile program is active. I can confidently say it will still be available when my current lease expires on 2021 :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
well isn't that special. I agree at least give us the 3 year maintenance that would be nice. But I guess that's already money in their pocket and they know it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Can't say I wouldn't feel like most early adopters on this thread...BUT this is great news for the long-term of Alfa Romeo, IMO!

I love the Giulia QV & Stelvio so much! I still intend to purchase a QV in the next few years - this new warranty coverage wouldn't have changed that, just icing on the cake!

Glad to see Alfa committing to staying the US, could've easily just folded after initial product run given how things got off on the wrong foot with "reliability" issues.

This new warranty coverage will offer more peace-of-mind & bring more people to the brand...meaning Alfa Romeo can keep making cars like the Giulia/Stelvio QV!

This is great news! Try to avoid the "sour grapes" feeling, though can't completely blame current owners for feeling slighted.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm definitely happy for Alfa Romeo. But FCA could screw up a wet dream. I'm almost hoping that Alfa/Maserati are sold or separated, much like Ferrari.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can't say I wouldn't feel like most early adopters on this thread...BUT this is great news for the long-term of Alfa Romeo, IMO!

I love the Giulia QV & Stelvio so much! I still intend to purchase a QV in the next few years - this new warranty coverage wouldn't have changed that, just icing on the cake!

Glad to see Alfa committing to staying the US, could've easily just folded after initial product run given how things got off on the wrong foot with "reliability" issues.

This new warranty coverage will offer more peace-of-mind & bring more people to the brand...meaning Alfa Romeo can keep making cars like the Giulia/Stelvio QV!

This is great news! Try to avoid the "sour grapes" feeling, though can't completely blame current owners for feeling slighted.
Shutter..I just ate another sour grape. Yuk that one was bitter too.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.