Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. When i was at dealership taking delivery today. The finanical staff offered me this 800 buck tire and wheel coverage.
Total for 4 years for the set of rims on the car and origional set of AR p zero tires. Any puncher any damage come back and they will fix or replace it. Seems too good to be true isnt it. I did see a dark five hole front wheel.rim on a shop cart setting at the corner of the service shop. He told me this was replaced fo another customer with this coverage. Here is the doc as attachment, and i made sure i can add this coverage on anytime i like. What do u guys think? Especially for those qv owners
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Quad owner

I also took the tire and rim package...I have a Quad

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,921 Posts
As the title says. When i was at dealership taking delivery today. The finanical staff offered me this 800 buck tire and wheel coverage.
Total for 4 years for the set of rims on the car and origional set of AR p zero tires. Any puncher any damage come back and they will fix or replace it. Seems too good to be true isnt it. I did see a dark five hole front wheel.rim on a shop cart setting at the corner of the service shop. He told me this was replaced fo another customer with this coverage. Here is the doc as attachment, and i made sure i can add this coverage on anytime i like. What do u guys think? Especially for those qv owners
Thanks
Be certain that the dealer is making a generous profit margin on policies of this type. On average you will be ahead by taking the risk your self. Of course if you know you will be driving in areas where your tires and rims are at heightened risk or if you have no tolerance for taking a risk, then you might get some value from the deal. Keep in mind that this type of warranty is notorious for refusing to cover the most common problems. My own history with car and truck tires below:

First car: 1974
Flat with destroyed tire (dealer refused warranty replace): 1982
Tire with damaged belt from driving too fast on rough road: circa 1992
Bridgestone tire delamination (dealer refused warranty replace): circa 2003.
Slow leak from screw: circa 2004 ($10 repair)
Slow leak from bad bead: circa 2008 (never repaired)
Slow leak from screw: 2013 ($20 repair)

Rim scraps from sloppy parking job: 1 time.
Rims needing repair: 1 time (1975--teenage drivers and all that)

The odds don't look good that the $800 for tire and wheel insurance would be a good investment for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be certain that the dealer is making a generous profit margin on policies of this type. On average you will be ahead by taking the risk your self. Of course if you know you will be driving in areas where your tires and rims are at heightened risk or if you have no tolerance for taking a risk, then you might get some value from the deal. Keep in mind that this type of warranty is notorious for refusing to cover the most common problems. My own history with car and truck tires below:

First car: 1974
Flat with destroyed tire (dealer refused warranty replace): 1982
Tire with damaged belt from driving too fast on rough road: circa 1992
Bridgestone tire delamination (dealer refused warranty replace): circa 2003.
Slow leak from screw: circa 2004 ($10 repair)
Slow leak from bad bead: circa 2008 (never repaired)
Slow leak from screw: 2013 ($20 repair)

Rim scraps from sloppy parking job: 1 time.
Rims needing repair: 1 time (1975--teenage drivers and all that)

The odds don't look good that the $800 for tire and wheel insurance would be a good investment for me.
haha thanks for all ur responses. Im a dealer myself. Would say keep a nice relation with those guys will help a lot when u need their words to get u through steps like claimming warranty. Always good to have friends at service dept.:grin2:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have it on my Ti as well - but my dealer threw it in at no cost to me.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,290 Posts
Getting this was the best decision I ever made for my qv; my only regret was getting 7 years instead of 8

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,290 Posts
they only offered 7 years max to me.
I think its different for every person and dealer.

Would be nice to have 1 standard for all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.