Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car from McKinney as I didn’t even realize there was a Dallas dealership. Anyway, needed a new 2nd key (the McKinney shop gave me a key to a different car by mistake and coouldn’t find the one for my car) and took it to Alfa Dallas. They let me take a Stelvio home while they waited for the key to arrive. Why, I’m not exactly sure but since my wife wants to replace her giant Tahoe, sure, why not.

They called me every day to let me know they were still waiting on it and a few days after I dropped it off, I went to go pick up my car - it was washed, vac’ed and filled up.

They were still getting organized over there but it was a good experience.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The dealer I bought my car from told me that if I ever needed a replacement FOB that they had to be programmed and sent from Italy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer I bought my car from told me that if I ever needed a replacement FOB that they had to be programmed and sent from Italy.
I'm not sure where it came from but I doubt it was Italy. I brought it in Saturday and had the new key Tuesday.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you for sharing and please continue to provide updates. I’m considering a Q.V. now that there is a Alfa deal in Dallas proper, but have some reservations with the temporary setup, offsight service center and general Alfa/Fiat/Chrysler service concerns.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
That was my experience. If there is a completely new key needed (the dealership was sold the week before I bought the car and they were still finding keys and stuff missing), it is sent over from Italy. In this case, after it got there (took a week), I drove over and they deprogramed all keys and reprogramed the new key and my existing one, took about an hour.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
i believe the McKinney and Dallas dealers are owned by the same people.
Yes they are the same owner. I bought mine in McKinney and had the first couple of updates handled there. I live about 1 mile from the new Dallas dealership and had them do my first service as well as the T57 update and .055 infotainment update. They did a great job. Gave me a Stelvio to drive and kept me continually updated on progress. Only kept the car for a couple of days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my Ti at the new Dallas dealership. They still had a temporary set up, but did a great job. I am looking forward to their new space opening up as it will give them a much bigger show room and I think service space. They did a gear job finding the configuration I wanted. Only a month in, but loving it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wonder if all of us who had stelvio loaners from Alfa Dallas got the same one haha. Mine was a white base model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts