Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Ti AWD, Alfa Black, Tan interior
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gadget Automotive design Font Personal luxury car Automotive exterior
Did anyone else get an Alfa Connect Box Update this morning? This is the first one I have seen in 8 months of ownership!

Thank you!

Glenn

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,276 Posts
I've been checking this forum essentially daily for the last 4 years+ and this is the first I've seen of a mass ota update. Am I understanding this correctly that this applies to MY20+ cars meaning that for the last 2 years those cars had the ability to be updated ota but never were?

• Wow
Reactions: Glenn

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I've been checking this forum essentially daily for the last 4 years+ and this is the first I've seen of a mass ota update. Am I understanding this correctly that this applies to MY20+ cars meaning that for the last 2 years those cars had the ability to be updated ota but never were?
I believe you are correct this capability exists in MY20+ only, but I also think it’s an open question as to what specifically can be updated via OTA. This seems like a very specific update to the AlfaConnect functionality vs a general Infotainment SW update or update if any other components firmware.

Reactions: Glenn and Avnyc11

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Ti AWD, Alfa Black, Tan interior
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know what was updated/fixed? I haven't really noticed any difference before or after. But everthing has been working great since I got the car in early November last year!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Does anyone know what was updated/fixed? I haven't really noticed any difference before or after. But everthing has been working great since I got the car in early November last year!
The symptoms/conditions in the link post #2 above show what it’s meant to fix. But like all these updates, not all cars will experience any/all of the issues.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,276 Posts
I believe you are correct this capability exists in MY20+ only, but I also think it’s an open question as to what specifically can be updated via OTA. This seems like a very specific update to the AlfaConnect functionality vs a general Infotainment SW update or update if any other components firmware.
That's what I was thinking as well and why I asked I know the 3rd gen infotainment systems have had updates to them but never heard mention on the forum of those being OTA, so I'm guessing they still aren't and that is just for Alfaconnect

Reactions: Glenn and wingler
1 - 11 of 11 Posts