Registered
2,344 Posts
The video is unavailable.....

·
Registered
527 Posts
Couldn't see your video.

But, did search and found EE's video, where the QV bested a lot of cars:

I'm curious what Randy Pobst will get in it, if they include it in their battle royale this year. I imagine it could dip into the 30s without too much effort, since Pobst got a 38 out of a C63 black and a 39 out of a M4. He got a 43 out of a stock 4C, which would help prove what everyone is already guessing -- the QV is faster than it's smaller sibling.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988

Reactions: badrosso

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i had it set to private on youtube. Should I choose unlisted or another option?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You should make it public if you want people to see it

·
Registered
422 Posts
That was fun to watch! Love the corkscrew. I love that track. Thanks for posting. You passed the E92 which is the car that will share a garage with my Quad when it gets here.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I could see it fine. Looked like a lot of fun and great driving good job!
Kind of short video though.... I was just getting into it !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figure he'd get 42 or better so have my work cut out for me. I might be able to get there if i get dedicated R comps. CCB would help since I know thats the version he'd run.

Glad you all can see it now. My best time that day was 1:46.28

·
Registered
167 Posts
Great stuff! How does your steel pads and rotors look after a day at the track? much wear? How about front tyre shoulder (particularly RHS)? Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
COOL! Great driving!!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
https://petrolicious.com/articles/v...iulia-tz-on-its-1978-road-trip-to-laguna-seca

interesting vintage racing bit here, a view of another time at the same place. Added benefit, Queen's best song (without Freddie) is at about the 11 minute mark.

I do believe I took my kids there that year, although hard to verify as their mom got the photo albums.

Try getting a cooler in a 4C haha. The TZ2 is prettier than these, in my mind, a tiny car when seen in person, but this is a lovely and very useable car.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I figure he'd get 42 or better so have my work cut out for me. I might be able to get there if i get dedicated R comps. CCB would help since I know thats the version he'd run.

Glad you all can see it now. My best time that day was 1:46.28
Nice driving, very smooth! I'm guessing you had no issues with sound? Or did you lift at the sound booth each time?

Pobst is crazy fast though, with tons of experience, so it's tough to get close to his times. I use his times as a good benchmark for a car's maximum ability, knowing I'll never get close to it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have two track days and steel rotors and stock pads doing great. Front Corsas only really handled one day so switched to Mich P4S and ran a day. Got greasy but should have at least another hard day or two out of them, hopefully more. Waiting for my Madness Springs, then will dial in neg camber and go for broke

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have two track days and steel rotors and stock pads doing great. Front Corsas only really handled one day so switched to Mich P4S and ran a day. Got greasy but should have at least another hard day or two out of them, hopefully more. Waiting for my Madness Springs, then will dial in neg camber and go for broke
Thanks. Yes I'm yet to hear anyone get more than one day from those Corsa AR front tires. Pirelli must be rubbing their hands lol! Interesting your brakes have held up so well. We've toasted pads in less than a day. Might be the type of track I guess...

Have you found the PS4S to be noticeably slower than the Corsa or just more understeer as they overheat?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd say corsas maybe about 2s faster. definitely understeer on the Mich when they overheat, didn't notice it as much with the corsas. Will plan to get dedicated track rubber. Debating on Trofeo R vs Mich Sport Cup 2. Want the best bang for the buck especially longevity. Let me know your thoughts. Posted an 11.98 1/4 mile. Not sure how good that is to be expected. **** of a lag time on the accelerator hope a tune will remove that....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts