Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner. Maybe there is a way to work around this...

It appears that the seat belt alarm dings anytime the car is running, even without the driver in the seat. Obviously, only if the seat belt isn't latched. If I hop out of the car for a second, the passenger is luckly enough to hear the alarm.

The other is the parking sensors. It seems that they ding even if the car is in park.

They both apparently mute the audio system each time they ding.
Super annoying.
Any fixes?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Don't remember but there was a thread earlier.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The only fix I know for the parking sensors is you can turn the sensors off when parked (on the left - by lights)... My wife has complained about the seat belt thing as well - the only cure for this is either turn off the car, or maybe leave the keys in the vehicle. I don't remember if she said it was okay after I left the keys in, but will test it again tonight!

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think this might be the key fob alarm, actually- left the wife in the car with the engine running, and she nearly went insane from the binging. Tried it again with the key fob left on the console, and no more bells.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I stop at my mailbox and jump out to get the mail, as long as I put the car in park BEFORE I take my seatbelt off, it doesn't beep at all. If I take it off before the car is in park, it'll definitely beep. Although if the key is in your pocket when you get out of the car, it'll still beep saying the key has left the vehicle.

As for the parking sensors, if you're going to sit in the car parked somewhere where the sensors are detecting something, I'd say you're best bet is to just turn off the sensors when you're done parking.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,472 Posts
Can 4C owners tell us which car's alarms are louder or if they're about the same?

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I stop at my mailbox and jump out to get the mail, as long as I put the car in park BEFORE I take my seatbelt off, it doesn't beep at all. If I take it off before the car is in park, it'll definitely beep. Although if the key is in your pocket when you get out of the car, it'll still beep saying the key has left the vehicle.

As for the parking sensors, if you're going to sit in the car parked somewhere where the sensors are detecting something, I'd say you're best bet is to just turn off the sensors when you're done parking.
I just saw a possible solution on another thread for the seatbelt issue--get a seat belt buckle extender from Amazon--they come in different lengths and can be stacked--which reportedly makes it easier to find the buckle to attach the seatbelt, but it also has the effect of deactivating the warning, similar to what a detached clip would do, except you can still use the seatbelt normally.

As far as the parking sensor beeps, I'm still trying to figure out the frequency of the beeps and how fast they have to be before I'm too close to the curb. I found these aren't always reliable, in my previous car also--they don't always turn on properly or in time or disappear when you need them. And they turn on when you start the car and put it in gear, even reverse--the system should know when you're in reverse that you don't need them. Just the other day at night, when I started my car, I forget if they were beeping in park, but they were definitely beeping when I put it in reverse, and because of some glitch they were still beeping even when I had backed up about 8 feet, and showing on the screen. I accidentally put it in neutral and the warning went away, and didn't come back when I put it back in reverse, so maybe that's another, easier way to stop it than turning it off, if it works consistently.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Yesterday when I was driving the car the parking warning bells went off and a message came up telling me to “check all surroundings” (or something like that). The odd thing, was I was not in close proximity to any other cars. I do not have the dynamic driver assistance option.

On a 10 mile drive, this happened 3 times. The only thing I could figure is that it was VERY windy and leaves were blowing everywhere, swirling around the car and may have been enough to trigger the sensors. Anyone else experience anything like this?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yesterday when I was driving the car the parking warning bells went off and a message came up telling me to “check all surroundings” (or something like that). The odd thing, was I was not in close proximity to any other cars. I do not have the dynamic driver assistance option.

On a 10 mile drive, this happened 3 times. The only thing I could figure is that it was VERY windy and leaves were blowing everywhere, swirling around the car and may have been enough to trigger the sensors. Anyone else experience anything like this?
A couple days ago the check all surroundings warning came on, but it was when I was parked, but had the door open while I move the car a couple of feet. Is it possible your door might have been not completely shut?

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
A couple days ago the check all surroundings warning came on, but it was when I was parked, but had the door open while I move the car a couple of feet. Is it possible your door might have been not completely shut?
Not likely, but possible I guess. Will have to wait and see if it ever happens again I guess.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can 4C owners tell us which car's alarms are louder or if they're about the same?

The 4C has a louder seat belt alarm. It actually trained me to buckle my seat belt before starting the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts