Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,423 Posts
The price is ridiculous for a system to run stock downpipes. I’m sorry.
The combination of titanium and quad carbon tips put it over the edge. But even without those I estimate it would be 3-4k

Akrapovic also now sells an axle back slip on system that costs just over 5k that has an x pipe in the muffler. What's interesting is that it might lead you to believe that the mid pipe is then only worth about 1-2k, which is in line with other aftermarket exhausts, but those are all stainless steel. GThaus for example with their meisterschaft charge 4k for their titanium x pipe mid resonator delete

Also some, if not all, of these titanium systems are not even full titanium. I know some of them have stainless steel connecting pipes

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
The combination of titanium and quad carbon tips put it over the edge. But even without those I estimate it would be 3-4k

Akrapovic also now sells an axle back slip on system that costs just over 5k that has an x pipe in the muffler. What's interesting is that it might lead you to believe that the mid pipe is then only worth about 1-2k, which is in line with other aftermarket exhausts, but those are all stainless steel. GThaus for example with their meisterschaft charge 4k for their titanium x pipe mid resonator delete

I'm also not sure if these titanium systems are full titanium. I know some of them have stainless steel connecting pipes
I’m all about spending money on the car. I will be $30k into it by the time it’s done. To each his own. no doubt the workmanship quality is there. Just the cost vs performance is bananas. You’re gaining maybe 6 hp and some sound for well over $5k after install cost or time. That’s just a rip off. Nothing against akropovic. They make great products. Some of these vendors products for the Alfa make it like it’s a Ferrari.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I’m all about spending money on the car. I will be $30k into it by the time it’s done. To each his own. no doubt the workmanship quality is there. Just the cost vs performance is bananas. You’re gaining maybe 6 hp and some sound for well over $5k after install cost or time. That’s just a rip off. Nothing against akropovic. They make great products. Some of these vendors products for the Alfa make it like it’s a Ferrari.
I know of someone who bought a used akrapovic system for 1500 off of eBay. Granted it was missing 2 tips but that's still a great deal. I've been checking eBay ever since just for the fun of it

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
As a side note, and you don't have to answer if you don't want, but since you are going from fabspeed tune and hfc to ideal race tune and hfc; is that factoring into your 30k. My point is if your qv was new and you just did ideal race, then it would have been about 6k less right.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
As a side note, and you don't have to answer if you don't want, but since you are going from fabspeed tune and hfc to ideal race tune and hfc; is that factoring into your 30k. My point is if your qv was new and you just did ideal race, then it would have been about 6k less right.
if I took a stock car and did what I’m doing now and took it to ideal it would be about $15k all in. Even more if you want to factoring in trailering car, hotels gas etc. but who’s counting. The QV runs $10k a year in expenses anyways for me.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
if I took a stock car and did what I’m doing now and took it to ideal it would be about $15k all in. Even more if you want to factoring in trailering car, hotels gas etc. but who’s counting. The QV runs $10k a year in expenses anyways for me.
Worth every penny 😁

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
148 Posts
$10k a year? I assume you track the car? Lol

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q4
583 Posts
Wish they made one for the 2.0. I run one of their slip ons on my sportbike and love the sound
I had a full system on my Aprilia and it sounded amazing. The welds were a thing of beauty as well. Glad the previous owner bought the system though because it was >$2k new.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I read in driving.ca that an insurance company refused to pay someone's car accident that was totaled in Ontario, Canada because the exhaust system was aftermarket. I can understand if they said they would not pay the couple of thousand cost of the exhaust because it was not reported but to refuse the whole rightoff is news to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts