Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full Disclosure, I do NOT work for this company just posting as a viable option. The tow hook gopro kit demand isn't there so they just decided to make a normal kit for now.

Add this to the List of Available Kits ($89). The biggest benefit is the kit is ultra lightweight while still remaining super rigid.

The adjustable license plate relocation kit allows you to place your license plate in numerous positions including side to side tilt to allow the plate to follow the angle of the front bumper.

- The kit comes complete with all necessary hardware for installation.
- Easy to install and remove.
- No cutting required.
- Installation takes about 5 minutes.
- Kit components cnc machined from aircraft grade aluminum with black hard anodizing.

http://www.ptuning.com/subdir/itemdetail.cfm?PartNo=PTP%2DEXT%2D15401&MakeCode=alfa&ModelCode=giulia&ModelYear=2017%2D2018%20All&ModelDesc=Giulia

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I would suggest using loctite on the thru bolt that goes through the curved adapter - if it got a bit loose it would be free to swivel chip the bumper.
simple and good solution

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Lost! Good tip and love the avatar :)

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would suggest using loctite on the thru bolt that goes through the curved adapter - if it got a bit loose it would be free to swivel chip the bumper.
simple and good solution
Yup! Suggested in the instructions actually as well!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I was hoping to be able to avoid the front plate, but apparently even new vehicles have to be inspected in MA upon registration, and now the state has video cameras inspecting the cars and inspectors.
even draconian CA accepts that a new car doesn't need an (smog) inspection, and you can pay a bribe directly to the government and avoid it for 4 years instead of two.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I was hoping to be able to avoid the front plate, but apparently even new vehicles have to be inspected in MA upon registration, and now the state has video cameras inspecting the cars and inspectors.
even draconian CA accepts that a new car doesn't need an (smog) inspection, and you can pay a bribe directly to the government and avoid it for 4 years instead of two.
No bribe necessary here in CA. New cars don't get smogged for the first five years. Then it's every two years.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I stand corrected, last new one I bought there (2008) had the offer - 2 year smog check or 4 if you pay the state.
with the required 5 year emission warranty, it only makes sense that they switched it to 5.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here in MD after a new car sale in 2 years you get smog check. I have gotten several warnings about front plates on the Giulia and other cars from officers. Typically they dont give a citation unless you are doing something stupid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts