Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 250GLC
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I'm thinking of getting a Giulia as a daily car in Dubai, its winter now so the temperature is lower so difficult to get a reading.
I'm just wondering if anyone has any issues with the aircon in summer, how efficient is it during the peak heat. I'll get a GCC spec car.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Howzit Terry...In our experience of around 20 years owning several Alfas, all of them have/had unusual behaving aircons which seemingly have a mind of their own!!

There's been a few threads on this forum, including my experience with my Giulia, which is not unique to me.

With particular regard to my Giulia (as opposed to other Alfas we've owned which had differing aircon traits), it's not unusual to have different levels of heat/cold blowing from the vents, particularly the centre vents in the dash. One may be warm and the other cold, notwithstanding the internal or external ambient temps.

I think it's just something the system does to get the car to the desired/set temp in it's own time.

Notwithstanding this odd behaviour, I personally believe the climate control to be excellent, as once you've driven a bit/oil up to driving temps, the system will consistently maintain the temps you've selected.

Whilst there are few places on the planet that have such consistently high temps as you in the Summer, we do have long periods of high temps and sun (we're in Joburg), and I always feel cool and fresh after a drive, whether short or long...:cool:(y).

Have a chat with The Real Cvh on this forum. He lives in Dubai and is a big Alfa fan and has a Giulia. Am sure he'd be happy to share his experiences...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Has not been an issue in Texas where we see 100F in the summer. It's much better than the BMWs and Porsche I had.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I live in downtown Phoenix Arizona. We had a record heatwave this summer and saw 33 days over 110. While I tried to avoid the 115+ days (46 c), the AC was never an issue. You’ll be fine in Dubai, though horsepower will drop a bit when it’s that hot. Of course, that happens to all turbo cars.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hi , I'm thinking of getting a Giulia as a daily car in Dubai, its winter now so the temperature is lower so difficult to get a reading.
I'm just wondering if anyone has any issues with the aircon in summer, how efficient is it during the peak heat. I'll get a GCC spec car.

Any advice appreciated.
check if there is such option as hot climate region - usually includes more effective A/C compressor

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Veloce Ti, 2015 4C LE, 1998 916 GTV Spider, 2019 Civic Type R
50 Posts
Not done a summer in Dubai with my Giulia yet. But understand your concern - the first Alfa’s in Dubai were notorious for their crappy a/c’s. But...
My GT was fine during summer. My GTV is like a fridge. Both my 4C’s cool down very quickly. All the Giulietta’s seem to have no issues, and the guys with Giulia’s over the last 2 years - no one has complained.
So, Terry, you’ll be fine. Alfa has learnt its a/c lesson here.
Get that Giulia.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not done a summer in Dubai with my Giulia yet. But understand your concern - the first Alfa’s in Dubai were notorious for their crappy a/c’s. But...
My GT was fine during summer. My GTV is like a fridge. Both my 4C’s cool down very quickly. All the Giulietta’s seem to have no issues, and the guys with Giulia’s over the last 2 years - no one has complained.
So, Terry, you’ll be fine. Alfa has learnt its a/c lesson here.
Get that Giulia.
That’s good to know as I have a black on black Car going into it’s first south Florida summer where my BMW always struggles to keep up. I think the laminated glass will help.Interesting laminated glass is it available on any BMW shy of the 7series.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
One more: choose a light color and avoid the dark glass sun roof if you can. Dark colors increase the heat load on the A/C.

Parking in shade or at least with an IR windshield combined with a reflective windshield insert such as those made by heatshieldstore (the original, and local to me) is also recommended. Several people have reported issues with dashboard top warpage, apparently caused by excessive heat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts