Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I thought that was a patch kit they provided. I need to have another look at it.
But if it's not digital or cordless, then I prefer my new one.

I'll go check tonight
You have to be sure that you just use the air compressor and don’t push that slime tire patching gel into the tire. I believe there’s directions and It’s pretty self-explanatory..... in Italian😃

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,263 Posts
You have to be sure that you just use the air compressor and don’t push that slime tire patching gel into the tire. I believe there’s directions and It’s pretty self-explanatory..... in Italian😃
Right I remember seeing a video on it which is why I thought it was a patch kit only

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I just bought some Dewalt Air small tire inflator compressors. But that’s for use at the track and at my home.
Just wondering what’s wrong with the OEM air Compressor pump to fill tires up that are low more if you have a flat? That is the air compressor I am depending on if I have an emergency. I also carry a tire plug kit.
Why not just use the OEM one?
You know, I was just about to say the same thing. Am I the only one that got a tire inflator with my car? The OEM ones work great and they're already in the trunk....
You're both right. I found the below in the manual. The flat fix kit can be operated to just inflate the tires. See attached picture.

That said, it still has to be plugged in to the 12v port so it isn't wireless, and it doesn't have a digital gauge that you can preselect a pressure
9CEF4F40-E390-44BC-A83D-9CE83F6F9CA4.jpeg

Reactions: Call me Al

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
You're both right. I found the below in the manual. The flat fix kit can be operated to just inflate the tires. See attached picture.

That said, it still has to be plugged in to the 12v port so it isn't wireless, and it doesn't have a digital gauge that you can preselect a pressure View attachment 109808
I just went to look in the trunk and indeed the inflator is exactly as it is in the manual.
My sealant kit expires 2/22 and my build date is 7/17, so I guess they last 5 years and AR is playing it safe.

I'm still glad I bought wireless inflator, as the cable is a pain, and the psi gauge is very very tiny and in increments of 5, but it's good to know Alfa provides one with the car that's not just for sealant

Reactions: Call me Al

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just bought some Dewalt Air small tire inflator compressors. But that’s for use at the track and at my home.
Just wondering what’s wrong with the OEM air Compressor pump to fill tires up that are low more if you have a flat? That is the air compressor I am depending on if I have an emergency. I also carry a tire plug kit.
Why not just use the OEM one?
You know, I was just about to say the same thing. Am I the only one that got a tire inflator with my car? The OEM ones work great and they're already in the trunk....
I thought that was a patch kit they provided. I need to have another look at it.
But if it's not digital or cordless, then I prefer my new one.

I'll go check tonight
Up north in Canuckistan, I don't even get a patch kit, let alone an air compressor. Or did I get jibbed by my dealership?

Other Canucks please confirm.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I bought a nice one on Amazon.

Hopefully I will never have to use it.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I got to try it tonight. Works really well.

It's small enough to fit under the trunk floor so it's portable. It has a digital gauge so you can set the desired pressure in multiple units (psi, bar, etc.). And it's cordless so it's easy to use, but it comes with a long 12v cable in case your battery dies. It won't charge it with the 12v, but it will allow you to inflate the tires.

Idk how long the battery lasts but they claim it can fully fill 3 tires to 35psi, so 4 under inflated tires should be no problem.

I still need to figure out how long the battery will last when sitting idle, but I think I just need to remember to recharge it once every few months. And even if I forget, I have the 12v cable in the car so I can still use it.

Only knock against it is the carry case. It's just about big enough for the device and the air hose, but it won't fit the 12v cable as well. Otherwise, I highly recommend this!

EDIT: And it also has a built in flashlight in case you need it.
It's not as small or as light as my old one, but being cordless, and have a digital gauge that allows you to preset the pressure is a much better trade-off.
I wanted to post an update since I had my summers put on today and needed to adjust their PSI. The battery in this was dead, not promising considering I thought I fully charged it only a week ago. I'm hoping I just didn't charge it fully last time.

That said, I plugged it into the 12v and it worked great! I love love love the digital gauge; made it so much easier to fill each tire, and have them be exactly at the pressures I want them.

I had just done some spirited driving with a Rosso comp qv from CT on I95, if you're on the forum by the way, so the tires were hot when I inflated them; and the pressure shown on the car infotainment was exactly 1.5psi lower than what I set the inflator too.

Either way; I'm still very happy I found a portable digital inflator, even if it may not be cordless. I'm charging it up again now, for longer than I did last time, so hopefully that's all it needs.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
That Ryobi 737 is good especially if you already have other ryobi stuff at home and don’t need to spend on batteries and chargers.

just one thing. We are all conditioned to buy on Amazon. But there arebetter options. Including on price.

Ryobi P737 18-Volt ONE+ Portable Cordless Power Inflator for Tires (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only) Amazon.com: Ryobi P737 18-Volt ONE+ Portable Cordless Power Inflator for Tires (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only): Industrial & Scientific

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
True dat. I find it is useful in a pinch. I have these around for the bikes and lord knows I need that excuzesize.
Use a high volume (not high pressure) bike pump, I use this one

61 - 74 of 74 Posts