Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it on ebay for $16 from China.

Does it really matters to get the OEM one?

It's a lot more $ I am sure.

Anyone use the aftermarket one?

Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Oem is 50-60 and very good quality/feel. You don?t want some third rate quality non oem for a button like that. It?s probably not going to have the same kind of solid feel. you really don?t want to get back into that wheel again if it breaks which it will.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If i decide to get the red button, for sure it will be OEM now,.

Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Topper piece on eBay not good. Sticks on the face of button and looks cheap. Doesn’t cover sides and doesn’t light up like regular start button. Buy the real thing instead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Chinese one in my Giulia, works fine. Looks great. You lose the ability to have it light up however. I was willing to sacrifice that in order to save significant money while still having the red button look.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Please don't cheap out on a $40 savings for your $40k+ Italian masterpiece of a car. It's not like we're talking about an OEM carbon fiber spoiler here.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have the Chinese one in my Giulia, works fine. Looks great. You lose the ability to have it light up however. I was willing to sacrifice that in order to save significant money while still having the red button look.
I admired your creativity when you applied the cloth Alfa emblem to your mats, but I can't agree with you on this one. I had the red button installed and the cost was minimal. Maybe if you post a picture of it so we can see for ourselves. The main thing is that you are happy with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It looks factory, however, it does not light up any more, so for that I was a bit disappointed. I've been able to trim my entire interior with real carbon fiber from various sources on Ebay as well. My interior now has the same parts in carbon fiber that the QV has in it. Including my steering wheel. Again, friends I have really like the way the car has turned out. The red button is authentic enough, but if it was OEM it would light up and that would be cooler. I'll agree with you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had to go cheaper, I'm unemployed and my wife and I can barely afford this lease! (I am serious) I shouldn't even own this level of car. We went from a Passat to this. Huge increase in expenditure. So, sorry, I have to cut corners where I can. Not everyone drives what they should be driving, if you get what I mean.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had to go cheaper, I'm unemployed and my wife and I can barely afford this lease! (I am serious) I shouldn't even own this level of car. We went from a Passat to this. Huge increase in expenditure. So, sorry, I have to cut corners where I can. Not everyone drives what they should be driving, if you get what I mean.
Might be wise to keep that to yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts