1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes it's still a bit early. There are few threads already dedicated to this topic, but you'll probably want to bookmark the below vendors.

As of 7/15/17
https://madnessautoworks.com/ - ECU Tune, Transmission Tune, Go Pedal, and exhaust currently available along with other cosmetics
https://shopeurocompulsion.net/ - Currently working on numerous ECU Tunes, Intakes, and other performance goodies on the way
https://www.centerlinealfa.com/ - 2.0T Full exhaust available for preorder and other goodies
http://www.alfa9supply.com/ - Exhaust currently available for QV model and working with Remus for 2.0T, Front Plate Mount, as well as other cosmetics.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I contacted weathertech.com about their custom mats.
About 6-8 weeks, at this point.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I contacted weathertech.com about their custom mats.
About 6-8 weeks, at this point.
Official Alfa Romeo all weather rubber floor mats appear to be available to order from your Alfa dealer now. However, my dealer stated they're marked RWD only. They've ordered a set to check fit in an AWD car.

Dealer's exact words on the subject:

"They have all weather floor mats but they are telling me they are for the RWD not the AWD. I asked if they're different and my service rep said yes. I ordered some RWD ones just to make sure because it's hard to believe they're different. "

·
Registered
134 Posts
"They have all weather floor mats but they are telling me they are for the RWD not the AWD. I asked if they're different and my service rep said yes. I ordered some RWD ones just to make sure because it's hard to believe they're different. "

I was told by the guys at centerline that the center console of the AWD was a slightly different size/shape. They are within a week or so of coming out with some mats for the AWD. I haven't read of anybody trying the "RWD mats" on an AWD car yet. As long as the return policy is reasonable I was willing to try, but Centerline told me to relax and be patient for just a little while longer. So I believe them. They have been awesome to deal with for as long as I can remember (International Auto before they were Centerline).

·
Registered
547 Posts
Trolls Trolls Trolls

Is this car just too new to have aftermarket parts yet?
No rubber floormats?
No strut tower brace?

Anyone know of a source for some good upgrades?

I did see that Vivid Racing already has a $1000 ECU tune. Might consider that upgrade.

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog...cmp=FullFeed&gclid=CJeMmpGzjNUCFQqtaQodbTkArg
There has been plenty of threads already posted about aftermarket parts; Madness, Alfa9Supply, Koshi, Centerline, etc... Might Consider that upgrade? are you even an Alfa Owner? This Forum is getting way to many TROLLS

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There has been plenty of threads already posted about aftermarket parts; Madness, Alfa9Supply, Koshi, Centerline, etc... Might Consider that upgrade? are you even an Alfa Owner? This Forum is getting way to many TROLLS
Yes, I have a Monaco Blue quad. Track my posts. Maybe you should do that before accusing someone, eh?

Anyway, I knew all about Madness, but had not seen any posts from the other 3. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: jnsd and lowlight

·
Registered
167 Posts
I ordered the rubber mats from moparpartsonline, I plan on "installing" then tomorrow, they look nice but are thinner than weathertech. I also have the SDCarbonfiber spoiler which is a great value. Holding off on a exhaust and tune till I sort out some issues with Alfa.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes, I have a Monaco Blue quad. Track my posts. Maybe you should do that before accusing someone, eh?

Anyway, I knew all about Madness, but had not seen any posts from the other 3. Thanks for the info.
Agreed.

Purpose of community is to share information.

No reason to hate on member seeking aftermarket option info.

Common knowledge is that aftermarket will lag behind new market offering. Especially for a manufacturer with new product.

We're all excited for quality, reliable, aftermarket tuning options to personalize & make a car we all love even better!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I ordered the rubber mats from moparpartsonline, I plan on "installing" then tomorrow, they look nice but are thinner than weathertech. I also have the SDCarbonfiber spoiler which is a great value. Holding off on a exhaust and tune till I sort out some issues with Alfa.
Let us know what you think. I have the light Lusso interior and really don't want to destroy the carpet with our Northwest winters...

·
Vendor
619 Posts
We will have a handful of performance parts shortly for the Giulia 2.0L & 2.9L along with the Stelvio 2.0L & 2.9L.

We want to make sure everything is thoroughly tested prior to releasing parts for these cars. It does us (or more importantly you) no good if we release parts that do not work, do not fit and are rushed to market.

It will be worth the little wait longer, I promise.

We are also fully vested into these cars as we own both a Quadrifoglio and a 2.0L Giulia so development is going fairly quickly on both drive-trains (we don't use customer cars for development).

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
Let us know what you think. I have the light Lusso interior and really don't want to destroy the carpet with our Northwest winters...
You can always do like I had to with my Jag E-type: I kept a pair of "driving shoes" (tight fitting, clean, leather shoes) in the car and change shoes when I got in. If you haven't driven an early LHD E-type, the pedals are too close together to allow using "normal" shoes and the floor gets too hot to go barefoot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't bother with the factory all weather mats. They are very small and completely smooth. Your feet slide around and inadequate coverage, especially on the passenger side, wait for the Weathertech mats to come out.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
There will be a lot of products coming to the market soon. Be careful. We have done Alfa's for 20+ years now and I will tell you right now, not all are created equal. With Alfa, there stuff will be the best but some will not. That's Alfa for you.

Stick to the guys that have been doing it for a long time and understand Alfa's. Everyone and their mom are going to jump on these vehicles to sell you everything and anything. If you end up keeping this car for the long haul you will not want to have a few do-overs. I for one never offer everything available. Half or more will be junk. I stick to manufacturers that have worked on all previous alfa's along with our own products. For example, REMUS. I have used this on many Alfa's in the past. Super high quality and fitment along with keeping that Italian Note. Other products won't be able to produce or keep that Italian sound, even though Remus is Austrian.. ;) Working on tuning as well. More to come. Just takes time as us Alfa guys take a little longer as we need the cars to test and so forth.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Thanks Alfissimo. I'll be in touch. ;)

Reactions: Alfissimo

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
On the subject of floor mats:

Everything slides around violently in the trunk of my current car during my weekly mountain pass drive.
It seems to me that a trunk mat made of soft sticky rubber similar to what goes into summer tires or some such would have enough friction to stop non-rolling "stuff" from moving around in the trunk.

Who makes such a thing, if anybody?

Don't tell me to strap everything down (although it is a plus that Giulia actually has tie downs in the trunk), that is a big hassle to do effectively and it doesn't work well for stuff like the 220' coil of 1/0 electrical wire that I hauled "up the hill" last weekend.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
On the subject of floor mats:

Everything slides around violently in the trunk of my current car during my weekly mountain pass drive.
It seems to me that a trunk mat made of soft sticky rubber similar to what goes into summer tires or some such would have enough friction to stop non-rolling "stuff" from moving around in the trunk.

Who makes such a thing, if anybody?

Don't tell me to strap everything down (although it is a plus that Giulia actually has tie downs in the trunk), that is a big hassle to do effectively and it doesn't work well for stuff like the 220' coil of 1/0 electrical wire that I hauled "up the hill" last weekend.
Just an idea: I have slick hardwood floors, and we have large throw rugs for various rooms. In order to keep the rugs from sliding around, we got this rubbery stuff that comes in rolls (got it at the flooring place we bought the flooring from) and we put that down under the rugs. You cannot get the rugs to slide even if you try. It doesn't have any glue, it's just a non-slip rubber mesh roll that you roll out under a rug. It's about an 1/8" thick, and you can cut it with scissors, so I imagine a yard of it (it comes in rolls 6 feet wide) would give you plenty to cut and fit something for the trunk. It's waterproof, rot-proof, mold-proof.

If you put a square of that on the carpet under your roll of wire, I guarantee that roll will NOT slide.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Just an idea: I have slick hardwood floors, and we have large throw rugs for various rooms. In order to keep the rugs from sliding around, we got this rubbery stuff that comes in rolls (got it at the flooring place we bought the flooring from) and we put that down under the rugs. You cannot get the rugs to slide even if you try. It doesn't have any glue, it's just a non-slip rubber mesh roll that you roll out under a rug. It's about an 1/8" thick, and you can cut it with scissors, so I imagine a yard of it (it comes in rolls 6 feet wide) would give you plenty to cut and fit something for the trunk. It's waterproof, rot-proof, mold-proof.

If you put a square of that on the carpet under your roll of wire, I guarantee that roll will NOT slide.
Thanks for the idea. Do you remember the name of said product? I have sticky mesh rubber mats in my kitchen cabinets. The mats stop things from moving about but are so sticky and light that they stay stuck to stuff when trying to lift it off (like water glasses for example). It might be possible to stitch such mats to the trunk carpet to stop the mat from lifting and bunching, I dunno. I do know that stick-on velcro does not work very well to hold mats in place. In the case of your rugs, the rug on top of the mat may be preventing the problem that I have observed. A mat for a trunk also needs to be stiff enough so that it stays in place and doesn't fold over itself, or be attached to something that is stiff and/or heavy enough to keep it in place.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Thanks for the idea. Do you remember the name of said product? I have sticky mesh rubber mats in my kitchen cabinets. The mats stop things from moving about but are so sticky and light that they stay stuck to stuff when trying to lift it off (like water glasses for example). It might be possible to stitch such mats to the trunk carpet to stop the mat from lifting and bunching, I dunno. I do know that stick-on velcro does not work very well to hold mats in place. In the case of your rugs, the rug on top of the mat may be preventing the problem that I have observed. A mat for a trunk also needs to be stiff enough so that it stays in place and doesn't fold over itself, or be attached to something that is stiff and/or heavy enough to keep it in place.
Unfortunately I don't remember what the name was, it was almost 3 years ago. It's green and is a mesh weave. It's pretty heavy, but I don't know if a heavy object directly on top of it would cause it to stick to the bottom of it. Maybe hold it in place with strong magnets at the edges? I would imagine any place that sells hardwood flooring and rugs would have something like this, so you could take a look and see if it would be strong enough to hold up to what you want to put on it.

Possibly you could get an auto upholstery place to sew a floor mat edging around a piece of it so the edges don't fold up. Just an idea.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts