Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks George all working.
Now my box keeps freezing all the time and I need to turn off the car and start again. Any advice on how to fix it?
Mine was doing it 2 or 3 times a day. It turned out to be Waze (stopped happening when I used TomTom AmiGO for a week instead). I uninstalled Waze, restarted my phone, and did a fresh install from the App store. Crashing is now down to once every few months or less.

Handy tip, you can reset your system by holding down the main knob for around 15 seconds, no need to turn off the car.

Android Auto wireless with Note 10+ / Android 11

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine was doing it 2 or 3 times a day. It turned out to be Waze (stopped happening when I used TomTom AmiGO for a week instead). I uninstalled Waze, restarted my phone, and did a fresh install from the App store. Crashing is now down to once every few months or less.

Handy tip, you can reset your system by holding down the main knob for around 15 seconds, no need to turn off the car.

Android Auto wireless with Note 10+ / Android 11
Thanks m&ms will give that a crack. I did read your comments about uninstalling waze which I did but not sure about restarting my phone.

Which nob is it the small power button or the big rotary one?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have the older version and upgraded it using software from the Eng Custom to get wireless. There is a thread here on how to install it.

I had a few disconnections and resets as in AA would disconnect and then reconnect intermittently. It ended up as an issue with the USB cable. I'm not sure about Samsung phones but my Pixel heats up and locks after a while.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Ponch for the tips. Working ok over the last few days since I did fresh install of waze, hopefully it's made a difference and it's not a coincidence. Next check I think if it plays up again will be running it in wired and see if it makes a difference and then I can work out if it's a wireless connectivity issue. Been chatting to the manufacturer and the support here is better from users rather than dev's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Issue happened again this morning and it seems to happen whenever I choose a destination in Waze or Google maps. If I'm driving with the map on in the background no issue at all. m&ms I tried to hold down the big rotary knob for 15 seconds to reset the box but it didn't do anything, had to restart the car to get it back working.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did the factory reset, didn't ask me for any pass code no probs. Hopefully it does the trick this time round.

Wondering if not having the wifi authenticated makes any difference? It doesn't ask me for a password only when re connecting occasionally if I switch the car off then back on.
Font Screenshot Technology Gadget Multimedia

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question for the kremersino vs eng custom imperium series.
The eng custom's version specifically says that it doesn't need an external microphone, while the kremersino unit specifically says that it needs an external mic.
I really prefer not installing an external mic, but I am wondering if it's just software and I could install the eng custom to a stock kremersino unit.

Anyone has done something like that?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi @davideb

I followed these instructions Eng Customs to upgrade my Kremer unit. Not sure about the microphone as I already installed it. I think I took a few photos and posted them on where I placed the microphone for my RHD car.

However, as stated above the unit uses your BT to authenticate, well the model/software mine has installed; unless they have a later version available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took the plunge and ordered one called iSmart. Looks very similar to the Eng-custom one on other forums. The manufacturer is called Kremersino and they have a store in AliExpress. It was discounted with DHL was here in a week quicker than posting from Mulgrave to Mount Waverley! View attachment 103341

I installed the microphone this afternoon bit tricky as it sits on the right hand side and most forums show the left hand side. Took a bit of fiddling but managed to get it hidden not sure how well it'll work. View attachment 103342

View attachment 103343

I also noted the brilliant workmanship of my dealer the bottom cover was placed incorrectly. So for tomorrow will chuck in the unit and hopefully happy days! ( Within a 5 KLM radius of course!).
Just installed the iSmart box in my 2018 Stelvio, and it's amazing! Works as advertised and it's great to finally have Android Auto in my Stelvio. The menus and display are super fast - faster than the stock software. And AA runs a lot smoother than it does in my wife's car and a Range Rover we rented while traveling recently, and both had AA built in. Super happy with it.

I avoided having to wire the microphone by just keeping my Alpha Connect BT connection. I disabled media playback on that profile on my phone, and everything works brilliantly. In AA (using the iSmart of course) I can make a call, and not only does it use the built in mic and speakers over BT, but it shows up in AA as well. It's all seamless and works great.

Thanks Ponch for the pointer and the excellent instructions. Saved me a lot of time and headaches. My vehicle was a bit different than your pics, but was able to figure it all out no problem.

Oh, and AliExpress said it was going to take 2 months to get, and it took two weeks, even with all the supply chain problems. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi @davideb

I followed these instructions Eng Customs to upgrade my Kremer unit. Not sure about the microphone as I already installed it. I think I took a few photos and posted them on where I placed the microphone for my RHD car.

However, as stated above the unit uses your BT to authenticate, well the model/software mine has installed; unless they have a later version available.
Hi Ponch,
My unit is freezing a lot at the moment and support from Kremer is non existent. I think using different firmware is my only way out as I don't have the password to download new roms on their website. Is your eng custom rom still working well?

121 - 140 of 164 Posts