Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Nice, I thought the 19s were enough, but I know there is a market for these.
On a side not though, who the eff prepped this car for the photoshoot? The right side bumper cutout isn’t even installed fully, lol.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I can't say I like them a lot, as I personally like to see a bit more tire, but that is everyone's taste. I would love to have the 19" version though.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,721 Posts
A little bit lighter than 5 holes, a little bit heavier than the Tecnicos. Wider rims than either, allowing for some sidewall stretch.

Looks like a way to get some weight reduction to go with your CCMs. I dunno about 80mm sidewalls though, especially on the road.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think they look good. But there's no way I'd want to be a guinea pig on these. I've never heard of AR Corsa before. I'd want to know more about who actually manufacturers the wheels first. They're probably not made AR Corsa themselves. So are AR Corsa just the distributors? Are other companies going to be selling the same wheels? Where are they actually made? What standards have they been tested/certified to?

The pre-order price of $2,727.20 isn't too bad I suppose considering what some other custom forged wheel sellers charge. But at full retail price of $3,896 it's getting into serious territory. I know everyone has different tastes and the OEM+ appearance is a big draw for these wheels. But $4k will buy you a lot of very high-quality forged aluminum wheels. Rays makes some of the best in the business but there are a number of wheel manufacturers that do private label for other brands. Some are much better than others. And I'd want to know those details so that I could make a more informed opinion about the relative value of these wheels from a functional standpoint. 5x110 PCD might be hard to find off the shelf, but any distributor willing to buy 50-100 sets of wheels can get them custom drilled for their particular application.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nice to see more options becoming available. 5x110 bolt pattern makes it tough

Still, I'd rather go say 19x10 front 19x11 rear to leave a little more sidewall while still being able to do a wider tire.

And yeah, it would be nice to know more about AR Corsa pedigree...

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have participated in a deal like this for wheels for my 930 turbo. I did the pre-order deal and while the wheels were eventually received and exceptional...it took forever to get them. the seller is hoping to get enough orders to build enough scale to get the project started and if the take rate is high enough...you get some cool wheels. if not...you wait...and you wait...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I’m not sure if it’s a plus or minus that they look so close to the OEM’s; you’d be hard pressed to notice them. If you like the five holes you can just get them with the car. I guess you can save a bit of weight and they may be forged but the Tecnicos are as well. I think people drawn to the 20”s for appearance probably will lean toward something that stands out as custom or aftermarket.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
One I missed: Forgeline has 2 piece wheels with a CF barrel in 20" (also 21"). Uncertain weight or price, but probably adjustable enough to fit Giulia as long as you can live with the 20" diameter and probably very light. Mix and match rim width and offset.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Update on the Forgeline offering: they now have a range of 19" wide barrels. About $3800/complete wheel. Still no specific weigh information, just a claim of 42% lighter than comparable aluminum wheels (barrel only, or the complete assembly? lightest wheel you can get in aluminum for $3800 each?).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts