Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of installing a BMC air fliter in my TI. Has anyone done this? Is it just a matter of remiving the four screws on top of the air box. Does it make the turbo sound or BPV more noticeable. At $80 seems like a simple way to increase air flow to the motor.

Thx

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am thinking of installing a BMC air fliter in my TI. Has anyone done this? Is it just a matter of remiving the four screws on top of the air box. Does it make the turbo sound or BPV more noticeable. At $80 seems like a simple way to increase air flow to the motor.

Thx
I was thinking about this prior to Eurocompulsion coming out with their intakes. I don't think it would hurt - can only help.

Here's the dilemma - if the filter is $80, and you want even better airflow, another $220 gets you the V1. Increased airflow, but same stock filter. If I were to purchase V1 plus an $80 BMC filter for better flow, then this equals almost the cost of the V2, so....

I'm going the route of the V2. Really depends on how much you want to spend I guess - looking to get the tune as well.... Exhaust? :surprise: Down the rabbit hole I go!!>:)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here is an earlier thread with a link to you tube install video

diy-alfa-romeo-giulia-installing-bmc-high-performance-air-filter

I have the V1 intake, decided not to go V2 because really don’t want to have to swap everything back to standard air box for every trip to dealer. I also didn’t want any additional intake noise. So while waiting for EC to sell a dry media filter for the Ti I decided to try the BMC. I separated the intake from the side of the air box rather than take the tube off because the V1 is less flexible than stock tube but the method shown may be better.

The BMC doesn’t allow any more intake noise but I was surprised that it made a perceptible difference to my butt dyno. But I am adding it to the V1 so I don’t know if it would make as much difference with the factory tube. I don’t love the fact that ithe BMC is oiled and do hope there is a dry media option in the future from a different vendor.

·
Registered
385 Posts
From Eric at Madness Autoworks.

“We run BMC Engine Air Filters in all of our own cars. Oiled cotton filters always flow better than factory paper filters, and the difference is more pronounced in turbocharged applications where there's a greater demand for air coming through the engine air filter. That typically translates to an improvement in performance and fuel efficiency (usually about 1-2%, sometimes more).”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts