Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just looking for thoughts. Our dealer has a white Quadrifoglio on the lot. They allowed me a test drive, and it already had about 70 miles on it. While leaving lot, the salesman got on it a bit. Obviously not up to temp yet. I drove it very gently for about 5 miles as it was late in evening. My wife and I returned that weekend for another drive. My cousin met us there with his '16 AMG 63 and we were in my '11 M3. Different salesman (all have been extremely kind, but this dude -zach- was epically cool. He took me on the best test drive I have ever been on. Chicanes, round abouts, sweepers .... I still babied the motor, as I am a firm believer in proper break in, but - as reported everywhere- the handling was amazing. Involving in a manner missing on many new cars. What made the day even better was that we all piled into the AMG and drove the same route with the salesman driving. He races a 1966 911, and drives well. I drove the AMG back. So I drove three awesome cars that day. Sorry for sidebar diary entry!!! My question is that now the car has 170 miles on it. Still on lot. The dealer has 4 more in transit. They all have CCM brakes which for me are an expensive and unnecessary option. I expressed my desire to order a 2018, and would do this, but order times and build times are questionable at this point. I am reluctant to purchase the white Quad, with these miles on it. Just looking for input. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My sidebar question: where are you located to have a dealership with potentially 5 Quadrifoglios on the lot?!?!

·
Registered
735 Posts
From the owner manual

"We recommend that during the initial
period, or during the first 1600 km
(1000 miles), you do not drive to full car
performance (e.g. excessive acceleration,
long journeys at top speed, sharp braking,
etc.)"

·
Registered
166 Posts
From the owner manual

"We recommend that during the initial
period, or during the first 1600 km
(1000 miles), you do not drive to full car
performance (e.g. excessive acceleration,
long journeys at top speed, sharp braking,
etc.)"
The thing is every car says that. Porsches say that, too, but then they roll brand new cars out on track all the time in their schools. I've talked to several of their school mechanics and instructors who say those precautions are now more about making the sure the driver and tires are ready, rather than the engine or the car itself.

Controversial topic still, but personally I stopped worrying about break in several cars ago. I've been on track hard with a 911 that has 78 miles on it when I first got in (tires already scrubbed). Granted, it wasn't mine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy to share! I'm in Albuquerque, NM. Alfa Romeo of Albuquerque. Tim Duke is the Alfa guy. I have seen Monroneys on the incoming cars, they look heavily optioned. The White one ticks all the boxes for me, but hard to pay 2,200 for paint when the car looks terrific in most any color. Let me know if I can help. I am keeping my eye on white one for now, but may still order a 2018. I saw the post regarding the new configurator, and sadly didn't see Misano blue for Quad in 2018.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The car will be sbsolutely fine. Do not fear buying it. To think otherwise is just silly.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Giulia Ti here, I paid $2200 for Rossi Competizione and I'm glad every time I'm walking toward the car, AND those times I sneak a look as I walk away. There is a depth and subtlety to those tri-coat paint jobs, that even the other metal flake cars don't have. My second choice would've been Montecarlo Blue, or Stromboli gray which are $600 extra. I believe the only colors that have no extra charge are Alfa Red, Alfa white and Alfa black. They are glossy finishes, but not metal flake. The car has the same shape, size, lines, etc., but doesn't "pop" like the other colors. For me, it was worth it. I found what I wanted on the lot and am very happy with it. A sun roof would've been a waste of money for me, because in central Ohio it's either too cold or too hot most of the time to use it. Last 4 cars had sun roof, opened them about 3 times per year. Didn't want to lose the headroom also, but that's me! I haven't seen Trofeo White in person but I am speaking to the difference between Alfa Red and Rosso Competizione. Far way from car, overcast skies or at night not much difference. Daylight, particularly a sunny day and the closer I get, the more I could appreciate the difference.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The car will be sbsolutely fine. Do not fear buying it. To think otherwise is just silly.
True, unless you really want Rosso Competizione :D

Attachments

Reactions: kanundrum

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Wouldn't worry about the test drives or mileage before purchase. The car will be fine!

Though, if this is a dream car purchase and you want to see the car being un-wrapped from the enclosed delivery truck... ordering is the way to go.

Either way you will be absolutely thrilled. The only difference is... time.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Wouldn't worry about the test drives or mileage before purchase. The car will be fine!

Though, if this is a dream car purchase and you want to see the car being un-wrapped from the enclosed delivery truck... ordering is the way to go.

Either way you will be absolutely thrilled. The only difference is... time.
OOooo I like the sound of that. In fact, I just made some trades this morning and have the down payment in my cash account. But I have to mow down my credit card debt. That starts on Wednesday with the home equity loan. A good tip from my adviser was to use some of the cash against the debt now too. Awe Yeah! May be able to order this summer. Hold me back guys! :D What's the best wait time nowadays for QV orders?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
3-8 months....... that should pretty much cover it......:grin2:
Yes! I'll know more after the checks arrive on Wednesday. My loan officer also reminded me that the loan works like a line of credit, so if I don'it use it, it's not on the balance.
0:)

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Alfa Romeo dealers are having a special. Buy now! Pay later!

Take advantage of it... they won't cash your deposit check until the car arrives.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Alfa Romeo dealers are having a special. Buy now! Pay later!

Take advantage of it... they won't cash your deposit check until the car arrives.
Now you are messing with us......:laugh:

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Now you are messing with us......:laugh:
Seriously??? Are you just messing with us???

:eek:

I can ask the salesman I know. He'll be happy to accept it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all very kindly for your input, I really appreciate it. I haven't asked for a discount on white one, but will plan on doing so if I decide to purchase it. One of the ones in transit may provide the "unwrapping" experience just have to get my head around CCM brakes! I will keep you all posted.
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Seriously. Nothing more than a $1k deposit will secure your custom order of the Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Woohoo! After considering everyone's advice- I have placed my order for a QUADRIFOGLIO as follows
Montecarlo blue
Ice with green/white contrast stitching
Dark teledial wheels
Yellow calipers
Upgrade stereo
Upgrade steering wheel
Driver assist
Manual transmission ..................dammit
Now we wait
Thanks for everyone's input.
I realize the break in thing is prob not a big deal, but I like the ritual of it ..... catholic upbringing. I can't wait to get to know this car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts