Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I have ad block for chrome but it runs ok with it turned off.

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Hey there

If you are having issues with video ads interfering your browsing on the site, please report them to us.

We'll need the following to help tech narrow down which one is misbehaving:
- your browser information
- if you are on a mobile device or desktop/laptop
- your general geo location (ie State) (I realize this may seem redundant since the info is in your profile, but you may be visiting relatives out of state, so we need to ask)
- the link from the ad (you don't have to open it, you can just right click and "copy link location", or a similar option depending on your browser)
- a screenshot (a full page, so we can see which placement it falls in)
- and for those that are really tech savvy, the ad call would be a HUGE help

Sorry for the trouble all! Your help in tracking these down is much appreciated!

Dayle

·
Vendor
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, I cannot do anything with the video playing as it plays over and over again and pulls me to the video. The page bounces all over the place. I get it playing once but over and over causing issues with the site is annoying. It's driving me nuts, it won't go away. Follows me everywhere.

Safari or Firefox, desktop, home.

this freakin video: http://phoenix.dignitymemorial.com/...um=video&utm_content=15s&utm_campaign=phoenix

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hey there

If you are having issues with video ads interfering your browsing on the site, please report them to us.

We'll need the following to help tech narrow down which one is misbehaving:
- your browser information
- if you are on a mobile device or desktop/laptop
- your general geo location (ie State) (I realize this may seem redundant since the info is in your profile, but you may be visiting relatives out of state, so we need to ask)
- the link from the ad (you don't have to open it, you can just right click and "copy link location", or a similar option depending on your browser)
- a screenshot (a full page, so we can see which placement it falls in)
- and for those that are really tech savvy, the ad call would be a HUGE help

Sorry for the trouble all! Your help in tracking these down is much appreciated!

Dayle
Thanks for that.

I consider myself as tech savvy, but can you explain this 'ad call' to me please.

I use Mozilla/Firefox without issue (usually). On other forums I do get caught up in the issues described by the OP. I think you guys own one of them, "4C Forum". The video ads are the worst, even when they do stay on the main page in their small box. They consume ALL the bandwidth and system resources making it difficult to load and navigate the content we come here for.

Mozilla/Firefox has a 'pop-up ad blocker' that can be turned on/off that seems to work well (usually).

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Thank you, Alfissimo - I've forwarded the details you provided to our techs for removal.

Racer Z,

What is an Ad Call - A call that is made by an users' browser to the ad server or ad exchange for an ad to display on a webpage. An ad call can be considered as a request from a client to a server for an ad, the call consists of the information like publisher ID, browser cookies, size, location,etc.

How to report this for removal - This is the best piece of evidence to help locate the source: right click on the ad itself and select either "inspect element" or "view frame source" (whichever you see). It will open up the console,*with the whole page source but it will highlight the ad code itself.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Natalie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts