Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the screenshot I attached, I'm on the last eco instrument cluster screen that shows my efficiency percents and I see 2 green bars.

I know the bottom green bar with white dot let's me know I'm in AE mode and the white dot tells me my average mpg, but does anyone know what the second smaller green bar does, the one that starts at 25 and stops just short of the half way point on the line?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
As per the screenshot I attached, I'm on the last eco instrument cluster screen that shows my efficiency percents and I see 2 green bars.

I know the bottom green bar with white dot let's me know I'm in AE mode and the white dot tells me my average mpg, but does anyone know what the second smaller green bar does, the one that starts at 25 and stops just short of the half way point on the line?

Thanks
Does the second smaller green bar move when your on and off the gas pedal? I would think that dot is showing the instant mpg and would move depending on how hard you press the pedal. Just a guess

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would think that dot is showing the instant mpg and would move depending on how hard you press the pedal.
If I’m understanding the User Guide correctly, I agree. Guide says it displays ‘current consumption’ and the green bar represents optimum range.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the second smaller green bar move when your on and off the gas pedal? I would think that dot is showing the instant mpg and would move depending on how hard you press the pedal. Just a guess
Not sure but interesting theory. I'll check it out next time I drive

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think it’s a visual representation of your testosterone level plummeting while using A mode >:)

Just kidding. I’m not sure either what exactly it is. I took a trip down to Brigantine NJ (150 miles) and got just over 30 mpg in the QV even with a few stops and some light traffic using A mode. Not too bad...

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I’m understanding the User Guide correctly, I agree. Guide says it displays ‘current consumption’ and the green bar represents optimum range.
That makes sense

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,721 Posts

Thanks
I drive a lot in A mode and never use that screen. It is too busy and "cutesy" to be useful IMO.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drive a lot in A mode and never use that screen. It is too busy and "cutesy" to be useful IMO.
Agreed. I only ever use the speedo view in all modes; but what still curious what the function was :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
528 Posts
Anyone know what the 4 white dots at the top center of the screen are? My car only has 2.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone know what the 4 white dots at the top center of the screen are? My car only has 2.
I have trip B turned on. That's why there are 4

·
Registered
80 Posts
4 white dots

the dots at the top show how many screens are available in that driving mode. if you set up a "trip odometer b" you will have an extra screen and an extra dot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
c'mon! somebody has got to know what that green bar is for in A mode. It does move up and down the MPG range bar and often it disappears entirely. I am fascinated by it. Maybe something to do with cylinder deactivation? can anyone ask Alfa?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The dots are pages like said above. The number of pages change depending on the package options and mode screen.

I think the little green bar may be a speed range between below 25 mph and 75 mph. Or maybe just miles. It is a lot like the old ribbon style gauges that were popular in military aircraft in the 70's and 80s. The FB-111 and C-5 had them but they were mechanical and not glass cockpit style.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
as an aside, was reading the trailer towing section in the stelvio manual - it said to use "Drive mode".
I guess if one is not driving they might want to use (N)on-drive mode, or (A)lmost driving.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think the little green bar is current average while the white is instant mpg. I have no idea what the 3 icons mean above the line, one shows a manual shift pattern and the other 2 car with left or right arrow which come and go and dance around. Never drove in A mode with this screen up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
c'mon! somebody has got to know what that green bar is for in A mode. It does move up and down the MPG range bar and often it disappears entirely. I am fascinated by it. Maybe something to do with cylinder deactivation? can anyone ask Alfa?

Hi - I responded to this earlier in the thread. Per the manual, the smaller green bar represents an 'optimal area' or range and the dot within it shows your current consumption. So...my understanding is that it's basically showing you the range you should try to keep the dot in for 'optimal' efficiency. It changes size and position because your optimum range is going to change based on your braking, accelerating and shifting.

Re: the 3 icons, (and again, per the manual) they're showing effectiveness of those 3 driving parameters, with a view towards limiting consumption. So...the higher your dot is in the range/optimal area, the more 'efficient' you are, apparently. When I was actually able to drive my QV, I was nervous about keeping the consumption dot in the optimal range for too long, fearing that the car might suddenly turn into a Prius ;-)

Page 63 of the 2k18 QV manual.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts