Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been using the Chrysler window sticker online tool to find various Giulias that have the option packages I want. One key one is the Performance pack with the adjustable suspension and more importantly, the mechanical LSD. Love the adjustable suspension in my Cooper S.

Anyways. I've noticed that some cars that have the Performance package, don't have the small button in the DNA switch for the suspension selection, while others do. I have about 25 cars saved that supposedly all have the performance package, and a handful of them have dealer pics that don't show it.

Anyone know what's up?

·
Registered
242 Posts
They could be reusing pics from other cars.
The button in the middle of the DNA rotary switch actually softens the suspension back to normal mode and only functions when you are in D mode. It's been called a bumpy road switch.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Has anyone driven both the standard Ti and one with adjustable suspension? How much of a difference is there on the Ti Q2/Q4? Salesmen have claimed it's tough to tell the difference but that may have been due to lack of adjustable suspension vehicles on-the-lot I think. Would love some feedback if anyone's driven both?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They could be reusing pics from other cars.
The button in the middle of the DNA rotary switch actually softens the suspension back to normal mode and only functions when you are in D mode. It's been called a bumpy road switch.
That's actually fantastic. Often times in the Mini I like going to sport mode where it sharpens throttle, stiffens suspension, and weights the steering, but sometimes I want that throttle response and weight but without the stiff suspension. I can setup the mode so that the suspension doesn't get hard when going into Sport, but that's no fun. So being able to drop it back down to a softer mode on demand is great.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I drove two cars back-to-back. Both awd ti cars. To begin, the little shock absorber indicator on the DNA switch can only be seen when the car is running, and even then, I believe, when you select the firm setting. Or maybe it illuminates more brightly when firm is selected. I don't remember. Also, to be honest, it was not the best A-B test scenario. We only had the 1st car (with the adjustable shocks) for about 30-40 minutes and it was only slower speeds and stop and go driving. For that driving period, the soft was not too soft, and the firm was not too firm. That car also had the sport seats that were very uncomfortable for us. The second car had the Lusso seats (much much better) but no Performance Package. Back to car #1. I have nothing negative to say about either the soft or the firm setting. It is not a drastic difference, imo. I will be ordering the Performance Package with the adjustable shocks on our awd Ti.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To begin, the little shock absorber indicator on the DNA switch can only be seen when the car is running, and even then, I believe, when you select the firm setting. Or maybe it illuminates more brightly when firm is selected.
That right there is probably it! I went back and looked at the dealer pics of the cars that I had questioned, sure enough they aren't turned on when the pics are taken. I'll just have to trust the window sticker for sure. :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
As correctly pointed out, the damper pictogram only lights up in Dynamic mode, which is when you can press it to soften the suspension back to the base calibration, rather than the stiffer one, à la Ferrari.

You can also tell whether a car has active suspension by looking at the engine bay. Cars with electronic suspension have cables coming out of the rubber damper caps sticking out from the turrets, and have two body accelerometers right next to the hood latches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts