Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4C
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had adjustable ARB links done for the 4C and now we made similar for the Giulia version. Jason @Alfissimo has a set to see in person.

We are currently waiting a backorder of rubber boots and then we can assemble first batch.

Motor vehicle Font Auto part Fashion accessory Metal

P.S.: I hope I can get own Giulia QV next year so we can truly start modding this wonderful car. I had a chance to drove in one as a passenger on a track past week and I must say that the car has potential, but the weight is killing it. The brakes and tires are begging for mercy after 2-3 laps. It needs a hefty diet to make this car track-worthy. The QV lapped 10s slower per lap than our 4C, with almost double the hp of 4C. It just can't hide the weight. It's still a lot of car for given price though. 500hp for 45k€ used QV. Not bad.

·
Vendor
Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia QV CCM
4,632 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was constantly looking to see the next launches, me being a very happy user for +25k km of the GMS Camber kit.
Since I am not at all technical, I would really like to understand the benefits that I can gain with this new kit, as well if it’s suited to Veloce models as well (not lowered yet). Thx!

·
Registered
4C
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be completely honest. We did this adjustable ARB links for the 4C as OEM one's were not available separately and we needed a more "profi" solution for our newly designed ARB's for the 4C. Because the ones for Giulia don't differ much from 4C, we did a few changes and have now them available for Giulia as well. These parts alone won't yield any faster lap times, like camber / caster kit does, but if you're running lowered Giulia, you're probably preloading the ARB's unnecessarily. Because OEM ARB's are mounted in the rubber bushings they have narrow range of movement of tilting up / down before the rubber bushings generate binding. This is not critical, but it is unwanted effect in the terms of suspension performance. With GMS adjustable ARB links, you can adjust the height and lower or zero out the preload on the ARB's, to make the suspension perform at it's best, without unnecessary binding. I'm also certain GMS adjustable ARB links will outlast OEM parts. But the thing you all probably want to hear is that my first thing I will look into when I get my hands on Giulia, are GMS SLR Adjustable stabilizers / swaybars / antiroll bars, similar to what we have designed for the 4C. CNC bend, hollowed CrMo tubing with alu brackets and ErtalyteTX bushings. Weight - 2779g front (w/ GMS ARB links), 3419g rear (w/ GMS ARB links).

Font Auto part Titanium
Yellow Musical instrument Guitar accessory Font Music

·
Registered
122 Posts
To be completely honest. We did this adjustable ARB links for the 4C as OEM one's were not available separately and we needed a more "profi" solution for our newly designed ARB's for the 4C. Because the ones for Giulia don't differ much from 4C, we did a few changes and have now them available for Giulia as well. These parts alone won't yield any faster lap times, like camber / caster kit does, but if you're running lowered Giulia, you're probably preloading the ARB's unnecessarily. Because OEM ARB's are mounted in the rubber bushings they have narrow range of movement of tilting up / down before the rubber bushings generate binding. This is not critical, but it is unwanted effect in the terms of suspension performance. With GMS adjustable ARB links, you can adjust the height and lower or zero out the preload on the ARB's, to make the suspension perform at it's best, without unnecessary binding. I'm also certain GMS adjustable ARB links will outlast OEM parts. But the thing you all probably want to hear is that my first thing I will look into when I get my hands on Giulia, are GMS SLR Adjustable stabilizers / swaybars / antiroll bars, similar to what we have designed for the 4C. CNC bend, hollowed CrMo tubing with alu brackets and ErtalyteTX bushings. Weight - 2779g front (w/ GMS ARB links), 3419g rear (w/ GMS ARB links).

View attachment 135510 View attachment 135511
If you need, I send you the stock 2.0 ARBs :)
I’m now got a QV ARB on the front 32.5mm and I have stock 2.0 ARB 27.5mm in my garage(which is useless to storage ) :)
For the rear I’m planning to putting carabineri spec ARB .

photos

·
Vendor
Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia QV CCM
4,632 Posts
If you need, I send you the stock 2.0 ARBs :)
I’m now got a QV ARB on the front 32.5mm and I have stock 2.0 ARB 27.5mm in my garage(which is useless to storage ) :)
For the rear I’m planning to putting carabineri spec ARB .

photos
Do you know the difference in size of the carabineri ARB? I am going to stock some GTA Rear ARB's, I have them on order.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you know the difference in size of the carabineri ARB? I am going to stock some GTA Rear ARB's, I have them on order.
Looking from the outside, there would be no difference however, it seems to be more rigid on the mounting components (carabineri spec is the same ARB as the Stelvio rear ARB) …
I know that GTA/GTAm have a special rear ARB while the front is the same as QV…
I will send you photos when I install it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts