Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 2018 Giulia Ti Sport. I love the car from the front, but would love to add something to the fender. Maybe an Italian flag or sticker or emblem. Any advice or pictures people can share?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a brand new 2018 Giulia Ti Sport. I love the car from the front, but would love to add something to the fender. Maybe an Italian flag or sticker or emblem. Any advice or pictures people can share?
I was originally going to purchase the triangular Italian flag badge from madness autoworks but then changed my mind! From what I’ve seen most people oppose the extra badging but I’m curious to see how it would look if you do get it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Keep it clean and simple.

Reactions: Gianfranco

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I’ve actually ordered a pair of small, green cloverleaf on black carbon fiber weave tri-lobe badges for my Ti Sport’s flanks, so I understand the impulse. I’ve not received them yet, and the car is in the shop for collision repair, so the impulse is all I’ve got right now!

I’d prefer Alfa specific iconography to country flag badges, which run more risk of being cheesy, IMO, and have no chance of looking stock...which could be a good thing if custom is what you want.

The round Alfa badge could be cool, especially on the rocker in front of the rear wheel, and of course the Quad emblem on the front fender is a classic. Alfa script might work, too, especially modernized with some matte Plastidip before application. The Veloce designation is out there, too.

Also, consider what could be done with vinyl graphics. There’s a guy who did a color-matched biscione on his rear doors at a jaunty angle which looks pretty neat, so that concept has merit, though you’re probably going in on a larger scale to avoid it looking like just a sticker.

11 years ago, I put small Porsche crests on the front fenders of my 928, and I’ve never regretted it once.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
That looks pretty good, IMO. Discreet, elegant...

·
Registered
69 Posts
To each his own... Until I joined this forum I didnt realize people did this to anything but 20 year old Honda Accords and Civics. So it's been tough for me to make the mental leap that adding a few $10 decals (or anything that looks like it should cost $10 even if it is several hundred) helps beautify a new premium sedan styled as beautifully as our Giulias have been. It might also depend on how long you plan on keeping the car - the initial application might be good but is what you are adding going to look good in 5 years?

But I do value the "Personal" part of Personal Transportation - so if it looks good to you shouldn't need our input :)

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
The badges I was talking about earlier arrived today. They seem a bit large, but I'll play with them when my car is back from the body shop and see if they make any sense. If they don't, no big deal.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Those are same size as QV badges, I have an aluminum one in the area next to rear licence plate, once you put them on the car they will not seem large

·
Registered
414 Posts
The badges I was talking about earlier arrived today. They seem a bit large, but I'll play with them when my car is back from the body shop and see if they make any sense. If they don't, no big deal.

What color is your Giulia?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Those are same size as QV badges, I have an aluminum one in the area next to rear licence plate, once you put them on the car they will not seem large
As much as the physical size, it's also the size/quality ratio.

The clover is painted in a metallic green on the CF, under the clearcoat, and while the effect of the clover floating over the weave is pretty cool, it's just a simple, painted clover, not a piece of artisan craftsmanship, so I wouldn't want it on show too much!

I don't imagine I'd put it up high on the fender like the QV has it, but maybe it'd be nifty down low, at just above hub-center height, right behind the front wheel. I dunno. I'll see.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I had the aluminum ones on my Ti for a while and love it, everyone keeps asking about the cloverleaf and it nicely fills in the empty fender space.
Those definitely have a richer look than the carbon fiber ones I purchased. I may reconsider my plans.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Where are they from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
1 - 20 of 161 Posts