Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm curious, how much will it cost to add the CCB after you already have the car? Would it be cheaper than the $8k Alfa is charging if you purchase from a 3rd party vendor?

I don't have the cash to drop for the option at the moment and don't want to pay the extra interest. I'm thinking about using up to stock brakes and then upgrading later on when I have the cash.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I'm interested in what the 8k covers, is it just pads and rotors or some entirely new set up?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,462 Posts
Could conceivably be a lot of parts involved and labor to install them, plus software. Might be easier to upgrade the whole car at a later date and get whatever additional improvements that brings.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
just the hardware and of course profit....
I believe however that the CCB rotors are larger front to rear than the stock Brembos...
Yes it does appear that way. In between though, we may be able to play with pad compound on the steel rotors. Just a guess. I'm not worried about it at all. Steel is fine for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't have the money for carbon ceramic brakes will you have the money to track your car?
I only go to the track at most 2 times a year and only for a day so yeah. My nearest track is 3 hours away so that prevents me from going more frequently.

I could drop the money but I'm just thinking of all the other things I can do with $8k besides getting better brakes. I could get a motorcycle, travel, do renovations to my place etc.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
I only go to the track at most 2 times a year and only for a day so yeah. My nearest track is 3 hours away so that prevents me from going more frequently.

I could drop the money but I'm just thinking of all the other things I can do with $8k besides getting better brakes. I could get a motorcycle, travel, do renovations to my place etc.

@Robbie you just answered your own question!:grin2: or for 2k you can go to a good driving school and learn how to truly enjoy your Alfa>:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just the hardware and of course profit....
I believe however that the CCB rotors are larger front to rear than the stock Brembos...
Yes it does appear that way. In between though, we may be able to play with pad compound on the steel rotors. Just a guess. I'm not worried about it at all. Steel is fine for me.
I also think the steel ones have enough stopping power. The only reason I really wanted the carbon brakes are because of the brake dust.

I'm getting the dark wheels so aesthetic isn't that much of a concern but I heard that brake dust is acidic and will ruin the finish on the wheels and the lower paint.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
@Robbie you just answered your own question!:grin2: or for 2k you can go to a good driving school and learn how to truly enjoy your Alfa>:)
Professore is absolutely correct!
Spend the money on driving/racing schools and you won't need CCB........ after all, brakes only slow you down......>:)

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
The pricing of buying the ceramic brakes ala cart is ridiculously more expensive by like a 1.5x factor. Better to buy the package as a part of the car from the factory. Looked into it earlier this year.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Much less brake dust !!! Big difference for the basic ownership experience....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Buying CCB just to avoid brake dust? LOL, that's a new one to me.

I don't know how I'll ever manage enjoying washing the car, and wheels...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Dark wheels and no dust

The combination of dark wheels and no dust has been life altering !!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Over on the Corvette forum, they are going with Powerstop pads to eliminate brake dust and the results have been very good. For about $150 you can replace all your brake pads and be dust free. However you would have to call Powerstop to see if they have pads for the Giulia.

Or, you could ceramic coat your wheels and the dust just sprays off with water.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
but doesn't the acidic brake dust eventually compromise the ceramic coating applied to alloy wheels ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts