Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,071 Posts
Hmmm possibly also help with 60ft time? Or not recommended to neutral drop into first by revving to 3k?
That seems unlikely to be a good idea. A better approach would be to figure out how to implement a transbrake. Maybe @Alfissimo has some ideas on this?
Dodge Charger has a transbrake option, using a beefed up version of the same transmission. I believe that it is "just" a matter of sending the right commands to the TCM. OTOH, Giulia is not a dragster, what is the point?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
More questions. Will this double pull neutral, stay in neutral when the ignition is turned off and the door is opened and then closed? If, let's say, the engine dies while driving, will the double pull engage neutral with, ignition on engine off, allowing vehicle to be pushed off the road? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Amazing. Two questions:

1: in manual mode will it return to the gear you were previously in, or the appropriate gear (as if it were in auto)?

2: does the car go into AS/S in neutral?
1. goes into the appropriate gear - very seamless
2. I currently have racemode instslled and it works fine with it. Don't see why it wouldn't work with a tune.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts
Sorry,
2. was about auto stop-start. So faar I have not seen it stop the motor in this mode. Anyone else?
Mine hasn't worked since after my last track day last year at BIR, so I would not be able to test. LOL. She's only happy after being flogged.

·
Registered
543 Posts
While this is cool, I guess I don't see the benefit of shifting in and out of neutral while driving an auto, save for the novelty. I would personally pay to be able to shift out of park into R and D with the paddles, as that would add to the exotic feel.

I also feel like it would only add to the already high wear and tear on my paddles. My upshift paddle already feels noticeably spongier than my downshift.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
While this is cool, I guess I don't see the benefit of shifting in and out of neutral while driving an auto, save for the novelty. I would personally pay to be able to shift out of park into R and D with the paddles, as that would add to the exotic feel.
I'll agree on shifting to neutral while driving - you got auto gearbox, why would you want to shift to neutral. coasting won't do any good to your mpg or anything. and programming on modern auto gearboxes is pretty clever. for example you need to be really good driver to beat modern CVT gearbox mpg.
as for the rest of you wishes - it does it all what you want. no matter where your gearbox is pulling both paddles at same time puts into N, pulling [+] puts into D.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts

I also feel like it would only add to the already high wear and tear on my paddles. My upshift paddle already feels noticeably spongier than my downshift.
Here are some reasons...

Rev engine to show off sweet sounding exhaust
I believe you can get from P to 1 by clicking + paddle
Neutral after exiting a track in order to coast and cool down brakes. Using the shifter is not fun, and I don't want to goof up, so the double paddle pull is nice and convenient.

·
Registered
88 Posts

You can shift into D with the + paddle now

·
Registered
88 Posts
To the OP, and everyone subscribed!

THIS IS SO AWESOME

I just did it in the parking lot at work and damn i love it hahah

I have the squadra tune, race mode, go pedal downpipe and exhaust installed, and now this! Absolutely love it!

thank you all so much!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Here are some reasons...

Rev engine to show off sweet sounding exhaust
I believe you can get from P to 1 by clicking + paddle
Neutral after exiting a track in order to coast and cool down brakes. Using the shifter is not fun, and I don't want to goof up, so the double paddle pull is nice and convenient.
Shifting into D is enough for me to finally pick an MES kit. The only one Alfissimo has in stock is "Wifi Interface (ISO only)". Will that give me everything I need, assuming my vehicle has no SGW?

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

well you can shift into drive drom park with the right paddle so there you go! I don't think you can shift into reverse. Any of our non-NAFTA members want to chime in?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Shifting into D is enough for me to finally pick an MES kit. The only one Alfissimo has in stock is "Wifi Interface (ISO only)". Will that give me everything I need, assuming my vehicle has no SGW?
I have this and it works great.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts