Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says, just pulled the trigger on the QV this past Friday and added her to the stable with the Ti Q4. She's a 2017, and the dealer gave me a decent deal. >:) Now to just get over those initial 1k miles! Sorry for the quality/sideways phone pix - I think they turn right-side up when clicked on.

Only faux pas was the front plate - they drilled it into the car (This is after I spoke with my salesman and we decided to do the tow hook) - lack of communication or whatever but they messed up... :|

Also thanks to Chris at Eurocompulsion for the advice on initial break in. Took her back to the dealer yesterday to get the windows tinted!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Don't let them get away with drilling it. Let them replace it.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
that's fantastic congrats! Think you're the first to own two Giulias? Still considering doing this myself please let me know the honest opinion as you experience further!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
that's fantastic congrats! Think you're the first to own two Giulias? Still considering doing this myself please let me know the honest opinion as you experience further!
Thanks! I think there's another member on here who has both as well though - I remember reading he bought his wife the Ti, and got himself a Quad. Absolutely, I'll share.

Initial thoughts for 2 days of driving (thru break-in of course) are..

1. I've got the Tune/V2 on the Q4 and initial pickup seem same (very smooth). Once up a bit higher in RPM, WOW. The Quad pulls just much more ferociously. I love the feeling of being pushed back in my seat (got her up t o 5500 rpm).

2. There's a bit of a rumble feel to her- She ever so slightly shakes when stopped - almost like there's a beast living underneath...

3. Stability - I feel she's just more planted/heavier on the road. The Ti is definitely a great handling car, but this feels more confidence inspiring. One thing I will do is swap out the summer tires for Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons as here in the midwest, we've got some silly weather and I'd rather be safe than sorry....

4. Race Mode - haven't even tried it yet other than switched to hear the exhaust... >:) Sounds Amazing. My sales guy said there was another Quad he sold and the new owner totaled it due to being in Race Mode (everything turns off - stability/traction control I think)... So that's a bit scary. Not looking to lose my baby. I may need to take a driving course before messing with Race mode.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
thanks for the initial thoughts, exciting! You have to try that Race Mode, but having owned a RWD without traction in the past, be careful... ESPECIALLY in the damp (that's when it got me by surprise). Be interested as to how often you use her too. I'm thinking 'the other' would be weekend/tracks only. Was even looking at Radicals yesterday but that limits me to driving to car meets ;D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats!

Certainly don't rush into trying race mode, it's very dangerous to put it bluntly.

I have to ask though... why do you need two 4 door saloons?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yours is the first I heard that they drilled it. My dealer attached it with ties until the plate adapter came.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats!

Certainly don't rush into trying race mode, it's very dangerous to put it bluntly.

Thanks! Good question- the Q4 is a lease which will be up in about another year, QV was a purchase. Need the 4 doors due to family - wifey would kill me if I got a 2 door - plus the QV only comes in 4 doors for now so there was no choice - only available option! :grin2:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congrats!

Strange. I don’t find race mode very dangerous. Compared to other high powered rear drive cars I have driven, I find the QV very planted and stable. That being said, I don’t suddenly lift off or floor it in corners.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Thanks! Good question- the Q4 is a lease which will be up in about another year, QV was a purchase. Need the 4 doors due to family - wifey would kill me if I got a 2 door - plus the QV only comes in 4 doors for now so there was no choice - only available option! :grin2:
You get the 4C, she gets the Ti.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
4C is gorgeous - I've had the pleasure of sitting in one at the Dealership... I'm getting old though - the thought of squeezing myself in/out isn't so appealing as it would have been in my 20's or 30's. Certainly an amazing automobile!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very cool, looks great. I can't wait until my Ti Q4 comes in so I could add it to my Alfa stable.. Congrats...

·
Registered
573 Posts
4C is gorgeous - I've had the pleasure of sitting in one at the Dealership... I'm getting old though - the thought of squeezing myself in/out isn't so appealing as it would have been in my 20's or 30's. Certainly an amazing automobile!
Love the looks of the 4C and the CF tub. Was looking at one in my dealets showroom the other day. Opened driver door, looked down into it, and shut the door. My mind could figure out the details of getting my long legged 6 foot 3 self in and then out of it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats! I also have a Vulcano Black QV and I love it. It's dark, sleek, and menacing at night but then the metallic is gorgeous in direct sunlight. The only bad part is keeping it clean.

As for race mode, it can be dangerous if you're not used to a rwd with a lot of power. Accelerating too much out of a turn is a splendid way to lose the rear end pretty easily. Never had that problem with my Honda Civic or Mazda 3 ha. I don't use it very often because partially because it's been raining for 6 months straight, and also because I'm not confident enough in my abilities. I am signed up for a high performance driving course at the end of May though, so hopefully I'll learn a thing or two. All of that being said, give it a try! It turns the car into an absolute monster and tightens everything up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts