Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2 JTD Squadra Massimo 242HP!
115 Posts
Search for this : 0156146359 found it here in The Netherlands..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, a new forum member here. I can see that you wrote a part number for the Giulia but it seems that it is incorrect, since once you look it up, it shows that these are the buttons for right side of the steering wheeling for the Stelvio. Since I want to order the ACC button or the whole left side panel with buttons for the Giulia. The end question would be, what is the part number for the ACC button (or whole left panel) for the Giulia?

Thank you for your answer in advance.
Yes the number in post # 1 is wrong ... the number in the post above is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rohit

·
Registered
192 Posts
In person I added ACC to around 40 cars (EMEA cars all have FCW and LDA so only button swap and activation) last year, however all cars were 2016-19. I have now guy asking me about MY2020 to retrofit ACC. I wonder if anybody activated such in these cars. Surely buttons are different part number than for pre MY2020 (I will check later what, can advise here if anybody interested), but I wanted to confirm if activation is the same? Any other options can also be activated like lane keep the same easily? The guy woudl come from 200km away, so I do not want to drag him to my workshop for failing attempt and waste his and my time. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone! Just got my 2018 Giulia Veloce Q4 from US, it comes without radar and front camera, however it does have a common cruise control. Can you please help me with correct list of parts, which I need to order to get my cruise to active cruise retrofit done? Thanks!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi everyone! Just got my 2018 Giulia Veloce Q4 from US, it comes without radar and front camera, however it does have a common cruise control. Can you please help me with correct list of parts, which I need to order to get my cruise to active cruise retrofit done? Thanks!
I don't think or at least haven't heard if somebody retrofited ACC to car without camera and radar sensor.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the camera, but I don't have the radar unit.
The radar unit is made by Bosch, and several
manufacturers use the exact same part number,
and have the same pin connector. (makes sense)
I have found used ones on eBay for as little as $80.

What I don't see is an electrical harness or connector
anywhere near where the unit gets mounted.

Has anyone just added the radar unit?
How did you connect it to the car?

·
Registered
108 Posts
strongly doubt it. you can't have front camera without radar sensor.
There is a camera in front of my review mirror,
that looks out of the windshield.
Isn't that where the front camera is installed on the car?
I would post a picture, but I have gotten that far as to how to post a picture.

·
Registered
615 Posts
There is a camera in front of my review mirror,
that looks out of the windshield.
Isn't that where the front camera is installed on the car?
I would post a picture, but I have gotten that far as to how to post a picture.
if there is camera then there should be radar sensor. if either of them is missing then either someone replaced windshield with camera opening or after crash didn't put radar sensor.

·
Registered
192 Posts
strongly doubt it. you can't have front camera without radar sensor.
They should go together, but I heard about one US car which was setup without LDW/stalks with LDW button, but had camera and wiring

The radar unit is made by Bosch, and several
manufacturers use the exact same part number,
and have the same pin connector. (makes sense)
I have found used ones on eBay for as little as $80.
Even the used one from Giulia won't work - they are VIN locked, and standard tools like dealers have or we have (MES etc) nor even most of guys who unlocks these Bosch radars were able to unlock it. I heard about cases of unlock of used radar but with engineering tools nearly nobody has available.
I wouldn't consider even swapping Giulia vs Stelvio anyway - they may have different presets, other brands will be different firmwares so totally incompattible/unsafe even if you were able to unlock them first IMHO.

·
Registered
615 Posts
They should go together, but I heard about one US car which was setup without LDW/stalks with LDW button, but had camera and wiring
interesting. never seen nor heard about such car. but you never know. had couple cars where radar sensor wasn't installed due to cost so switched it to regular cruise control but LDW option remained working as it had camera

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, there isn't a question as to whether my car has a front camera or not... it does.
But it definitely does not have the radar unit in the front bumper, and it's the original windshield,
and the car has never been in an accident.

My friends MY2018 is set up the same way; camera, no radar unit.
The only options the two cars have in common are the static pkg.
Just guessing, could it be they build cars with the static pkg this way,
as maybe it's easier to add the dynamic package further down the assembly line?

Does the static package use the front camera for something?
Isn't the front camera needed to incorporate the auto high beams?
Since my car has the camera, can I add the lane departure warning LDW,
or do I also need the radar unit to do that?

Anyway, ACC isn't that important to me.
I thought if it was a relatively easy update, I would entertain doing it.
But, I can see it's not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there any guaranteed way to ensure what parts I do have, and what I don't? because now I began to doubt maybe I have a camera too)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Is there any guaranteed way to ensure what parts I do have, and what I don't? because now I began to doubt maybe I have a camera too)
if you have front camera, on windshield there will be triangle shaped "window" #1 and inside you'll see camera lens.
to see if you have radar you can remove cover #2 and check for it's presence.

@Richo8657 to enable auto high beam it's enough to have camera. to enable LDW you need camera and stalk with LDW button.

·
Registered
192 Posts
if one needs I have number of LDW stalks for Giulia & Stelvio new and used - got them spare since I was buying whole parts for getting flappy paddles. PM me if anybody needs specific.I can ship worldwide, and have both economy and priority Fedex in decent price (for stalks probably economy will work due to bigger box size)

61 - 75 of 75 Posts