Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Finially did this install. Definitely did need the right steering wheel switch - not just changing the cover over the switch button. The guidance from the links on this site to changing a steering wheel were invaluable - for example, removing the th wires from the airbagwere beyond me until I saw how they unclip. also, how much effort it takes to remove the plastic trim piece on the from of the steering wheel from the two rubber attachment points at the corners of the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock arms was surprising. I wouldn't have had the balls to separate the trim with that much force if I hadn;'t seen the video showing that there was no other technique.

Thanks to a huge amount of help from shpuncik and Jefizz was able to get the proxy alignment to go through smoothly. I found that it was best to do it with my car battery actively hooked to a charger through the terminals under the hood.

Now this tech is SOOO nice. I know its not new - even my wife's 2014 cadillac had it, but it is a huge upgrade from standard cruise control. Absolutely love it. super intuitive and effective so far. So happy to have actually made the car work better!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finially did this install. Definitely did need the right steering wheel switch - not just changing the cover over the switch button. The guidance from the links on this site to changing a steering wheel were invaluable - for example, removing the th wires from the airbagwere beyond me until I saw how they unclip. also, how much effort it takes to remove the plastic trim piece on the from of the steering wheel from the two rubber attachment points at the corners of the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock arms was surprising. I wouldn't have had the balls to separate the trim with that much force if I hadn;'t seen the video showing that there was no other technique.

Thanks to a huge amount of help from shpuncik and Jefizz was able to get the proxy alignment to go through smoothly. I found that it was best to do it with my car battery actively hooked to a charger through the terminals under the hood.

Now this tech is SOOO nice. I know its not new - even my wife's 2014 cadillac had it, but it is a huge upgrade from standard cruise control. Absolutely love it. super intuitive and effective so far. So happy to have actually made the car work better!!
dear friend, may you please share link of the video you mentioned above about detaching the buttons? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
This is the video. He doesn't really linger on the detachment of the tabs from the corners, but it's clear that there is no clip, screw, it hidden technique. Just be firm, slow, and deliberate. If you're not careful I'm sure it could crack. Here is the video link:

·
Registered
36 Posts

Finally fitted the ACC switch along with the red start button today thanks to all the tips pics and info on the forum.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was thinking of retrofitting this on my Giulia - but I can't seem to find the part number 156130459 anywhere?
(It seems wasteful to order a complete steering wheel just for this).

Anyone have a link to some shop that ships to Europe/EU (Netherlands)?

·
Registered
615 Posts
go to dealer. buttons are not so expensive. and for Giulia I think P/N is FCA 156122843 or 156146359 and Mopar 6FM40LXHAA.
156130459 should be for Stelvio with hill descent button.

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2 JTD Squadra Massimo 242HP!
115 Posts
I was thinking of retrofitting this on my Giulia - but I can't seem to find the part number 156130459 anywhere?

Krish, if you find cheap solution for this keep me posted please! From netherlands to haha. I Would like to hear what you needed to buy for this to work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
go to dealer. buttons are not so expensive. and for Giulia I think P/N is FCA 156122843 or 156146359 and Mopar 6FM40LXHAA.
156130459 should be for Stelvio with hill descent button.
My 3rd year service is coming up in less 2 months, so I'll ask my dealer about this. It gives them some time to order it/get it shipped - if they are willing to help of course.

Thanks for the part numbers, that certainly helps!

Krish, if you find cheap solution for this keep me posted please! From netherlands to haha. I Would like to hear what you needed to buy for this to work.
@Rohit, I'll update this thread when I hear back from the dealer. Will be contacting them in a couple of weeks to make an appointment for the 3rd year service.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's what mine says:

View attachment 94658
This is very strange. Rear cross-path detection wasn’t even offered for my car: the MY20 configurator does not mention it. And even though I have L2 autonomy, I verified with the build sheet and the Monroney that rear cross-path detection is nowhere to be found. In fact, it’s one of my few functional disappointments that for all of the car’s tech, it does not have that one very useful feature. Now it seems like it was on earlier model years but was dropped for MY20? On the surface it does not make sense.

Note: MY20 does not have a “Driver Assistance Static Package”; the closest is the “Active Blind Spot Package” with active blind-spot assist and the auto-dimming mirrors.

Edit: Maybe I do have it(?). The Owner’s Manual includes it, though there are so many questionable items in the manual I don’t take it as Truth. Hmmm...

·
Registered
36 Posts

Giulia part no is 0156146359

Reactions: Rohit

·
Registered
36 Posts
@Krish

Called my alfa dealer in Eindhoven costs are 73.10 euro for this part.
Definitely a worthwhile investment ...

Once enabled, the additional switch only changes the set distance from the car in front. I haven’t yet changed that from the 4 lines setting (maximum distance) as I’m comfortable with that range when cruise control can a set.

I never really bothered with cruise control but now find myself using that and lane assist a lot more on long stretches of carriageway, let’s hope I don’t fall asleep as I could end up in the North Sea

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want it you can have it. Just needs to have radar sensor in front lower bumper. ( I have all parts available). Good time to change start button to red one (also stocked).

A little guide of how to install it:

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Well first you need the steering wheel buttons with ACC button EPER part number is: 156130459, Giulia 156122838
also you need to have the front radar and camera, the procedure is the same for the Giulia :)

0. If you don't want to remove the battery power it is best to leave your key away from the car so it doesn't go into standby mode. Also if you car has SGW you will need a few additional steps.

1. You need to remove your steering wheel airbag. There is a clip accessible from the bottom of the airbag with a flat screw driver..you press it with the screw driver and then the airbag should come off. They are cables attached to the airbag so be careful and you also should remove them.

2. Disconnect all cables.

3. Remove steering wheel from the car, will be much easier to work this way. Then unscrew the 3 screws on the back...one behind each buttons panel and one in the bottom of the steering wheel. Then working on the bottom part of the steering wheel you need to detach the plastic cover that looks like aluminum using a a plastic screw driver for clips or something similar BUT becareful not to damage the leather on the steering wheel. They are two big plastic clips almost in the middle of the steering wheel located below the airbag. Carefully detach them.

4. Once you have the plastic cover removed you can remove the buttons. Maybe it is a good idea to install the red start stop button if you want, at this time. Buttons have their own wiring so be careful with that as well. Take your time and don't rush ,it is not a very hard job.

5. Replace buttons with the new ones. Then put everything back together.

6. Connect Multiecuscan to your ABS and check that you have your steering wheel at 0.00degrees

7. Turn on the car without starting the engine, connect Multiecuscan (MES) and go to Proxi alignment.

8. In the part where you see that you have the cruise control enabled...disable it. Go to to adaptive cruise control and enable it.

9. Do the proxi alignment. It is best to use Wifi Cantier interface (meaning latest version of the interface that has both wifi and BT) with MES as ELM327 or other interfaces might fail at some modules.

10. When the proxi alignment finishes you will have error codes in some ECUs and you need adaptation of the ABS ecu. At this point the car is in safety mode and you won't be able to move it!!! Don't freak out. BUT for just in case everything goes to ****, park the car somewhere where it can stay until the tow truck comes.

11. Go to ABS ecu and go to parameters. Check that steering wheel is at 0.00 degress meaning 100% in the center not turn left or right...then go to adjustments and do steering wheel reset.

12. After that do a brake pressure reset.

13. Also do YAW sensors reset.

14. Delete DTCs erros in the ABS unit

15. Switch off the car and wait a few mins.

16. Turn on the car again and go to engine ecu delete DTCs there as well. After the proxi alignment is finished you will have erros in many ecus. (your engine might start to shake a little....don't freak out :) in most cases it doesn't. Thing is that engine is loosing connection to ABS unit, to say it short and some other stuff.

17. After deleting dtc in engine ecu go to all other ecu and delete errors as well.

18. Switch off the car and wait.

19. Turn on the car press the cruise control and acc buttons and look at the display to see if the icons do appear.

20. Find a nice road and with a friend of front of you try the ACC and learn how it works... also read the owners manual before that.

21. Always look at the road ahead and be prepared to brake.

22. Enjoy your rides an be safe

* Only difference i found to the guide was I had to activate ACC+ not just ACC. Otherwise I would get a proxi fail.

[IMG alt="Click image for larger version
Name: 20190403_145532_HDR.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 841.9 KB
ID: 14431"]https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/267-alfa-romeo-stelvio-diy-how/attachment.php?s=11c17566d82d96d2ec01b7cff7b45327&attachmentid=14431&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1554495074[/IMG]
Name: 20190403_150248_HDR.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 722.5 KB
ID: 14433"]https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/267-alfa-romeo-stelvio-diy-how/attachment.php?s=11c17566d82d96d2ec01b7cff7b45327&attachmentid=14433&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1554495086[/IMG]
Name: 20190403_150306_HDR.jpg
Views: 71
Size: 666.0 KB
ID: 14435"]https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/267-alfa-romeo-stelvio-diy-how/attachment.php?s=11c17566d82d96d2ec01b7cff7b45327&attachmentid=14435&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1554495100[/IMG]
Name: 20190403_151722.jpg
Views: 65
Size: 656.8 KB
ID: 14437"]https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/267-alfa-romeo-stelvio-diy-how/attachment.php?s=11c17566d82d96d2ec01b7cff7b45327&attachmentid=14437&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1554495191[/IMG]
Name: 20190403_193505.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 930.8 KB
ID: 14439"]https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/267-alfa-romeo-stelvio-diy-how/attachment.php?s=11c17566d82d96d2ec01b7cff7b45327&attachmentid=14439&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1554495232[/IMG]

Name: 20190403_154956_HDR.jpg
Views: 77
Size: 696.3 KB
ID: 14441"]https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/267-alfa-romeo-stelvio-diy-how/attachment.php?s=11c17566d82d96d2ec01b7cff7b45327&attachmentid=14441&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1554495347[/IMG]
Hi, a new forum member here. I can see that you wrote a part number for the Giulia but it seems that it is incorrect, since once you look it up, it shows that these are the buttons for right side of the steering wheeling for the Stelvio. Since I want to order the ACC button or the whole left side panel with buttons for the Giulia. The end question would be, what is the part number for the ACC button (or whole left panel) for the Giulia?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts