Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
You need to remind them that you have it and they should not wipe it out.
Thats not really an option if they need to do a restore and alignment..if its not in the sales code, its a goner.

sometimes a simple flash will cause a proxi misalignment ..the bus architecture on these cars as well as the FIAT offerings are not very tolerant to change ...

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thats not really an option if they need to do a restore and alignment..if its not in the sales code, its a goner.

sometimes a simple flash will cause a proxi misalignment ..the bus architecture on these cars as well as the FIAT offerings are not very tolerant to change ...
If the mechanic knows about it they can make sure it does not get erased. I already have had this discussion with my local dealer. But changing the sales code would be easer.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
With just a proxi align there won't be an issue but if they need to a vehicle configuration restore I don't think it will survive unless its part of the sales code at the time of the configuration download......at least not that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I just enabled ACC+ and Auto high beam on my Giulia using MES 4.5 Multiplex using the guides on this forum. All works as expected and tested on the road to work this morning. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I just enabled ACC+ and Auto high beam on my Giulia using MES 4.5 Multiplex using the guides on this forum. All works as expected and tested on the road to work this morning. Thanks guys!
Cool. Did you have to change the module on your steering wheel?

·
Registered
142 Posts
So just to be clear, do I need to already have the Forward Collision warning option for this to work? My car has the basic system (just blind spot and rear cross traffic) but I DO have the radar device in the bumper and a camera near my rear view mirror. Do I just need the steering wheel button and the coding?

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So just to be clear, do I need to already have the Forward Collision warning option for this to work? My car has the basic system (just blind spot and rear cross traffic) but I DO have the radar device in the bumper and a camera near my rear view mirror. Do I just need the steering wheel button and the coding?
Yes you need radar and camera. Then Stalk with button and steering wheel with button.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,682 Posts
What exactly is rear cross path detection. Is it something more than the park sense beeping if something is close?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts
What exactly is rear cross path detection. Is it something more than the park sense beeping if something is close?
I believe it uses the same sensors. If I have my car in reverse, backing out of a spot, it can detect a vehicle approaching from the sides. It's actually quite good, I was surprised.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I believe it uses the same sensors. If I have my car in reverse, backing out of a spot, it can detect a vehicle approaching from the sides. It's actually quite good, I was surprised.
I don't see it on my window sticker so I must not have it. I do have the rear sensors though

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have been pleasantly surprised just how well this works. It has been a life savor a couple times when trying to get out of parking spots when a couple giant SUVs are parked next to me

Reactions: JeFizz
21 - 40 of 75 Posts