Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 19 Ti Sport with the active suspension. Does the Quad have the same suspension setup as the Ti models with the active suspension? just curious.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I have a 19 Ti Sport with the active suspension. Does the Quad have the same suspension setup as the Ti models with the active suspension? just curious.
No. If it is commanded into Race mode (requires hacks) the Ti will malfunction (soft in front, hard in rear) while the QV will work properly. I believe only the programming is different in the control unit.

I would not be surprised if the shocks are different.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
The dampers themselves are the same between Quadrifoglios and RWD 2.0L Giulias. Other suspension components are not.
Including the controller?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
hardware is the same, software is different
Hardware is same and software is same. What makes the behavior and calibration different is proxi. This is why the 2.0 race mode hack creates odd suspension results on cars with adaptive suspension.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hardware is same and software is same. What makes the behavior and calibration different is proxi. This is why the 2.0 race mode hack creates odd suspension results on cars with adaptive suspension.
No, software is different.

f.i. squadra loads quad software on 2.0 unit to make dampers work in race mode....
Squadra tuning

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
No, software is different.

f.i. squadra loads quad software on 2.0 unit to make dampers work in race mode....
Squadra tuning
If you read squadra page more closely, it seems some vehicles work out of box (albeit with incorrect calibration imo) and some don't. They also only tested euro vehicles Two vehicles I've researched (my QV and a USA 2.0) were both running same CDC software version. I suppose it's possible that they recycled version #s. I don't think jumping to the conclusion "they run different software" because squadra's hack is correct.

·
Registered
931 Posts
the cdcm module on the quad also controls the front spoiler and torque vectoring on the qv, as well as having one additional setting for the damping in race mode, so it differs from the 2.0 version....

also the remarks on the squadra site specifically address the models that have adaptive damping as option of course
Squadra has a long history (chip)tuning specifically Alfa's, and is usually correct.....

from site:
When the car is equipped with adaptive damping, it appears that it does not understand the Race position. The front dampers are very soft and the rear is much harder than before. A combination that does not work well on the road. With the button in the middle of the DNA + R selector the dampers can be set to a "Mid" position. That still works well. A solution is to mount a control unit of the adaptive dampers of a QV. Then everything works perfectly and gives the Giulia and a very nice spring / damper behavior.
Such a control unit costs 720.- Euro and is supplied EMPTY (= without software). This must be programmed to a QV for the correct software. As you know, we cannot be easily stopped and are able to program the control unit from a non QV to one from a QV. In short, also solved!

However, does it all really matter ? ;)

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
the cdcm module on the quad also controls the front spoiler and torque vectoring on the qv, as well as having one additional setting for the damping in race mode, so it differs from the 2.0 version....

also the remarks on the squadra site specifically address the models that have adaptive damping as option of course
Squadra has a long history tuning specifically Alfa's, and is usually correct.....

from site:
When the car is equipped with adaptive damping, it appears that it does not understand the Race position. The front dampers are very soft and the rear is much harder than before. A combination that does not work well on the road. With the button in the middle of the DNA + R selector the dampers can be set to a "Mid" position. That still works well. A solution is to mount a control unit of the adaptive dampers of a QV. Then everything works perfectly and gives the Giulia and a very nice spring / damper behavior.
Such a control unit costs 720.- Euro and is supplied EMPTY (= without software). This must be programmed to a QV for the correct software. As you know, we cannot be easily stopped and are able to program the control unit from a non QV to one from a QV. In short, also solved!

However, does it all really matter ? ;)
Although the CDCM provides input to the TVM, it is the TVM (Torque Vectoring Module) that controls torque vectoring on the QV. I do not know if you run the QV version of the CDCM software without a TVM if it will throw an error.

The active aero has 2 modules to control the actuators. I do not know if they have any connection to the CDCM other than power on/off, but I do not think there is anything.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Springs are probably "wrong" or at least not ideal.

The V6 and TVD are probably heavier than the I4 and regular diff.
RWD Ti are typically between 3550 and 3650 pounds.
QV are typically between 3850 and 3950 pounds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts