Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Active suspension aftermarket

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rumifaizer 
#1 ·
Anyone (looking at you Macgeek) know if it might be possible to retrofit the active suspension dampers to a giulia? I'm very envious but not quite up to selling my car and buying a new one...

#6 ·
Whether or not you mean it that's like the nicest thing you could have said. Why can't you get coilovers with the active suspension? Also LSD seems pretty unnecessary if you have a Q4. Already oversteers on demand.

#8 ·
Niello Alfa in Sacramento quoted me $4400 for a set of the active suspension dampers for my Q4.
The system also requires G sensors (5 total?) and wire harness for the shocks and the sensors.

I think the Q4 front dampers are different than for the other Giulia versions in order to straddle the front half shafts. I could be wrong...

Umbrella designs claims to be able to modify OEM shocks to be coilover. The whole purpose of checking the price was to get a second set to send to Umbrella designs to modify.

I was told that many owners of vehicles with active damping systems switch them to standard dampers when the OEM dampers wear out due to the cost of replacement active dampers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.