Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got a warning light: Active Aero Sysyem Needs Servicing. I stopped on the shoulder to take a look and it appears that the servos did not bring the splitter back up when I reduced speed. Was still like that when I got home.

I will post on whether or not it “resets” itself when I start her up later. If not, I’m going to have to be even more careful going into the driveway and over bumps and dips until I take her in for her first service (due late June).

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Awe Simey, you think something failed as a result of the road debris damage? Maybe something was cracked and got missed at the repair? Hopefully it's just sensor related and will clear at restart. Oh, it may voltage related as well. Make sure you have a fill charge on the battery. The spider top "capote" on my 360 can hang up due to heat soak even though the fluid and battery are in good shape. I noticed this again last week after a cruise downtown. Plenty of cooling time on the way home but the heat of traffic keeps giving it vapor lock. Worked fine on the third try. Second time worked OK too but I wanted to see if it could clear the light.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps make certain you don't have a squirrel or chipmunk wedged in there? :)
Funny Lockem! As it happens, there was a lightweight plastic trash bag stuck somewhere aft of it when I looked underneath. It was sort of around the same time that the problem occurred that I recall seeing the bag in the road and went over it. Seems unlikely though.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Yes!!! :D That bag may have been enough to throw the code.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
Funny Lockem! As it happens, there was a lightweight plastic trash bag stuck somewhere aft of it when I looked underneath. It was sort of around the same time that the problem occurred that I recall seeing the bag in the road and went over it. Seems unlikely though.
I hate chipmunks and blame everything that goes wrong on them. This turns out to be correct more often than you might think, at least if you live in chipmunk country.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Well whadya know? Just started her up and it retracted and cleared the warning light. All is once again well in Simey land.

Gremlins I’d warrant!
Optical obstruction detection like a garage door opener?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Speaking of the active splitter, is there a way to manually override. They only reason is so I can clean it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Lets face it, it's the software glitches that bug these cars, the mechanicals are strong. I'm figuring long term ownership should be interesting.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Lets face it, it's the software glitches that bug these cars, the mechanicals are strong. I'm figuring long term ownership should be interesting.
I don't think this is a software issue. I've had my car in twice for the same warning light and both times, according to my dealer, was debris in the splitter. Small stones, sand, dirt, gravel (don't ask), etc. all played a part.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Can MultiEcuScan lower the splitter? For my Q4 it has many actuator test operations available.

It sounds like there should be a menu item in the infotainment to lower the splitter though, particularly if this needs to be done regularly for cleaning.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey Simey, I know this is a old post but have you had any more problems with your splitter and the warning light?
And...I'd be interested to know if there is any "official" procedure to lower the splitter while the car is stationary that doesn't require a dealer's computer to be hooked up?

Reactions: Anders E.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just FYI I've had my Quadfog for about 2 months, I have approx 4,500 miles from new (yes I drive a lot) and I get this "Active Aero Warning" probably 50% of the time I go above 70mph.

Alfa customer service said a software update should fix the issue, I have a feeling the situation happens when you speed up or slow down through the speed range that would deploy the splitter. eg. hit 71mph have the splitter start to deploy and then decelerate below 71 before the system is finished. That's how it seems to me because I notice I get the error and a stuck splitter until restart when I am moving up and down from 60-80 mph.

AMG Hunter

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just FYI I've had my Quadfog for about 2 months, I have approx 4,500 miles from new (yes I drive a lot) and I get this "Active Aero Warning" probably 50% of the time I go above 70mph.

Alfa customer service said a software update should fix the issue, I have a feeling the situation happens when you speed up or slow down through the speed range that would deploy the splitter. eg. hit 71mph have the splitter start to deploy and then decelerate below 71 before the system is finished. That's how it seems to me because I notice I get the error and a stuck splitter until restart when I am moving up and down from 60-80 mph.

AMG Hunter
I wonder if my dealer knows about this update. They're blaming my problem on the fact I scrapped the front corner/spoiler of the car on a steep driveway and perhaps knocked something out on the actuator.

There is no rhyme nor reason when my warning comes on, or if the spoiler remains up or down.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts