Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 18 Giulia owners that are/will have the update for ACP/AA, does your software version start with 002.xxx.xxx or something like 072.xxx.xxx? If it started with 002. did it change to 072. after the install? The reason I ask, I thought the software version had to start with the higher number first; 072. in order for ACP/AA to work, which indicated a better processor. My dealer has two Stelvio on the lot with ACP/AA and the version starts with 002..

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,405 Posts
I have ACP/AA and my software # is 053.001.004

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
..... My dealer has two Stelvio on the lot with ACP/AA and the version starts with 002..

Thanks
But did you actually see ACP/AA working on those ? ;)
out of interest: do you know the full software version number (ie 002.???.???, as directly read from the infotainment). Just curious.

you cannot load firmware 072.xxx.xxx (or 053.xxx.xxx etc.) on units currently with 002.xxx.xxx or vice versa, the hardware is incompatible

However, if it actually has working ACP/AA, that would be great :)

see also
https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/1001-audio-stereo/9073-our-giulias-will-getting-android-auto-carplay-courtesy-software-update-19.html#post239265

Whole acp/aa business still as confusing as ever ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But did you actually see ACP/AA working on those ? ;)
out of interest: do you know the full software version number (ie 002.???.???, as directly read from the infotainment). Just curious.

you cannot load firmware 072.xxx.xxx (or 053.xxx.xxx etc.) on units currently with 002.xxx.xxx or vice versa, the hardware is incompatible

However, if it actually has working ACP/AA, that would be great :)

see also
https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/1001-audio-stereo/9073-our-giulias-will-getting-android-auto-carplay-courtesy-software-update-19.html#post239265

Whole acp/aa business still as confusing as ever ;)
I did not plug my phone in as it was on the showroom floor and other customers were walking around it. I did not wright the full version down, but did read the window sticker and it listed ACP/AA and not pre-wired. The build date was 2/18 and dealer ordered. At this point, it would not surprise me if a phone was plugged in, it would not work with that version number. I am at the point nothing surprises me from Alfa and not always in a good way.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I did not plug my phone in as it was on the showroom floor and other customers were walking around it. I did not wright the full version down, but did read the window sticker and it listed ACP/AA and not pre-wired. The build date was 2/18 and dealer ordered. At this point, it would not surprise me if a phone was plugged in, it would not work with that version number. I am at the point nothing surprises me from Alfa and not always in a good way.
yeah, I would expect (despite the sticker) that it either has acp/aa but another software version (example 072.xxx.xxx), or it has version 002.xxx.xxx but no working acp/aa

However, who knows ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really it's a crapshoot on MY18s. There are some super early builds with working ACP/AA and there also some late builds with it non-working. Seems to all depend on what things were done at the port on each particular vehicle and doesn't matter what it says on your window sticker. There isn't any way to tell if your's has it working without plugging in a phone and trying it.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
... and doesn't matter what it says on your window sticker.
Really? Are there cars with ACP/AA listed on the window sticker under Standard Features but which don't have it?

I'm not talking about "pre-wired for ACP," just the plain "Apple Car Play" and "Google Android Auto" text.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to pass along, I was at the dealer again today and both Stelvio were gone. I could not double check the software versions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really? Are there cars with ACP/AA listed on the window sticker under Standard Features but which don't have it?

I'm not talking about "pre-wired for ACP," just the plain "Apple Car Play" and "Google Android Auto" text.
Yeah I was talking about the 'pre-wired' and '$200' or whatever line items.

·
Registered
255 Posts
And to add to the mystery ----- my 2018 Lusso is only "pre-wired" per the window sticker for ACP & AA but I got Android to work.

The car was built in 11/17. The software version is 056.000.007.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts