Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to share and vent with the only group that understands. Wife and I are parked at Publix in our town last night. We go in and meanwhile a woman in a rented Metro Box truck proceeds to pull in like she’s driving a Civic and not a 16 foot truck. The results below. Just gutted this morning. All my cosmetic mods and ceramic coatings and paint protection were not enough to stop a distracted woman in a box truck. Thanks for reading and letting me vent.

Would really appreciate ANYONE that has experience with getting diminished value?
My insurance says to bring it up after the other person's insurance has opened the claim and approved the repair facility and cost of repairs and not to bring it up when I contact them to open the claim.

J.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Awww man, I hate that for you. Good luck with the Insurance!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
You have my sympathies. At least it wasn't a hit-and-run, and the car is still drivable. I admire your restraint at not removing the offender's head, having it mounted, and putting it on your garage wall with the BMW grille and DSM poster. Good luck with repairs and diminished value.

Reactions: FNM and GiuliaQV

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny- all my friends here know how I am about my cars and all asked how much the bail was last night. My hands were shaking I was so angry. My wife said, "Go walk around the parking lot and Ill talk to the lady and the officer". Love my girl! She knows its' my baby.

The part that made me want to kill the women was her comment, after seeing how seething mad I was..."Hey, at least I stayed"
Like she was doing me some big F'ing favor!

·
Registered
422 Posts
What? She think's she's being cute? Run her through the wringer.

People are generally morons.

EDIT: In my book, you apologize and do everything possible to make amends, or your head gets ripped off- I would keep bringing that car back, over and over again and run that tab up as far as possible. I go out of my way, spend the money to beat people who make light of the trouble they cause me.

I am petty like that (yes, I know I'm an ass hole much of the time, I don't care... ;) ) I HATE people with no respect for anything- as if the world is their personal trash can.

rjp

·
Registered
765 Posts
That sucks but don’t see how that would affect the value. Looks like a fairly easy repair. Keep the pics to show to a prospective buyer. I would describe that as superficial. Eg it would affect the driveability of the car at all.

·
Banned
219 Posts
I know, I would be crest fallen about it, too. but, Sh#t happens and it isn't really that bad compared to what it could have been. Hope, it is healed up soon.

Reactions: Fripp64

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She got into the rear quarter panel and that will require some major work to repair. The car is brand new and you can ask for diminished value in the state I live in here in the U.S. Regardless of the level of damage she has lessened the value of the car if I were to sell it or trade it in because it will now be reported has being in an accident.

J.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
it's not asking much - or these days maybe it is?
visiting our son in NYC over Christmas, we saw two males in a box truck squeeze their way down a narrowed street, making a much worse mess of the out of state vehicle parked there. they actually stopped briefly, I guess thinking about it, and long enough for me to run over, and gets pics of the truck and plate. funny thing, it wasn't long enough for anyone else to try and get a pic or anything.
anyways, got some paper at a restaurant, left a note, and sent the fellow the pics.

so yes, at least she stopped, often enough they don't.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
You just hate to see this! One thing... never ever ever take your Giulia to Publix. Just never! That is rule #1. Hope everything gets sorted with the insurance companies and you get her back looking pristine.

As a side note, I also hate stopping at CVS/Walgreens as well. Park as far away as possible and across the street if necessary.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Never park up front or next to a walkway, park somewhere you must walk a few feet to get to- fortunately people are generally lazier than they are envious.

rjp

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed...I was parked far away from everyone, as I always do, but somehow she felt with all the open space around she was going to pull in next to my car sitting by itself on the end of the parking lot. "I used to be a people person but the people ruined it"

·
Banned
219 Posts
You just hate to see this! One thing... never ever ever take your Giulia to Publix. Just never! That is rule #1. Hope everything gets sorted with the insurance companies and you get her back looking pristine.

As a side note, I also hate stopping at CVS/Walgreens as well. Park as far away as possible and across the street if necessary.
I have been to Miami several times. The drugstore is the main social gathering area for 90 year old's driving huge Cadillac barges that have the right to drive and park however they **** well please. I don't think across the street is far enough.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I have been to Miami several times. The drugstore is the main social gathering area for 90 year old's driving huge Cadillac barges that have the right to drive and park however they **** well please. I don't think across the street is far enough.
LOL very very true! :grin2:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
That sucks but don’t see how that would affect the value. Looks like a fairly easy repair. Keep the pics to show to a prospective buyer. I would describe that as superficial. Eg it would affect the driveability of the car at all.

Diminished value will result from the accident being reported on his Carfax report. "Accident". That will potentially impact the value he can resell the car at a later date. I don't know on a lease deal but I am assuming that is not the case.

I would not bring up diminished value until you have all the facts and are ready to present an estimate of value today vs value prior to accident. Once an collision is reported it is on there for good. That is why if we do something stupid like jack knife our trailer, we pay cash for repairs. No ding on insurance and no claim on a fender bumper repair.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Man, that's some ugly damage, right on the shoulder line. Good luck on the repair.

Reactions: Fripp64

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Used to be Florida = Newly Wed or Nearly Dead. Still?

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Banned
219 Posts
Florida has some very challenging roads to run a QV on. They call them exit ramps.

Florida is so flat. You can watch your dog run away for two weeks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts